collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 04:56:28 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Reuben
[Today at 04:56:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by TopDeck113
[Today at 04:55:55 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[Today at 04:55:24 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Behind Bluenose Lines
[Today at 04:55:10 PM]

Re: Leon Bailey - signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 04:52:43 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[Today at 04:49:46 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 04:49:27 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Long Awaited Accounts....  (Read 112611 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: The Long Awaited Accounts....
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2016, 10:39:11 AM »
Is there a breakdown of what the board members are paid?

Not in detail, but you can get a very good idea. Total remuneration was £1.5m, with the highest receiving £1.25m.  If that's Fox, he's apparently on very good money for being an absolute disaster.  He's on extremely good money if that's only half a year's salary as well.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2016, 10:42:18 AM »
I'm afraid I don't understand any of this. I need to see it on a flip chart with someone holding a red laser pen.

Your wife has just sold the house and car and replaced them with a tent and wheelbarrow.  The credit card is maxed out, and you've just about to lose your job working at Barclays and will go to a part time job in Asda.

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2016, 10:42:50 AM »
Thanks for the explanation, Risso.

Do you have an idea of the average issued share capital of Premier League clubs? Or at least, could you hazard a guess?

Just had a quick look, Chelsea's is only £100m but they have £660m of retained losses.  Manchester City's is £1.2bn though.  Stoke's is £36m, with £60m losses.  Interestingly on smaller turnover (£100m) than ours for the same period to May 2015 they made a small profit, as their wages were only £66m.  Obviously no accounting topic would be complete without mention of Spurs.  Their 2015 accounts aen't out yet, but for 2014 their turnover was £180m, with wages of £100m.  The very epitome of a well-run club, now challenging for the title.

Having a look at Leicester as well for 2015, their income went up from £31m to £104m obviously as a result of being back in the Premier League, and their wage bill was only £57m.

Thanks, Risso.

Congratulations, by the way. Your summary of the annual accounts has now achieved that rare feat of being the most interesting moment of the season.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2016, 10:48:14 AM »

Not in detail, but you can get a very good idea. Total remuneration was £1.5m, with the highest receiving £1.25m.  If that's Fox, he's apparently on very good money for being an absolute disaster.  He's on extremely good money if that's only half a year's salary as well.

The rest will presumably be Russell, with Krulak (if he's still on the board) and Lerner not being paid.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2016, 10:48:27 AM »
Indeed, although the analysis of the accounts is as scary as watching us defend a corner.

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2016, 10:48:51 AM »
I'm afraid I don't understand any of this. I need to see it on a flip chart with someone holding a red laser pen.

Your wife has just sold the house and car and replaced them with a tent and wheelbarrow.  The credit card is maxed out, and you've just about to lose your job working at Barclays and will go to a part time job in Asda.

Thats better.

We're fucked.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2016, 10:49:13 AM »

Do you have an idea of the average issued share capital of Premier League clubs? Or at least, could you hazard a guess?

Just had a quick look, Chelsea's is only £100m but they have £660m of retained losses.  Manchester City's is £1.2bn though.  Stoke's is £36m, with £60m losses.  Interestingly on smaller turnover (£100m) than ours for the same period to May 2015 they made a small profit, as their wages were only £66m.  Obviously no accounting topic would be complete without mention of Spurs.  Their 2015 accounts aen't out yet, but for 2014 their turnover was £180m, with wages of £100m.  The very epitome of a well-run club, now challenging for the title.

Having a look at Leicester as well for 2015, their income went up from £31m to £104m obviously as a result of being back in the Premier League, and their wage bill was only £57m.

Thanks, Risso.

Congratulations, by the way. Your summary of the annual accounts has now achieved that rare feat of being the most interesting moment of the season.

To be fair it's probably on a par with Gabbys house sale

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2016, 10:49:53 AM »
Oh and the 'SAVE IT' signs have been put back on the light switches and radiators and training ground.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2016, 10:52:02 AM »
Seems the simple summary is that we pay out far too much money:-

On fees for shit players.
On salaries for shit players.
On salaries for shit mangers.
On pay offs for shit managers.
On salaries for shit executives.

In the meantime we don't bring in enough money when:-
The PL is a cash cow.
We have a world wide brand.
We have world class facilities in Villa Park and B.Heath.

It seems to me that the decision making and business acumen at the very top is abysmal.

If you are only running a club to survive, as Villa has been run over the last few years then you must be a special kind of fucking twat to run a business and football club in the Peremier League and not be able to turn a profit.

Offline fbriai

• GM : 31.01.2022
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2016, 10:52:23 AM »

Thanks, Risso.

To be fair it's probably on a par with Gabbys house sale

I think you are under-valuing Risso by some margin there.

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2016, 10:55:33 AM »

The rest will presumably be Russell, with Krulak (if he's still on the board) and Lerner not being paid.
Thanks guys.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2016, 11:01:42 AM »
So going down will leave us in a very poor position then.Surely we will have to asset strip the squad and try get up on the cheap.
We are everybit as QPR

Fox on 1.3mil for overseeing the summer recruitment and managers has to go or though i guess they would involve a pay off too ..

Seems Hollis was brought it once Randy say what a fuck up Fox and his staff have done.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2016, 11:13:06 AM »

Fucking hell what a disaster.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2016, 11:17:13 AM »

Not all bad news then.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2016, 11:22:44 AM »
So what's the short to mid term prognosis?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal