collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Dave
[Today at 10:18:54 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 11:13:40 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:46:00 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:36:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Lambert (R)  (Read 211830 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Paul Lambert (R)
« Reply #1320 on: April 26, 2019, 09:43:14 PM »
i get why people don't like Lambert, he annoyed me too, but compared to O'Neill who wasted a fortune then actively sabotaged us, I find it hard to get too upset about him. He was also more respectful in his pre and post match interviews than professional moaner Spudfaceosaurus.
Lambert repeatedly took the fans for idiots with his bizarre post-match observations. It was almost as though he didn't realise other human beings had been at the game and a score was kept.

"I thought we were excellent, couldn't have asked for more" after lying down and letting Ipswich face fuck us for 90 minutes.

Offline mike

« Reply #1321 on: April 26, 2019, 10:00:03 PM »
i get why people don't like Lambert, he annoyed me too, but compared to O'Neill who wasted a fortune then actively sabotaged us, I find it hard to get too upset about him. He was also more respectful in his pre and post match interviews than professional moaner Spudfaceosaurus.
Lambert repeatedly took the fans for idiots with his bizarre post-match observations. It was almost as though he didn't realise other human beings had been at the game and a score was kept.

I agree, but he still didn’t waste millions then fuck off at the worst possible time to deliberately fuck us over. In terms of who’s damaged our club the most, there is no contest.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1322 on: April 26, 2019, 10:04:05 PM »

"I thought we were excellent, couldn't have asked for more" after lying down and letting Ipswich face fuck us for 90 minutes.

Despite the way he left us I far preferred the MON days when we were challenging for Europe and playing cup semi finals and buying up some of the best English talent available to the regular embarrassing defeats and relegation battles under Lambert and his 'young and hungry' bunch of misfits and journeymen. I am sure MON could very well be a bloke who is hard to get on with and left us at an inconvenient time that could have been motivated by spite but you could say the same for Ron Saunders. I would have a Saunders or an MON back in charge like a shot rather than a Lambert, who deserved to be shot.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1323 on: April 26, 2019, 10:12:42 PM »
It’s not either or... they are both weasels.

Offline mike

« Reply #1324 on: April 26, 2019, 10:37:02 PM »

Despite the way he left us I far preferred the MON days when we were challenging for Europe and playing cup semi finals and buying up some of the best English talent available to the regular embarrassing defeats and relegation battles under Lambert and his 'young and hungry' bunch of misfits and journeymen. I am sure MON could very well be a bloke who is hard to get on with and left us at an inconvenient time that could have been motivated by spite but you could say the same for Ron Saunders. I would have a Saunders or an MON back in charge like a shot rather than a Lambert, who deserved to be shot.

He signed some great players but also paid over the odds for average to downright poor player (I give you Marlon Harewood). A decent manager given his budget would have had us in the Champions League.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1325 on: April 26, 2019, 10:56:50 PM »
Why are we still discussing this fucking waster, he is long gone ?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1326 on: April 26, 2019, 11:05:24 PM »

I understand your gist here but feel duty bound to point out there's always the option of avoiding the thread which has his name in the title.

Offline andyh

« Reply #1327 on: April 26, 2019, 11:16:27 PM »

I understand your gist here but feel duty bound to point out there's always the option of avoiding the thread which has his name in the title.
[/quote

Yes I know that, but when it’s at the top of the list with new posts, you think maybe it’s something interesting, like the fucker has been sacked AGAIN, but no, it’s discussing his fucking transfer policy at the Villa from eons ago.

Meanwhile, Bolton are having their games suspended.

Offline andyh

« Reply #1328 on: April 26, 2019, 11:17:11 PM »

[/quote

Yes I know that, but when it’s at the top of the list with new posts, you think maybe it’s something interesting, like the fucker has been sacked AGAIN, but no, it’s discussing his fucking transfer policy at the Villa from eons ago.

Meanwhile, Bolton are having their games suspended.
Oh, and quote fail due to rum !

Online FatSam

« Reply #1329 on: April 27, 2019, 12:59:26 AM »
He signed some great players but also paid over the odds for average to downright poor player (I give you Marlon Harewood). A decent manager given his budget would have had us in the Champions League.

I completely agree. The MON years were an enormous missed opportunity. Lambert didn’t actively fuck us over like MON did, he was just largely incompetent.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1330 on: April 27, 2019, 01:50:15 PM »
he was a shambolic fuckwit who got lucky with Benteke and screwed up with every other signing. A car crash that kept on crashing.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #1331 on: April 27, 2019, 02:13:13 PM »
I'm obviously slow on the take up - sorry if it's already been mentioned but I've just realised the he's taken 3 different clubs down in 4 years. 3 years actually, because he was out of work for one of those years. Incredible

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1332 on: April 27, 2019, 02:47:49 PM »
Isn't it 'only' 2, Stoke last season and Ipswich this?

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #1333 on: April 27, 2019, 05:21:10 PM »

It probably is, though he has to take a lot of the 'credit' for our own relegation.   

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1334 on: April 27, 2019, 06:14:03 PM »

It probably is, though he has to take a lot of the 'credit' for our own relegation.

I am not sure about that as it was over twelve months later we went down. About the only good thing I could say about Lambert is that he didn't actually relegate us. Although I am sure he would have done eventually if we had stuck with him.

I think I said something semi positive about Paul Lambert there. Maybe I need a lie down. That is akin to an atheist saying there probably is a God.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal