collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Clampy
[Today at 06:17:55 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Re: Official Website by Chris Harte
[Today at 06:22:03 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Clampy
[Today at 06:21:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby  (Read 360142 times)

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
Re: Gabby
« Reply #2340 on: September 09, 2017, 09:37:28 PM »
Sepetmeber the 9th and he's still laughably out of shape.

Again, I question the fitness consultants, physio's, coaches - what's going on at this club that allows professional athletes like him, and that clown Richards to basically be not fit for purpose?

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #2341 on: September 10, 2017, 12:16:29 AM »
It's hysterical that we are still playing this useless, part time, wanker. Years after he's ever given a shit.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #2342 on: September 10, 2017, 12:26:14 AM »
It's hysterical that we are still playing this useless, part time, wanker. Years after he's ever given a shit.

In medical teminology, it's indicative.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2343 on: September 10, 2017, 08:19:05 AM »
Gabby isn't comically out of shape, he's just comical.

Offline QuintonVilla

« Reply #2344 on: September 10, 2017, 09:21:47 AM »
Bringing him on yesterday to save us is hilarious. The money we've spent and amount of players we've signed and we're still having to bring him on. He should be nowhere near the squad. What's even funnier is how some give him a hero's welcome when he comes on. I'm all for supporting every player in the ground but a few goals against Blues is enough for some to think he's a messiah.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #2345 on: September 10, 2017, 09:32:20 AM »
I agree with everything QuintonVilla has said. If he played like he did for his 30 minutes(?) against Birmingham last season every game, it would be great. It isn't part of his armoury anymore though and has not been for many years. The amount of money we must have wasted on his talent (or lack of) must be eye-watering. In a few years when we look back at this period of decline, he and the fans are the two constants. We have had to suffer whilst he has absolutely stolen a living off the back of a goal or two against Birmingham City.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #2346 on: September 10, 2017, 09:47:20 AM »
He's not out of shape. He's not the shape he was when he first started playing for us at 19/20, but he's not out of shape.

We also need to stop pretending he's a major problem, when it comes to where we are as a club. He's not even been on the pitch for many of our most embarrassing performances, and not for 71 minutes of yesterday's, latest, debacle (where the latest, greatest, young kids took to the pitch).

I know it must make it easier for some to pretend a bit-part player like Gabby is holding us back, but the reality is much harsher.

We must have moved on/discarded many dozens of players (scapegoats) since we became really shit under Lerner, and yet here we still are.

We won't move on from it by pretending a player discarded here, and a tweek there, will fix the stinking pile of turd have become. Only one thing will fix that. Stop employing short-term 'quick fix' (if only) managers like Bruce.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

« Reply #2347 on: September 10, 2017, 10:07:57 AM »
I think there have been months when has been a major problem. He didn't like Garde and his unprofessionalism planted seeds of discontent throughout the squad. At the moment, for what it's worth, I agree he's doing what he is told. Train, come on the pitch and run around occasionally and try to score goals. His ability doesn't match up to that brief, but hey, I don't mind that.

That we've given him bumper contracts; let him have a free reign over when he can put the effort in and not; that he still continues to get the nod over other players and has hero worship from some sections of the fans is mystifying and I doubt it would happen at any other club.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #2348 on: September 10, 2017, 10:26:45 AM »
What great players is he "getting the nod over"?

Also, who played so well yesterday that Gabby shouldn't have come on to replace them, after 71 minutes of utter dross?

The way his name is brought into nearly every thread - sometimes when he is not even playing - over exaggerates his importance to what has been going on for years.

I will have a go at Bruce for plenty, but bringing on Gabby, with limited options and the youngsters doing nothing for 71 minutes, is not one of them.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

« Reply #2349 on: September 10, 2017, 11:52:10 AM »
I don't know, over the last year or so I have felt that the following should have been picked over Gabby at various stages:
- Hogan
- RHM
- McCormack
- Gestede
- Ayew
I have also thought that midfielders could have played over him at various points. My point is more that his years are so long ago he just should not be in contention anymore. I don't even think he should be at the club.

With regards to yesterday, I would not have brought him on. Not because of the players that were on the pitch were performing well, but because I preferred all of the other substitutes. Gabby is yesterday's man. One goal in a year or so should be better evidence of that than anything I write.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #2350 on: September 10, 2017, 11:56:23 AM »
He's not out of shape. He's not the shape he was when he first started playing for us at 19/20, but he's not out of shape.

We also need to stop pretending he's a major problem, when it comes to where we are as a club. He's not even been on the pitch for many of our most embarrassing performances, and not for 71 minutes of yesterday's, latest, debacle (where the latest, greatest, young kids took to the pitch).

I know it must make it easier for some to pretend a bit-part player like Gabby is holding us back, but the reality is much harsher.

We must have moved on/discarded many dozens of players (scapegoats) since we became really shit under Lerner, and yet here we still are.

We won't move on from it by pretending a player discarded here, and a tweek there, will fix the stinking pile of turd have become. Only one thing will fix that. Stop employing short-term 'quick fix' (if only) managers like Bruce.

Amen.

Online Taylor

« Reply #2351 on: September 10, 2017, 12:05:56 PM »
What great players is he "getting the nod over"?

Also, who played so well yesterday that Gabby shouldn't have come on to replace them, after 71 minutes of utter dross?

The way his name is brought into nearly every thread - sometimes when he is not even playing - over exaggerates his importance to what has been going on for years.

I will have a go at Bruce for plenty, but bringing on Gabby, with limited options and the youngsters doing nothing for 71 minutes, is not one of them.
I agree with this. Gabby was part of the team that took Hull apart when we looked like world beaters in the first half of the first game of season. F**k knows what's happened since that heady 45 mins. All I know is it's not all Gabby's fault.

I actually think our midfield is the problem. We need  Jedinak back and for Hourihane to find some form. I caught the final few minutes of the ROI game, and he looked shite in that too.

Offline Villa75

« Reply #2352 on: September 10, 2017, 01:14:29 PM »
I don't know, over the last year or so I have felt that the following should have been picked over Gabby at various stages:
- Hogan
- RHM
- McCormack
- Gestede
- Ayew
I have also thought that midfielders could have played over him at various points. My point is more that his years are so long ago he just should not be in contention anymore. I don't even think he should be at the club.

With regards to yesterday, I would not have brought him on. Not because of the players that were on the pitch were performing well, but because I preferred all of the other substitutes. Gabby is yesterday's man. One goal in a year or so should be better evidence of that than anything I write.

All of your list have been given chances instead of Gabby. Their 'performances' are the reason Gabby is still getting into the match day 18.

The point I am trying to make is that we need to realise where the real problem lies, not pretending it's down to individual players.

Get a decent manager who knows how to use players correctly, who goes out to attack when warranted, and who "does do tactics", then most of these players would benefit - maybe even Gabby.

Offline Le Lapin

• GM : 14.10.2022
« Reply #2353 on: September 11, 2017, 05:04:54 PM »
When are we going to be rid of this leech? Has been here five seasons too many. Lambert has a lot to answer for.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2354 on: September 11, 2017, 05:51:50 PM »
I thought to be honest Gabby was one of the few players to give a fuck when he came on. Not that in the give a fuck stakes he had much competition on Saturday. For me, he is what he is. He's not to blame this season but he's certainly not the answer.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal