collapse collapse

Please donate to help keep this site going.

The Fanzine

Heroes & Villains Fanzine

Get your fix of all things Claret & Blue by subscribing to the online version!

* H&V Best Of

Recent Posts

Re: The Future by CT
[Today at 07:10:29 PM]

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed by hilts_coolerking
[Today at 07:09:56 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2019/20 by David_Nab
[Today at 07:09:31 PM]

New Villa Book... sort of... by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:08:38 PM]

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed by john e
[Today at 07:07:57 PM]

Re: The International Cricket Thread 2019+2020 by hilts_coolerking
[Today at 07:07:07 PM]

Re: The International Cricket Thread 2019+2020 by paul_e
[Today at 07:06:56 PM]

Re: Dean Smith - Confirmed by CT
[Today at 07:04:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Andre Green - on loan at PNE  (Read 70334 times)

Online Ad@m

• GM : 07.03.2021
Re: Andre Green - on loan at PNE
« Reply #630 on: January 02, 2020, 05:31:15 PM »
He's just not very good.  Definite League 1 or 2 material.

I don't disagree, but Ashley Westwood and his 200+ Premier League appearances demonstrate that with the right mindset, being 'not very good' doesn't stop you playing in the big league.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2021
« Reply #631 on: January 02, 2020, 06:36:34 PM »
He's just not very good.  Definite League 1 or 2 material.

I agree.  It's a shame though but we've carried too many not very good players over the last ten years.

Offline Vill I An

• Hope we stay Premier league !
« Reply #632 on: June 07, 2020, 10:07:06 AM »
Greeny still on loan at Charlton . He played in 6-0 defeat Vs Arsenal in friendly
Hoping he be back at the Villa and with the extra subs play a part as a squad member.
Would have like him around and against Sheff  United especially!

Hope he does get a go at Villa but I think that only happens if we go down we'll see him more prominent .

Offline Newby

• GM : 01.12.2020
« Reply #633 on: June 07, 2020, 11:51:17 AM »
He wasn't much cop for us in the Championship either. Ditch. No better than Trezeguet.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #634 on: June 07, 2020, 03:55:11 PM »
His biggest fault is that he is too easy to read by defenders.  Pity.  I thought he was going to be a big asset for us.  If he was a racehorse you would say he did not train on.

Online cdbullyweefan

• I still hate Bono.
    • Every time you click this link, a child in Africa dies.
  • GM : 21.01.2021
« Reply #635 on: June 07, 2020, 04:09:40 PM »
I think he has just been very unlucky with injuries whenever he has looked like getting going. He might still be worth sitting on the bench for now, could do with two wingers available to come on under the up to five subs rule.

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
« Reply #636 on: June 07, 2020, 07:17:38 PM »
I go to as many PNE games as Villa ones as it is the closest club to where I live. I was hoping to see Andre blossom whilst on loan there and thought it was a good choice for the loan.

Hasn't happened and sadly I think it's time to let him drop two divisions and build a career elsewhere.

Offline Vill I An

• Hope we stay Premier league !
« Reply #637 on: June 07, 2020, 07:41:47 PM »
Wasn't it the case he had a injury which prevented him from playing . Arthritis in his big toe. And  as I'm sure you were only too aware the Preston  team was doing exceptional so hard to break in to when the players on his position were firing.

I just don't want a case of letting him go an  coming back to rue our offloading of him

I think at Charlton he's done ok.
They play him up front as a striker.
Obviously some thing in him and in that..
Green said he loves scoring goals too so should keep an eye on him as he could do well as a forward player.

I especially think he will be given a chance of relegated.
Not sure where Villa are with the extension to his contact for a further year and been reading they looking for a wait and see as to which division club will be in

Offline Newby

• GM : 01.12.2020
« Reply #638 on: June 07, 2020, 08:27:05 PM »
If we want to make it as a football club, especially if we go down and want to get straight back up, we have to get rid of shit like Jota, Lansbury, Taylor, Green etc. 

Offline brian green

« Reply #639 on: June 07, 2020, 08:30:11 PM »
You could see from the way he played that he wanted to score goals, to the exclusion of supporting the attack generally.  If he got the ball out wide in the opposition half he would always try to take the infield line of attack.  That is why he was/is so easily read.  A top class wide man has half a dozen options.  Go outside the full back, go inside, dribble around him,  burn him off with pace, run through him like a runaway truck (the Peter McParland speciality) or turn him inside out (the Jack Grealish speciality).  I can see him finishing up playing deep.  I wish him well.

Offline brian green

« Reply #640 on: June 07, 2020, 08:50:39 PM »
One of the cleverest, most effective wide men I have ever seen play was Mick Channon.  His marker would think it was job done when he jockeyed him off a line towards the goal but Mick was not running towards the goal, he was running to a point where the penalty box meets the goal line, half way between the goal post and the corner flag.  Just when the defence had thought he had run it out for a goal kick he would slap the ball low and hard to the feet of an onrushing striker.  Great player to watch Mick Channon.

Online Damo70

« Reply #641 on: June 07, 2020, 09:10:56 PM »
If we want to make it as a football club, especially if we go down and want to get straight back up, we have to get rid of shit like Jota, Lansbury, Taylor, Green etc.

I can't see Jota ever doing the business consistently in the top flight. On his day in the Championship with Small Heath he looked the best player on the pitch but there were plenty of other games where he went missing. If he could only turn it on occasionally in the Championship he won't be much use in the Premier League.

Online Drummond

• GM : 11.10.2020
« Reply #642 on: June 09, 2020, 11:44:12 AM »

I'd not call them 'shit', more that they aren't what you'd like to think of as First Team picks.

Out of the four mentioned, I'd agree that Jota doesn't seem up to it, though he would be perfectly good in the Championship or early League Cup rounds. Lansbury flatters to deceive and has only had a couple of moments, he wouldn't be a Championship pick for me.

Taylor is an adequate back-up, one that I'd keep until we've strengthened elsewhere.

Green may not have done brilliantly at PNE, but often players on loan don't stand out, but they do develop and when they return to the parent club they adapt better. I'm not sure he'll make it for us, but I'd give him more time; as Brian said, he needs to add more to his game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal