collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Andre Green - on loan at PNE  (Read 68248 times)

Offline Brassneck

Re: Andre Green
« Reply #285 on: August 29, 2018, 08:44:08 AM »
Loaning him makes perfect sense - Even if he drops down a division.

He won't be starting for Villa this season so game time elsewhere is better for him (and us) in the long term.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #286 on: August 29, 2018, 08:47:07 AM »
He never lets us down when in the team, but needs game time and with the two  new loan players was never going to get that so  good move.  Green is a good championship player at the moment but not quite what is needed to help us get promotion.

Online andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #287 on: August 29, 2018, 09:43:18 AM »

He has now been given a few chances to impress and has never taken his chance. Always looks frightened to death. Has never lived up the hype that surrounds him, a loan is the best option.

Offline Risso

• GM : 28.02.2021
« Reply #288 on: August 29, 2018, 10:25:04 AM »
Best thing for him I reckon.  Hasn't impressed at all when given a chance, and needs to get a consistent run of games under his belt.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 06.02.2021
« Reply #289 on: August 29, 2018, 11:20:19 AM »
Good move for him, he needs a run of games and whilst I would have liked it to be with us, he hasnít shown enough to trust him with a run of say five games.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #290 on: August 29, 2018, 11:40:46 AM »
Granted he's inexperienced and needs a run of games, I'd still 100% prefer him over Adomah, and it's clear that Bolasie isn't ready for a run of games himself yet, so I'm sorry but I do not see the sense in this at all.

Nobody can convince me that sending one of our brightest young talents to fecking Portsmouth when we need a bit of pace and invention in midfield is the sensible thing to do.

He had a great pre-season and hasn't been given enough of a chance in competitive matches this season for anyone to be making the judgement that he's not ready, IMO. Total nonsense.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 06.02.2021
« Reply #291 on: August 29, 2018, 11:57:36 AM »
He had a great pre-season and hasn't been given enough of a chance in competitive matches this season for anyone to be making the judgement that he's not ready, IMO. Total nonsense.

Iím a fan and agree that he seems to be the latest in a long line of Ďone of our owní given less patience than someone purchased in.

That said if he doesnít go out on loan in the next few days he will probably not get much game time over the next few months and, as he hasnít grasped the few opportunities given to him, a loan is best for his development.

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #292 on: August 29, 2018, 12:04:30 PM »
Nobody can convince me that sending one of our brightest young talents to fecking Portsmouth when we need a bit of pace and invention in midfield is the sensible thing to do.

If you've seen any of Green's cameos this season you shouldn't need convincing in all honesty. He's been absolutely woeful.

Best thing for the lad is to go and play week in week out and we can then see if he has the desire to match his talent. Because it's the former that's severely lacking to my eyes. If he's not careful he's going to be another Tsihbola

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 15.08.2020
« Reply #293 on: August 29, 2018, 12:05:26 PM »
We need him to get competitive game time on a loan, so we can see how he fares...an Andre Preview

Offline Gareth

• GM : 14.02.2021
« Reply #294 on: August 29, 2018, 12:57:00 PM »
If the loan deadline is Thursday surely he could have been in the 18 last night then loaned out - not a single attacking player on bench...odd

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #295 on: August 29, 2018, 01:43:50 PM »
If the loan deadline is Thursday surely he could have been in the 18 last night then loaned out - not a single attacking player on bench...odd

I guess his last cameo was the final straw with Bruce. It was THAT bad after all. Mind you, that didn't stop Albert being picked. Although his number must also be up now as well

I don't think we had any other fit attacking options to put on the bench last night did we ?

Down to the bare bones.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #296 on: August 29, 2018, 01:45:52 PM »
is Kodjia out injured again then?

Offline sirlordbaltimore

« Reply #297 on: August 29, 2018, 01:57:33 PM »
is Kodjia out injured again then?

Bruce said last night that Kodjia, Grealish and McGinn were all missing through injury. I suspect Kodjia may just have a tweak so no point risking him last night as our only fit striker really. Even one of the younger lads who was supposedly going to be involved more is out with a shoulder injruy now as well

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #298 on: August 29, 2018, 02:05:59 PM »
No idea why he was not in the match day squad for last night, could certainly have played some part before going out on loan. For the messiah to then say he had no attacking options on the bench defies belief. Green should have been there, and while I realise O'Hare is coming back from injury, surely he could have been brought off after 60 mins the night before and put on the bench for last night. I am totally fed up of this mans excuses

Offline PGW

« Reply #299 on: August 29, 2018, 02:12:21 PM »
No idea why he was not in the match day squad for last night, could certainly have played some part before going out on loan. For the messiah to then say he had no attacking options on the bench defies belief. Green should have been there, and while I realise O'Hare is coming back from injury, surely he could have been brought off after 60 mins the night before and put on the bench for last night. I am totally fed up of this mans excuses
I don't see sense of Green loan....we don't have any idea when Bolasie is going to be fit enough to actually make an appearance so until he does it's basically one in, El Ghazi and one out (Green).

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal