collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by IFWaters
[Today at 06:20:45 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by Clive W
[Today at 07:54:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Harte
[Today at 07:52:57 AM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by algy
[Today at 07:52:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Re: Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Re: Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Villan For Life
[Today at 06:38:03 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Allan C
[Today at 06:23:47 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Paul Lambert (R)  (Read 211968 times)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
Re: Paul Lambert talks about Villa again
« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2016, 09:30:18 PM »
If you're a yesman and you get paid well to be a yesman, and paid-off well to be a yesman, muttering about players you wanted, and how you wanted to resign all the time after you've left seems a bit erm....

mebbe the time to mention this was when you were saying what a great guy Lerner was??

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2016, 09:33:30 PM »
He came for the money he stayed for the money and he went with the money. Nothing more to say.

Offline SheffieldVillain

• GM : 18.02.2022
« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2016, 10:00:17 PM »
And also, the bit about not having money to spend annoyed me - 'the only one we were able to do was Benteke for about 7 million'.

The £25 million you spent in 2012/13, the £17 million you spent in 2013/14 was well invested then was it Paul? The £10m on Luna and Kozak couldn't have gone towards 'doing another one'? The £5m on Sanchez really reaped dividends?

22 players signed and at the most Vlaar, Okore and Benteke have been anything like value for money.

But no Paul, nothing to do with you. You could see it all coming. Explains why you're doing so well at Blackburn.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 10:02:06 PM by SheffieldVillain »

Offline Trinitymiddle

« Reply #168 on: March 23, 2016, 10:02:13 PM »
It's probably just a case of he gets asked about us when doing an interview so he replies. If McLeish or Pubehead were managing in the league over here they'd probably be asked about our situation as well.
Doesn't need to answer the question though. Could politely decline. It's obvious he's desperately trying to blame everyone else and salvage his reputation. It's all part of the media game. No doubt, some PR guy, employed by his agent, has advised him on the answers to give.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2016, 10:07:02 PM »
It's probably just a case of he gets asked about us when doing an interview so he replies. If McLeish or Pubehead were managing in the league over here they'd probably be asked about our situation as well.
Doesn't need to answer the question though. Could politely decline. It's obvious he's desperately trying to blame everyone else and salvage his reputation. It's all part of the media game. No doubt, some PR guy, employed by his agent, has advised him on the answers to give.

He'd look even more of a plum if he said "no comment". How many players or managers don't answer a question when asked about an old club?

Of course there's an element he's covering his own arse, same as most of us have in our careers as well.

Offline Trinitymiddle

« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2016, 10:16:04 PM »

He'd look even more of a plum if he said "no comment". How many players or managers don't answer a question when asked about an old club?

Of course there's an element he's covering his own arse, same as most of us have in our careers as well.
Not really. He looks like a twat when he keeps going on about us, which is the the reason for this ahead. And besides, these days people are all told the questions they will be asked before they go on these programmes. Any they don't like, don't get asked. He obviously wants to answer them to cover his backside, as we both know.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2016, 10:25:33 PM »
And as I said, most of us have covered our arses in our careers. I'd prefer he'd shut up but also don't blame him for answering questions he's asked or thinking of himself more than his ex employers.

Offline Trinitymiddle

« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2016, 10:34:32 PM »
Of course, but it's starting to look like "he doth protest too much". Anyone who has the vaguest idea about football knows that Lambert is more to blame than most for our situation. He'd do better to slide away quietly with his ridiculous pay-off, and do a decent job at Blackburn, rather than keep drawing attention to his severe failings at Villa.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #173 on: March 24, 2016, 02:48:31 AM »
Easy enough for him to answer with a quick "You know Aston Villa is a great club and it was a privilege to manage there. Remi Garde is manager now and I wish him all the very best." Thats a polite version of "no comment".

If pressed about his time here then just restating it differently with a "I dont think its appropriate for me to talk about Remi's team, I wouldnt like ex Rovers managers talking about mine." would be equally fine and a solid answer.

He doesnt need to spout off with his ass covering and bullshit observations.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #174 on: March 24, 2016, 04:18:16 AM »
What he should comment on is the reason why he thought it would acceptable to reward Agbonlahor with a new four year contract .Clearly the most ridiculous decision of his tenure at the club.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2016, 04:21:07 AM »
You saw it coming because you helped create it. Blackburn is your level. You will do well there but please admit that Villa was just too big a step for you.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2016, 07:34:18 AM »
What i will NEVER understand about PL was that he put together an excellent attractive attacking side at Norwich, came to Villa and wouldn't cross the half-way line.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2016, 07:45:08 AM »
What i will NEVER understand about PL was that he put together an excellent attractive attacking side at Norwich, came to Villa and wouldn't cross the half-way line.

End of the first season/begining of the second, he had us playing some insane kamikaze attacking football, it was brilliant to watch...
Unfortunately it was to brief and he ended up shitting himself and reverting to the wouldn't cross the half way line football you speak of.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #178 on: March 24, 2016, 08:11:16 AM »
Of all the knuckleheads that have managed Villa (and there have been a few) I despise Thick Paul Lambert the most. Shut your unintelligible yap, Paul, you're making yourself look an even bigger twat than you did when you were here stinking out B6, with your backwards goal kicks and your "I just do" wisdom.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2016, 09:07:47 AM »
He was lucky enough to inherit Grant Holt who hit a rich vein of form for three seasons.  He was far too good for League 1 and the Championship, and they bulldozed through those leagues thanks to Holt.  All the talk at the time was how Lambert was some great tactician.  Absolute bollocks, the mumbling turd was about as tactically astute as Tim Sherwood, ie not very.  He bought one good player in Benteke, and just about all the rest were varying degrees of crap.  And anybody who signs Tonev thinking he was the sanswer to anything other than "name the crappest football since that bloke who pretended to be George Weah's cousin" can shut their yap, and get tae fuck.  Mumbling, incoherent fool.  I'm with Jimbo, can't stand the bloke.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal