collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 06:22:03 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Re: Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 06:22:03 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Clampy
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fox, Almstadt and Reilly to go?  (Read 15550 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Fox, Almstadt and Reilly to go?
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2016, 11:14:56 AM »
Smaller club, but I'm sure when Dan Ashworth was Director of Football at Albion, he was in charge of "overseeing first team, scouting & recruitment, medical & sports science and academy".  Financial aspects aside, that's the roles of Fox, Almstadt and Reilly all rolled into one isn't it?  Would not surprise me if all three went and one person replaced them. 
dan ashworth of sugar ape fame? He'd be right on one count: 'the idiots are winning'

Marketing director Jonatton Yeah?

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2016, 11:18:55 AM »
Fox I'm sure can still be a great asset for us, just not in his current role. He's a Marketing person, just let him do that. That's if his ego can accept the demotion.

Almstadt and Reilly though, Jesus wept. I know the French mob have been our better performers but that really is damning with faint praise.

Offline walsall villain

« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2016, 11:28:55 AM »
Smaller club, but I'm sure when Dan Ashworth was Director of Football at Albion, he was in charge of "overseeing first team, scouting & recruitment, medical & sports science and academy".  Financial aspects aside, that's the roles of Fox, Almstadt and Reilly all rolled into one isn't it?  Would not surprise me if all three went and one person replaced them. 
I was thinking that too. I don't have a clue what a championship team management structure is typically like but surely it involves fewer personnel?

Offline supertom

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2016, 11:45:35 AM »
It's fair enough if there's demonstrable evidence that they HAVE fucked up but, given that the 'French lads' have generally been the best of a terrible bunch, I hope the club isn't being steered by the lazy, obvious tabloid agenda.

They've been better compared to the tosh we have throughout the squad but for £30m or whatever we've paid for them it doesn't look value for money right now. Plus, if they are to be believed then there was no transfer committee so they also had a hand in signing donkeys like Lescott, Gestede and Richards.

We are bottom of the league, our transfers haven't been good .
Indeed and ultimately our board are responsible for every transfer sanctioned. That includes the likes of Richards, Lescott etc, or the year before with Richardson et al.
As for the French players, they've got a hell of a long way to go to prove they belong in this league. Gana has had half a dozen games where he's looked the part, but more often than not gets lost. Veretout has been the same, and he's struggling to hold down his place.
Ayew shows plenty of desire and the ability to do the unexpected but consistency has never been his strength, nor stability. None of our French players would come close to recouping what we paid. We'd likely be lucky to get half on each of them. Not one single player in our squad has been more than a 5/10 this season. Not fucking one. This is a combination of factors:
poor signings.
poor management.
piss poor attitude from some of the individuals.

Rip it up. Start again. Fox for a start needs binning, as do the others. If this does happen it will actually give me a little more confidence that Hollis could have a more positive impact.

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2016, 12:10:40 PM »
Would like to think it means Garde will be given a transfer kitty and is allowed to bring in who he wants. I won't be holding my breath though.

It will probably end up with Hollis replacing them with a few of his own people, who won't necessarily be any good for the club, but he will be able to trust them.

Maybe Mervyn King is having an influence after all.
[/quot
Would like to think it means Garde will be given a transfer kitty and is allowed to bring in who he wants. I won't be holding my breath though.

It will probably end up with Hollis replacing them with a few of his own people, who won't necessarily be any good for the club, but he will be able to trust them.

Maybe Mervyn King is having an influence after all.

I can just imagine the abuse Mervyn King will get along the lines of Tom Fox the other night
Mervyn King is a banker, is a banker
Mervyn King is a banker, is a banker

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2016, 12:18:19 PM »
I was going to reply to Franz Biberkopf and his load of boolocks but thought I would leave this as a standalone post.

This is  a non story. Unless anything changed yesterday, all those quoted will be in post next season.

The Chairman is openly discussing senior personnel employment policy with AVST?

No. From the flavour of the conversation though, I didn't detect a desire to change anything on that side. They believe they have it right. Could be all change if Fox gets his cards though.

Online itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2016, 12:18:34 PM »
dan ashworth of sugar ape fame? He'd be right on one count: 'the idiots are winning'

Marketing director Jonatton Yeah?
from Rape Magazine?

Offline AV89

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2016, 12:19:47 PM »
Too many people promoted beyond their capabilities into jobs where you need a bit of nouse.  Wouldn't be sad to see the back of any of them.

Like him or not,  Hollis is crucial in the Summer.  If he can weedle out the problems at the club and remove them, and then get people in who have more of an idea, then perhaps we can start to sort out this mess.

Won't hold my breath though....

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2016, 12:22:53 PM »
Fox sees him and his team being there next season. The $64,000 question is whether Hollis does.

Online David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2016, 12:36:54 PM »
Fox sees him and his team being there next season. The $64,000 question is whether Hollis does.

His team have failed spectacularly you would think they has to be some accountability they can't hide behind the failings of the managers this season.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2016, 12:49:04 PM »

His team have failed spectacularly you would think they has to be some accountability they can't hide behind the failings of the managers this season.

I don't think it is even that. They think they now have elements right behind the scenes and this current shit is an unfortunate stop off point in fixing it.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2016, 12:49:30 PM »

Yep, he's going to think that and has to think that. But with the vitriol being very much directed at him Hollis will need to be seen to taking action and being decisive. There is going to be a fall guy for this and with Garde not being here all season he might escape the axe. Fox won't and others will go with him. That and it won't just be about ho Fox does his job. But it will also be about how he conducts himself and the general atmosphere of the club. The end of the season will provide the chairman, who will also be taking stock of things from King (he wasn't brought just because he's a fan let's be honest) to make some significant changes.

Offline exigo

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2016, 12:52:34 PM »
"The auditors have identified the playing staff as being one of the major issues"

Modern football, right there.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2016, 12:52:44 PM »
Tim Sherwood was still talking about being in a job 24 hours before getting the chop.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2016, 12:54:19 PM »
I'm free to give them 3 jokers a lift to whatever train station they want to piss off from.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal