collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa Criticism Post-Liverpool: Over The Top & Factually Inaccurate  (Read 17232 times)

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
Re: Aston Villa Criticism Post-Liverpool: Over The Top & Factually Inaccurate
« Reply #75 on: February 17, 2016, 12:45:27 PM »
Our players deserve a sunny warm weather break

Spoiler for Hiden:
Head first straight into the sun.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #76 on: February 17, 2016, 12:50:33 PM »
Back to the OP, it's just Carragher being sensationalist. He said a season or two ago on Sky something like 'Villa have massive potential, they should be top 8 as a minimum'.

Lying down against upper mid-table Liverpool is inexcusable though, they really aren't all that, even Newcastle beat them 2-0 not so long ago.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2016, 01:07:21 PM »
If I didn't perform well at work I'm sure my boss wouldn't send me of to the sun for a couple of weeks. I would be down the road muttering.
Ok you tell me how they're going to build a team spirit. The fuckers don't even speak to each other after a game.

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #78 on: February 17, 2016, 01:13:04 PM »
Back to the OP, it's just Carragher being sensationalist. He said a season or two ago on Sky something like 'Villa have massive potential, they should be top 8 as a minimum'.

IIRC it was him and Stevie G that said Villa woud be a really strong team in a few years time, once the younger players matured, yes that was Clark, Baker, Lowton, Bennett, Bannan, Albrighton etc.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #79 on: February 17, 2016, 01:18:04 PM »
Is it safe to assume that there will be no end of season awards again?
Yes, an award for being the Shittest. (is that a word? if not then i just invented it).

Online OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2016, 01:20:26 PM »
Yes, an award for being the Shittest. (is that a word? if not then i just invented it).

Christ that really is a toughie.

Offline martin o`who??

« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2016, 01:20:30 PM »
And getting back to the core subject of this thread, it is my honest opinion that no Criticism of this whole sorry saga can be "Over the top".

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2016, 01:21:41 PM »
It is a word. I looked it up under Birmingham City.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2016, 01:26:22 PM »
In all honesty, does it really matter - who cares what the media has to say, agreeable or not? Water off a ducks back.

The fact is we are a club drowning under an ocean of garbage, and its getting worse month to month. Attention and energy ought be focused on what the fans want to do about that, as opposed getting distracted by pundits who will say anything to try justify their profession. 

Offline martin o`who??

« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2016, 01:31:55 PM »
It is a word. I looked it up under Birmingham City.
Heh! - Heh! you naughty boy!!..

Offline SavosLeftFoot

« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2016, 02:11:37 PM »
Someone was bound to write an article like this as it goes against the prevailing opinion about Villa at the moment. To a certain extent it has worked for the author who has been shared around various media formats and forums. At the end of the day football is about nuanced opinions and retrospective foresight (.."I would have never done that.."). Therefore it is not a "fact" we were on a hiding to nothing as soon as the three players mentioned were named in the lineup.

I think, as so many seem to, that it is more the lack of any effort from players that is oh so galling. Giving time/space, not closing the ball down and having no real leaders on the pitch organising/influencing each other or the game. Next season will require more than anything acquiring some tough tackling no nonsense leaders.   

Offline cdward

« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2016, 02:52:35 PM »
I was watching Champions League highlights on TV3 (irish channel) here last night, with Neil Lennon and Kevin Kilbane as guests/analysts.

They talked about Chelsea and Eden Hazards apathy and lack of effort. The point was made that during the poor run that Chelsea had at the start of the season, the players would probably be have been talking amongst themselves saying that if things didn't improve they would probably be looking around for a new team, much the same way that any team of individuals would talk.

The point they were making was that it would not be a surprise if Eden Hazard, Costa et al were looking for a move away from Chelsea, as at the start of the season the whole team were probably looking for a way out.

It struck me that this is the situation at Villa. It wouldn't be a surprise if a lot of the players were talking about leaving, it would certainly explain the recent behaviours of Richards, Lescott, Guzan, N'Zog etc', and the comments from Okore, if they were all standing around the water cooler discussing how they could get away from a club that will be relegated.

I suppose it would be just like working in a company that were performing below targets, and being run by idiots, you would want out as well.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2016, 02:56:26 PM »
I was watching Champions League highlights on TV3 (irish channel) here last night, with Neil Lennon and Kevin Kilbane as guests/analysts.

They talked about Chelsea and Eden Hazards apathy and lack of effort. The point was made that during the poor run that Chelsea had at the start of the season, the players would probably be have been talking amongst themselves saying that if things didn't improve they would probably be looking around for a new team, much the same way that any team of individuals would talk.

The point they were making was that it would not be a surprise if Eden Hazard, Costa et al were looking for a move away from Chelsea, as at the start of the season the whole team were probably looking for a way out.

It struck me that this is the situation at Villa. It wouldn't be a surprise if a lot of the players were talking about leaving, it would certainly explain the recent behaviours of Richards, Lescott, Guzan, N'Zog etc', and the comments from Okore, if they were all standing around the water cooler discussing how they could get away from a club that will be relegated.

I suppose it would be just like working in a company that were performing below targets, and being run by idiots, you would want out as well.

they wont be getting away while they are on hefty contracts, look at Nzog he will go this time only because we will stop paying him

no one will want a bunch of useless relegated has beens, and even less likely will pay decent wages for them in which case they will do exactly what Nzog has done

unfortunately we are stuck with most of them

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2016, 05:56:11 PM »
None of them will ever play for a club as big as Aston Villa if they played until the rapture.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2016, 06:07:35 PM »
None of them will ever play for a club as big as Aston Villa if they played until the rapture.

And then they'd be left back....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal