collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Hopadop
[Today at 09:57:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Lambert (R)  (Read 211899 times)

Offline aj2k77

Re: Paul Lambert talks about Villa again
« Reply #330 on: November 08, 2016, 05:15:07 PM »
He should have been sacked after we got knocked out of the Fa Cup by Milwall. He is and always was shit for us.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #331 on: November 08, 2016, 05:34:13 PM »
To be honest there was a lot of times when he should have been sacked, none more so than the Bradford debicle though. Losing a 2 legged tie to a League 2 team, along with the tactics of the home leg, were fucking pathetic.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #332 on: November 08, 2016, 06:02:24 PM »
To be honest there was a lot of times when he should have been sacked, none more so than the Bradford debicle though. Losing a 2 legged tie to a League 2 team, along with the tactics of the home leg, were fucking pathetic.

A thousand times this.

He seemed to continually find a result every 8-9 games which kept his head above water after the Bradford/Millwall debacles. The fact we had the Lerner/Faulkner blind leading the blind double act above him just made the situation worse.

Online rougegorge

« Reply #333 on: November 08, 2016, 06:11:59 PM »

A thousand times this.

He seemed to continually find a result every 8-9 games which kept his head above water after the Bradford/Millwall debacles. The fact we had the Lerner/Faulkner blind leading the blind double act above him just made the situation worse.

I think he should've been given the elbow before that, after the 0-8, 0-4, 0-3 Christmas present v Chelsea, Spurs and Wigan

Offline hipkiss92

« Reply #334 on: November 08, 2016, 06:36:06 PM »

A thousand times this.

I think he should've been given the elbow before that, after the 0-8, 0-4, 0-3 Christmas present v Chelsea, Spurs and Wigan

And even those followed the smash and grab at Liverpool.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #335 on: November 08, 2016, 06:40:35 PM »

A thousand times this.

And even those followed the smash and grab at Liverpool.

That 3-1 was dined out on for about 3 months.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #336 on: November 08, 2016, 07:59:43 PM »
Any lingering hopes from Wolves fans of a promotion season must be in tatters now.

Boom boom!

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #337 on: November 08, 2016, 08:05:44 PM »
Lambert and Sherwood being able to smugly say ''I never got'em relegated, nothing to do with me'' is the biggest career-saver either could have dared dream for.
I know Sherwood has been out of management since we got rid but the amount of neutrals who say we should have stuck with him beggars belief and I think he'll be back managing before long.

To be fair to Sherwood, I have never heard him come out with anything other than respectful comments about us since.  Obviously he knows what a confidentiality clause means

Agreed. He at least has had the grace to accept it did not work out and move on.

Lambert has been preaching the same "it wasnt my fault" for two clubs now. He should just be silent and focus on his new club.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #338 on: November 08, 2016, 08:12:13 PM »
And to be honest I would've expected that too be the other way round.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #339 on: November 08, 2016, 08:43:18 PM »

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #340 on: November 08, 2016, 08:47:11 PM »
After seeing how long our managers have lasted since he left, he ought to be grateful at how much patience he was shown instead of squealing like a miserable arrogant arse.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #341 on: November 08, 2016, 09:15:02 PM »
True.  But he may have spent the money better.

The majority of signings were out of the managers hands in any case.  Besides, Benteke apart, he didn't spend any better in any case.

The sad fact is that it was not possible to replace the players we lost given the state of  the club and the wages we were offering at the time.

In a parallel world Villa are lining up with Coutinho playing just behind Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.  Players that lambert tried to sign whilst they were either struggling at Inter and playing for St Ettiene.

Offline ez

« Reply #342 on: November 08, 2016, 09:45:27 PM »
Gabby to Wolves? Lambert was stupid enough to give him that new contract after all.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #343 on: November 08, 2016, 09:49:09 PM »
Gabby to Wolves? Lambert was stupid enough to give him that new contract after all.

We have a fine tradition of offloading players past their best onto Wolves.

Offline Seb_AVFC

• Belgian Villains
  • GM : 31.07.2022
« Reply #344 on: November 08, 2016, 09:58:24 PM »
Did Lerner tell him to get the keeper to pass the ball to the fullbacks standing at the corner flags? One of he most bizarre tings I have ever seen on a football pitch.
True that. Utterly bizarre. Not even Barcelona would try that tactic!

We do this at our football team. It only works in a 3-5-2 formation, using ball playing centre backs. Other systems aren't suited to play the ball out that way.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal