collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Andre Green - on loan at PNE  (Read 68018 times)

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 18.07.2017
Re: Andre Green
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2017, 11:03:52 PM »
He needs to put a chance away, get his confidence up. If he'd buried that sitter against Hull...

It wasn't a sitter!

The header into an empty goal? It was an absolute sitter.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #76 on: August 17, 2017, 11:18:29 PM »
If an open goal from three yards out isn't a sitter, can you please tell me what you'd call it?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 15.06.2020
« Reply #77 on: August 17, 2017, 11:32:27 PM »
He drifts in and out of games but then again what 18/19 year old dosen't.

If people are expecting him to drive us into the top 6 they're going to be disappointed.

I think he's got some great qualities and with the right coaching he can go far in the game. Pretty debatable whether he's going to get that here.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2017, 12:36:45 AM »
He needs to put a chance away, get his confidence up. If he'd buried that sitter against Hull...

It wasn't a sitter!

The header into an empty goal? It was an absolute sitter.

Sorry, I thought Richard meant the chance at Reading. Even though he said Hull...the boss was right next to me, sometimes you speed-read posts and suffer the consequences.

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2017, 07:42:09 AM »
I have seen a lot of youngsters making their Villa debuts, Sid, Sir Brian, Charlie Aitken, John Gidman, John Sleeuwenhoek, Alan Deakin,  GazBaz, Darius Vassell, Dwight Yorke, Harry Burrows, Mark Walters.  All of them had a stamp of quality about them.  You could see within minutes that they were going to be good.  Sometimes they flatter to deceive like the Moore brothers but in virtually all cases you know you have a good player the minute you clap eyes on him.

I first saw Andre Green two seasons ago in the pre season at Cambridge United.  The week before Cam U had held Ipswich to 1-1 but we brushed them aside 3-0 without breaking sweat.  The spearhead of the attack that night was Andre Green, Rushian Hepburn-Murphy with Jack Grealish in the hole behind the front two.  They were excellent.  I was very impressed by all three young players.

In recent games Green's form has dipped sharply.  He has lost confidence.  He feels the pressure.  He is nervous.  It comes from playing in a badly managed team with rock bottom morale.  We cannot afford in all senses of the word to bin off potentially valuable players when their form drops, especially while moving heaven and earth to somehow reinvent the likes of Gabby and Richards.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2017, 07:46:47 AM »
We're not moving heaven and earth to reinvent Richards m

Nobody wants him

Online brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2017, 07:52:50 AM »
We might not be but handing him the captain's armband in a pre season suggests those running the club think otherwise.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2017, 10:36:12 AM »
Richards had a rant at two fans (I presume Villa) on Instagram a few months back who were giving him stick for going to watch Joe Hart in Italy.

His comment was basically along the lines of if you had my ankle you'd struggle to get fit aswell.

I think even if we found a club stupid enough to take him he wouldn't pass a medical.

There is probably a will to get him fit given what he earns but seems to me he gets up to a point and then his fitness breaks down. That's why you occasionally see him on the bench and then he goes missing for months.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #83 on: August 18, 2017, 10:42:20 AM »
We cannot afford in all senses of the word to bin off potentially valuable players when their form drops, especially while moving heaven and earth to somehow reinvent the likes of Gabby and Richards.

That's a very good point, we still have Agbonlahor stinking the place out after however many chances he's been given and yet any young player doesn't seem to be given the help and support they need to progress. The fact the likes of Agbonlahor, Hutton and Richards are anywhere near the first team squad goes someway to explaining why we could well be bottom of the Championship by 9.30pm tonight.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #84 on: August 18, 2017, 11:32:26 AM »
Richards had a rant at two fans (I presume Villa) on Instagram a few months back who were giving him stick for going to watch Joe Hart in Italy.

His comment was basically along the lines of if you had my ankle you'd struggle to get fit aswell.

I think even if we found a club stupid enough to take him he wouldn't pass a medical.

There is probably a will to get him fit given what he earns but seems to me he gets up to a point and then his fitness breaks down. That's why you occasionally see him on the bench and then he goes missing for months.
A case for writing him off on insurance then?

Offline frank black

« Reply #85 on: August 18, 2017, 11:39:47 AM »

I can only imagine how hard it would be to make a claim. It would need to be a Luc Nilis scenario.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #86 on: August 18, 2017, 11:45:00 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUE7-W-D9Ib/?taken-by=micahrichards

Comment halfway down when you click more comments "when you have a knee like mine."

No idea what we do. Bloke still has two years left on his deal ffs.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #87 on: August 18, 2017, 11:46:36 AM »
He drifts in and out of games but then again what 18/19 year old dosen't.

If people are expecting him to drive us into the top 6 they're going to be disappointed.

I think he's got some great qualities and with the right coaching he can go far in the game. Pretty debatable whether he's going to get that here.

I just wonder if playing him on the left is hindering him a bit.  Some right footed players can do it, especially those who lack that bit of pace beat a defender down the line, as it enables them to cut back on their right foot and whip balls in, but I guess some struggle with it.

I still think we would be better off signing a natural left winger this season and using Green here and there. 

Offline manic-road

« Reply #88 on: August 18, 2017, 11:49:01 AM »

I can only imagine how hard it would be to make a claim. It would need to be a Luc Nilis scenario.

If I remember rightly we did that with John Fashanu.

Online Ad@m

• GM : 07.03.2021
« Reply #89 on: August 18, 2017, 12:34:15 PM »

Better off sending him to a glue factory.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal