collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Lambert (R)  (Read 211814 times)

Offline aj2k77

Re: Paul Lambert talks about Villa again
« Reply #300 on: November 08, 2016, 10:18:20 AM »
He admits to talking drivel, he treated the fans like morons with the guff he'd come out with. He took the Lerner dollar and a new contract in exchange for being his fall guy, he can shove his complaints up his arse, shit manager, hope we pound them at the Wolves.

Offline Old Kodjia

« Reply #301 on: November 08, 2016, 10:53:03 AM »
True.  But he may have spent the money better.

The majority of signings were out of the managers hands in any case.  Besides, Benteke apart, he didn't spend any better in any case.

The sad fact is that it was not possible to replace the players we lost given the state of  the club and the wages we were offering at the time.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #302 on: November 08, 2016, 10:56:58 AM »
If he was so disenchanted why sign that new contract?

Exactly , I wonder why he did  £££££££££££?

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #303 on: November 08, 2016, 11:11:08 AM »
Wolves boss Paul Lambert blasts former Villa owner Randy Lerner

New Wolves boss Paul Lambert has taken a swipe at former Villa owner Randy Lerner and vowed: “I’ll never protect anybody like that again.”

Lambert spent a frustrating two-and-a-half seasons at Villa Park working on a heavily restricted budget before being axed in February 2015.

After his replacement, Tim Sherwood, kept the club in the top flight, Lerner then sanctioned a disastrous £50million spending spree which played a large part in Villa’s Premier League exit last season.

And speaking during his unveiling at Molineux yesterday, Lambert aimed a thinly veiled dig at his former employer.

“I certainly wouldn’t do that again,” he said. “I certainly wouldn’t protect people the way I did protect them. Then the club spent money after I left and ended up getting relegated.

“It just shows you I didn’t do too bad a job there when you look at it.”

When asked to expand on his comments, Lambert replied: “Everybody knows the situation. I would not have gone into a press conference every Thursday or Friday and spoken the same drivel I did for a couple of years. I certainly won’t put it all on my own shoulders again.”

Read more at http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2016/11/08/wolves-boss-paul-lambert-blasts-former-villa-owner-randy-lerner/?#5FabbEY6tG1GFHV1.99

He was paid to do a job.  That job was to keep Villa up on a shoestring, whilst the owner looked for a buyer.  How was he protecting Lerner?

With regards the money spent, he fails to mention that £40 million came from the Benteke and Delph sales.  What manager would prefer the money instead of those two (irreplaceable) players when facing a relegation battle?

I have no problems with Lambert.  He came here and did a job under very difficult circumstances.  However, he would have taken us down if he hadn't have been sacked in 2015.  It's no point trying to re-write history now.  The heart of that Villa side was ripped out during that pre-season with the 4 key players all leaving.  Lambert would have fared no better than Sherwood or Garde.

Agree. He did what was required under a shit owner but he had to go I think he had had enough and had nothing more to offer.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #304 on: November 08, 2016, 12:06:17 PM »
Lambert and Sherwood being able to smugly say ''I never got'em relegated, nothing to do with me'' is the biggest career-saver either could have dared dream for.
I know Sherwood has been out of management since we got rid but the amount of neutrals who say we should have stuck with him beggars belief and I think he'll be back managing before long.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #305 on: November 08, 2016, 12:16:11 PM »
He wasn't the manager when we got relegated but good grief there were some incredibly bleak times under him. I dislike him far more than Sherwood or Garde and expect him to do a similarly woeful job for Wolves.

Offline Meanwood Villa

« Reply #306 on: November 08, 2016, 12:18:31 PM »
He was lying to us for three years, then, just to protect his boss? Every time he opens his mouth he makes me dislike him just that little bit more. He's a self-aggrandising liar, an incomprehensible buffoon and a fucking charlatan. I hope his contact lenses stick to his eyeballs.

Just seen this one. Spot on.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #307 on: November 08, 2016, 12:33:36 PM »
He was lying to us for three years, then, just to protect his boss? Every time he opens his mouth he makes me dislike him just that little bit more. He's a self-aggrandising liar, an incomprehensible buffoon and a fucking charlatan. I hope his contact lenses stick to his eyeballs.

Just seen this one. Spot on.

Yes, Jimbo, well said.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #308 on: November 08, 2016, 12:38:06 PM »
Has he asked Wolves to sack him yet?

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #309 on: November 08, 2016, 12:44:17 PM »
Did Lerner tell him to get the keeper to pass the ball to the fullbacks standing at the corner flags? One of he most bizarre things I have ever seen on a football pitch.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:16:16 PM by Walmley_Villa »

Offline The Edge

« Reply #310 on: November 08, 2016, 12:55:13 PM »
Did Lerner tell him to get the keeper to pass the ball to the fullbacks standing at the corner flags? One of he most bizarre tings I have ever seen on a football pitch.
True that. Utterly bizarre. Not even Barcelona would try that tactic!

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #311 on: November 08, 2016, 12:58:14 PM »
I keep hearing this shit about him saying he didn't do a bad job and kept us up bla bla.  Why does he continually overlook the obvious fact that if a half decent manager (say Bruce) had Benteke and Delph in their side along with the likes of Cleverley and Grealish they would have comfortably got us to mid table.  If you then take them out of your side and replace them with dross then yes, there is a chance we might get relegated.  You are a hero Paul, I doff my cap at your achievements.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #312 on: November 08, 2016, 01:06:24 PM »
I think, not for the first time, Randy's good-nature/sutpidity meant he put more faith in Lambert than he should have done. Wasn't there a gushing tribute when he offered Lambert a new 3 year contract a few months before we finally sacked the hoodwinker?

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #313 on: November 08, 2016, 01:07:38 PM »
Another one to file under 'Prick'

Online Clampy

« Reply #314 on: November 08, 2016, 01:08:15 PM »
If he was so disenchanted why sign that new contract?

You'd think that's a question any decent journalist would put to him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal