collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: most hated  (Read 11969 times)

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
Re: most hated
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2016, 07:50:28 PM »
Don't think Grealish or Westwood should be on the list. Grealish because he is young and only broke into the team at the end of last season, he needs patience and guidance from the more experienced pros, unfortunately we are lacking in that department. Westwood, as far as I am concerned is suffering from a lack of confidence. When he first arrived he was the most consistent passer of the ball in the team. I believe he puts in the effort and doesn't hide, ok sometimes he chooses the wrong ball but how can he pass the ball forward when there isn't a player in a forward space, He gets a lot of unfair abuse on HV

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2016, 08:08:57 PM »
Has to be Gabby. Considering he is meant to be a fan he rubs our faces in it everytime he plays.

Offline claret and blue blood

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2016, 08:14:11 PM »
I don't 'hate' any of them as it's too personal, I do hate the fact that when Hutton and Richards form the right side of the defence we always concede about 4 goals .

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2016, 08:45:24 AM »
I'll disagree with the Westwood view above. In my view he's hid all season. He's also not physical enough in this league as a defensive midfielder and constantly lets players run off him. I get the impression he's a good trainer and follows instructions so always gets in the squad. He'd be fine in a midfield where you have an energetic box to box midfielder alongside a big fuck off strong tackling centre mid and he can do what he does best link the play.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2016, 08:50:42 AM »
I don't 'hate' any of them as it's too personal, I do hate the fact that when Hutton and Richards form the right side of the defence we always concede about 4 goals .

That's it for me as well. I don't really hate any of them, but with the odd exception, I just think they've all been absolutely shit.

Offline glasses

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2016, 08:58:01 AM »
I haven't got the energy to hate any of them. I agree that Grealish shouldn't be on there, even though I've had my say about him it's much more about frustration than hate. I can't hate Gabby, but he should never play for us again. He's given me some brilliant moments as a villa fan, and I think for me they just about outweigh the bad, but it's getting close.

I don't actually like many of our players at all though. I heard that the only three who came to the holte end after the game to front up to the fans were Rudy, Lyden and Grealish. For me, those three deserve a bit of credit for facing the music. Hutton may have done had he not been sent off. Fair play to them.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2016, 09:17:22 AM »
Richards for me, a terrible waste of money who has brought nothing but misery to our club. I don't hate Gestede but imo he is the worst player I have ever seen at Villa by some way and he must go

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2016, 09:33:42 AM »
Richards for me, a terrible waste of money who has brought nothing but misery to our club. I don't hate Gestede but imo he is the worst player I have ever seen at Villa by some way and he must go
Can't agree about Gestede He is a must keep
.He will score a hatful in the Championship like he did for Blackburn,providing Pearson or whoever plays to his strength. His attitude is ok too.

Online SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2016, 09:36:06 AM »
Football is about sticking the ball in the net at one end and making sure it doesn't go in the net at the other end.

Westwood's contribution to both of those is nil.

Offline FiveKenMcNaughts

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2016, 09:51:48 AM »
Football is about sticking the ball in the net at one end and making sure it doesn't go in the net at the other end.

Westwood's contribution to both of those is nil.

As opposed to....?

Offline Allan C

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2016, 10:30:47 AM »
.He will score a hatful in the Championship like he did for Blackburn,providing Pearson or whoever plays to his strength. His attitude is ok too.
Like I said, I don't hate Gestede and I don't doubt his attitude, he's just a very poor player. The fact that he scored loads of goals in the championship blows the myth about how hard it will be down there, the defences must be equally as poor for him to score that many

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2016, 10:40:43 AM »
Like I said, I don't hate Gestede and I don't doubt his attitude, he's just a very poor player. The fact that he scored loads of goals in the championship blows the myth about how hard it will be down there, the defences must be equally as poor for him to score that many
But that's where we will be playing ?????

Offline levico

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2016, 12:51:06 PM »
With the exception of Grealish I hate all listed in almost equal measure. However, the only one that I, without fail, audible groan when I hear his name in the starting line up is Westwood. Without doubt he's the weakest member of our entire first team squad and playing two leagues above his standard.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2016, 12:55:06 PM »
'Hate' is a bit strong for me. Despise?

N'Zogbia by a long way. Of those in the list, Richards followed by Gabby. Gabby at least was one up on a time useful. Lescott a distant fourth.

The rest of them, I don't really have any dislike for them personally, I'd just like never to see Guzan, Hutton, Bacuna, Sanchez, Gestede, Crespo, Richardson or Sinclair in a Villa shirt again. The epitome of modern football. Big money for being at best very average.

The other squad members - meh - not bothered whether they stay or go really.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2016, 01:02:39 PM »
All of those listed have it in their grasp to turn their unpopularity round with the exception of Bacuna who's had to take it on the chin as the clubs official scapegoat.

N'zogbia is the only one I seriously dislike with a passion, might treat myself to a meal out and a glass of champagne on the 31st May when his contract expires.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal