collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby  (Read 360087 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Gabby
« Reply #2475 on: December 10, 2017, 09:48:33 AM »
He's played ok for us in a few games down at this level but he's been fit enough to play in 9 league games in 2017 so far, it would be insanity to offer him a new contract imo.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2476 on: December 10, 2017, 10:01:45 AM »
I don't feel any ill will towards the bloke but I think he's past it and has been for quite a while.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #2477 on: December 10, 2017, 03:01:06 PM »
Flabby was exciting and was dangerous but that was a long time ago. He has done nothing during the course of his current contract so why he should be considered for a new one, I don't know.

I was all for negotiating a pay-off when we were relegated. One goal against Blues does not justify not doing it. If we are serious about promotion, he should be nowhere near the squad.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2478 on: December 10, 2017, 08:42:41 PM »
If we had other options, I'd say get rid, but beggars can't be choosers and we're all out of forwards

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #2479 on: December 10, 2017, 08:58:30 PM »
I'd rather bring McCormack in from the cold to be honest. At least he's done something in the last 5 years

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #2480 on: December 10, 2017, 09:00:44 PM »
I'd rather bring McCormack in from the cold to be honest. At least he's done something in the last 5 years

I watched a bit of FatMac this morning, he scored another goal. The commentators were saying that although he'd scored seven goals, his overall contribution hadn't been very good. He doesn't look in shape at all.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #2481 on: December 10, 2017, 09:05:14 PM »

I watched a bit of FatMac this morning, he scored another goal. The commentators were saying that although he'd scored seven goals, his overall contribution hadn't been very good. He doesn't look in shape at all.

well that's up to the club to get him in shape isn't it. If he wants a way back (and i presume he does) then when he returns in january, its up to him to get that extra weight off. End of the day he was knocking in the goals a year back, and out of all the less than great options we have he seems the most likely to score the goals we need.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2482 on: December 12, 2017, 06:04:34 PM »
I cannot fathom why some still fawn over the wastrel. Winning goals against Small Heath are not enough to convey legendary status for me.

The stuff about him being played mostly as a winger is bollocks and I will happily share any number of stories about what an unmitigated ****** to have around he was in the relegation season.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2483 on: December 12, 2017, 06:15:09 PM »
I cannot fathom why some still fawn over the wastrel. Winning goals against Small Heath are not enough to convey legendary status for me.

The stuff about him being played mostly as a winger is bollocks and I will happily share any number of stories about what an unmitigated c*** to have around he was in the relegation season.

I think those moments bought him a lot of equity and he's been dining off that for years. Many still love him despite all of that especially when he did it again last season against Blues. I'm like you in that it's exhausted now and can only see him for the person he became. Those moments are very pleasant memories but he along with other senior players played a very important and damaging role in our demise. We need to move him and Richards on and be done with that chapter of our history.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2484 on: December 12, 2017, 06:18:14 PM »

The stuff about him being played mostly as a winger is bollocks and I will happily share any number of stories about what an unmitigated c*** to have around he was in the relegation season.

Fire away pal

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2485 on: December 12, 2017, 06:26:29 PM »
If we can make some use out of him between now and the end of the season then that's ok.  Even better if he plays well to help himself get a club next year.

But a new contract for us?  No fucking way.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #2486 on: December 12, 2017, 06:28:03 PM »
I think he has plenty to offer at this level when fit and motivated. He's just suffered quite badly of late with injuries.

Somebody yesterday to work the channels was what we needed instead of the utterly moronic firing it into Davis to recycle the ball time and time again.

If he was fit and motivated it would be a different story but most of us can't even remember that far back to when he was fit and motivated.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #2487 on: December 12, 2017, 06:54:24 PM »
Today I listened to the absolute insanity as large chunks of BBC time was given up to the story about "Peppa Pig piling pressure on NHS with 'unrealistic' image of GPs"

Giving Gabby a new contract at VP would eclipse Peppa when it comes to insanity.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #2488 on: December 12, 2017, 07:17:16 PM »
Today I listened to the absolute insanity as large chunks of BBC time was given up to the story about "Peppa Pig piling pressure on NHS with 'unrealistic' image of GPs"

Giving Gabby a new contract at VP would eclipse Peppa when it comes to insanity.

That Doctor Brown Bear is very good at turning up but like a medieval quack on the remedies.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2489 on: December 12, 2017, 07:17:42 PM »
Dr Brown Bear does work hard to be fair.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal