collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Lambert (R)  (Read 213126 times)

Online kippaxvilla2

Re: Paul Lambert talks about Villa again
« Reply #315 on: November 08, 2016, 01:13:20 PM »
Instead we have WM fawning over him.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #316 on: November 08, 2016, 01:14:50 PM »
Lambert and Sherwood being able to smugly say ''I never got'em relegated, nothing to do with me'' is the biggest career-saver either could have dared dream for.
I know Sherwood has been out of management since we got rid but the amount of neutrals who say we should have stuck with him beggars belief and I think he'll be back managing before long.

To be fair to Sherwood, I have never heard him come out with anything other than respectful comments about us since.  Obviously he knows what a confidentiality clause means

Offline Singapore Villa

• GM : 09.06.2019
« Reply #317 on: November 08, 2016, 01:17:57 PM »
I wish he would just fuck off.

Sorry, I had to get that off my chest.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #318 on: November 08, 2016, 01:20:47 PM »
He was lying to us for three years, then, just to protect his boss? Every time he opens his mouth he makes me dislike him just that little bit more. He's a self-aggrandising liar, an incomprehensible buffoon and a fucking charlatan. I hope his contact lenses stick to his eyeballs.

Just seen this one. Spot on.

Yes, Jimbo, well said.
this gets my vote.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #319 on: November 08, 2016, 02:07:21 PM »
True.  But he may have spent the money better.

The majority of signings were out of the managers hands in any case. 

Which signings?

Online Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #320 on: November 08, 2016, 02:16:59 PM »
I keep hearing this shit about him saying he didn't do a bad job and kept us up bla bla.  Why does he continually overlook the obvious fact that if a half decent manager (say Bruce) had Benteke and Delph in their side along with the likes of Cleverley and Grealish they would have comfortably got us to mid table.  If you then take them out of your side and replace them with dross then yes, there is a chance we might get relegated.  You are a hero Paul, I doff my cap at your achievements.

A half decent manager wouldn't have had an abysmal record against lower division sides. The humiliation v Bradford takes the biscuit.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #321 on: November 08, 2016, 02:48:22 PM »
What an absolute bellend.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #322 on: November 08, 2016, 02:51:52 PM »
As Wolves are (potentially) promotion rivals of ours, whether this season or next, I'd be slightly concerned if they'd appointed a decent manager.

However I'm pretty pleased they've appointed Lambert, which says it all really.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #323 on: November 08, 2016, 03:42:12 PM »
he only made one major good signing for Villa and his name in Benteke.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #324 on: November 08, 2016, 04:07:14 PM »
Did Lerner tell him to get the keeper to pass the ball to the fullbacks standing at the corner flags? One of he most bizarre things I have ever seen on a football pitch.

Agreed. It was almost like he was deliberately taking piss out of the club. Christ I'm glad those days are over at Villa.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #325 on: November 08, 2016, 04:36:12 PM »
For a man who bought god knows how many truly dreadful left backs, he really should shut his mumbling, incoherent pie hole.

Online Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #326 on: November 08, 2016, 04:40:31 PM »
If I had been manager of a club of Villa's prestige and oversaw one of their worst ever periods - despite enough time and money to put in a decent showing, I'd be too embarrassed to mention them again.

Online Duncan Shaw

« Reply #327 on: November 08, 2016, 04:50:05 PM »
Lambert and Sherwood being able to smugly say ''I never got'em relegated, nothing to do with me'' is the biggest career-saver either could have dared dream for.
I know Sherwood has been out of management since we got rid but the amount of neutrals who say we should have stuck with him beggars belief and I think he'll be back managing before long.

To be fair to Sherwood, I have never heard him come out with anything other than respectful comments about us since.  Obviously he knows what a confidentiality clause means
Yes true, I wonder if there was a time limit on Lamberts clause, or maybe number pf jobs afterwards or something, because this to me is a very bizarre rant.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #328 on: November 08, 2016, 05:00:28 PM »
I think he should probably just leave it alone and say its in the past when asked about it. Despite being in charge during a bad period in our history, most fans understand it was difficult and not of his making. Giving it the old sloping shoulder now does him no credit though, he did contribute to our downfall. Many managers have done much better with much smaller clubs on smaller budgets.

As others have said, he had a couple of opportunities to walk away and say he had taken us as far as he could but for some reason decided to stay (£)

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #329 on: November 08, 2016, 05:10:28 PM »
As Wolves are (potentially) promotion rivals of ours, whether this season or next, I'd be slightly concerned if they'd appointed a decent manager.

However I'm pretty pleased they've appointed Lambert, which says it all really.

Very much this.

When we look back at the tragedy of Aston Villa 2010-2016, then Lambert is a major player. I have no ill feeling towards him but too many involved in the club during this time are passing the buck.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal