collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:58:40 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Somniloquism
[Today at 07:58:20 PM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 07:57:58 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by AV84
[Today at 07:57:29 PM]

Champions League Contention by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 07:55:46 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 07:39:20 PM]

Robin Olsen by VillaTim
[Today at 07:34:00 PM]

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 07:33:20 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Riley - When Will It Happen  (Read 34614 times)

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
Re: Reilly - When Will It Happen
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2016, 11:13:07 PM »
My worry is becoming more obvious every day that our problems run very deep within the club on virtually every level. This is going to take a long time to turn around.

This is what is really scaring the shit out of me.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 11:15:30 PM by OzVilla »

Offline croatian

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2016, 11:14:12 PM »
Did the scout emigrate to Australia without them realising?!
Or even noticing?

I've described the club in the recent past as a rotting corpse, and a twitching zombie. Then thought they were intemperate words, solely borne out of anger and frustration, and perhaps I should reconsider.

Nah, I was spot on.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 11:23:06 PM by croatian »

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2016, 11:14:27 PM »
I just find it incredible that things have been allowed to get to this point.

A head scout who has emigrated to Australia? A Spain and Portugal scout who is a journalism student at university?

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2016, 11:19:51 PM »
The thing is it's hard to imagine this being made up so far fetched would the allegations be in this instance.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2016, 11:20:25 PM »
Wouldn't be surprised to learn that that the head scout was Scoutmaster at Warmignton on Sea to be honest.

Maybe would should have signed Northfield's own Private Pike and played him in the hole. 

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2016, 11:27:46 PM »
It is genuinely staggering what a fucking pig shit mess the place is behind the scenes.

The only saving grace is Lerner clearly, and finally, worked this out, putting his faith in Hollis to sort the shit heap out and make it better. Hollis, having peeked behind the curtain, thought oh bollocks I need some bloody help here, and has somehow managed to get 2-3 of the most respected people in their fields (ie finance, football administration and Villa fans!) to join him and help. As such, as awful as this season, and these stories are, I am genuinely a lot less concerned about the future than I was the day Hollis was announced.

Offline peter w

« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2016, 11:34:57 PM »
Most alarming thing was that he was told players didn't want to come but Reiley hasn't even asked them. Fucking joke

Exactly. Mindbogglingly amateurish and unbelievable.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2016, 11:35:24 PM »
I really hope this new board results in the end of this shite. Randy is to blame for a lot of things but I do feel for him when he employs people, and pays them well, to do jobs and they seem totally incompetent. Now I know he hired them in the first place but there seems a few that take the piss and nowhere near earn the money they are paid. Just like some of the players there seems a basic lack of professional pride behind the scenes.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2016, 11:36:19 PM »
It is genuinely staggering what a fucking pig shit mess the place is behind the scenes.

The only saving grace is Lerner clearly, and finally, worked this out, putting his faith in Hollis to sort the shit heap out and make it better. Hollis, having peeked behind the curtain, thought oh bollocks I need some bloody help here, and has somehow managed to get 2-3 of the most respected people in their fields (ie finance, football administration and Villa fans!) to join him and help. As such, as awful as this season, and these stories are, I am genuinely a lot less concerned about the future than I was the day Hollis was announced.

It's staggering that Lerner didn't make this move much sooner though. It's taken six scrapes with relegation and the final inevitable plunge for action to be taken. It's one thing to be absent, it's another to be absent and leave such a poor structure behind and to not act sooner when it's obvious something is really wrong.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2016, 11:36:32 PM »
I have posted on here before. My friend is a scout for a PL club. He has never met a AV scout.

I remember you posting this Steffo. Seems that there might be a job opening at Villa, ask your mate if he's interested!

Offline villabear

« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2016, 11:38:51 PM »
Even if you thought of the most ridiculous story regarding our 'scouting' you would never have come up with something quite so unbelievable.

Lerner Fox et al, hang your head in shame for being in charge while this load of shit took place.

My favourite gem was "It is also alleged that Garde was told January targets did not want to move to Villa – only for Garde then to speak to the players directly and discover they had never been contacted."  Normally youd dismiss this straight away but I can only think it's got more than a hint of truth.

I drove past the ground today and as I looked over it still fills me with pride to think that this is my club. Only reading that tonight just emphasizes what a bunch of amateurs we have in charge of our great institution.

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2016, 11:40:41 PM »
Staggering yet somehow entirely believable.

As an aside, a well placed source is clearly briefing John Percy.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2016, 11:42:11 PM »
The one things that fills me with hope, for next season and longer term is the new people that have come in. They don't seem to be messing and are finding a lot of the problems.

Bernstein has admitted changes are necessary as the club prepare for inevitable relegation to the Championship.

“I think up to now there’s been a surprising lack of football expertise at board level,” he said. “It will be for us to look at the structures we’ve got here and just get things into shape. Like with any organisation, we need to look at the whole thing from top to bottom in terms of personnel.

“We’ve got to get a bit of a move on because we’ve got this period until the end of the season, we’ve got the close season, we don’t want to leave any of these things or decisions late.”

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2016, 11:43:33 PM »
Staggering yet somehow entirely believable.

As an aside, a well placed source is clearly briefing John Percy.

Except that a lot of what he says is wrong.

Offline peter w

« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2016, 11:44:26 PM »
Hollis has quickly become our most significant signing for many many seasons.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal