collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[Today at 11:28:45 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Next Season: Anyone positive  (Read 22291 times)

Online aj2k77

Re: Next Season: Anyone positive
« Reply #60 on: January 25, 2016, 11:31:04 AM »
It'd be pretty embarrassing if they don't have the whole ground open. I've always thought we have a pretty loyal support and wouldn't desert in droves if we went down. Would be disappointing if the club assumed we were going to be unable to get close to filling the ground on a regular basis.

If they really do think we'll struggle to sell out then it might be a good time to increase number of tickets given over to local schools and plan for the future.

I think people will be happy to see us win a few games for once at home. I wouldn't understand if the crowds dropped too much, I've never been to see the opposition I couldn'tgive two shits how good their players are or what football they play, I've always been to watch the Villa. So with a lot more victories and the team bouncing back I see no reason why the attendances should drop below 30k, unless there is a price rise.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #61 on: January 25, 2016, 11:40:17 AM »
I reckon we'll lose up to 10,000 off our average gates next season. We're sure to be the most played team on TV, that will have a big impact, meaning games switched all over the place. Depends what Lerner wants to charge for the tickets, I suppose.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #62 on: January 25, 2016, 11:52:24 AM »
Call it ridiculous logic but I think attendances may actually improve next season. Think about it, we would be the biggest scalp and its one of the best grounds for away fans transport wise so wouldnt see too much changing there. From a home point of view, I dont think we get too many day trippers, most fans are quite commited. From a personal point of view, I will often forego the match and the £30 odd ticket as ive had the stuffing knocked out of me over the last 5 years. Instead ill go down my local and watch it on dodgy tv with my mates. If we were winning more games than not, were scoring goals again and there wasnt the option to stream the match I would be attending more than I currently am

Offline glasses

« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2016, 12:03:26 PM »
I see the logic in that.

Attendances may be down a bit for the first month or so, but if we start winning matches and get going the fans will go more often than not. I like to go to VP and see us win. 9 times out of 10 I couldn't give a monkeys who it's against.

Plus my little boy will be 4 so hope to take him to his first match, one we have a chance of winning!

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2016, 12:06:06 PM »
I also think attendences will pick up if we are doing ok and wining games, there will be a few derbies as well which always helps

Online ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2016, 12:17:57 PM »
Yes and no.

I still think we might stay up, and if we do I think we do better next season when Remi gets some of his own players in and we start to loose some dross.

If we go down and do not go on a crazy austerity drive, then I think this squad will go straight back up.

If however we start cutting down to Championship budgets and getting rid of players left right and centre then I would be extremely negative about our prospects.

Sadly it is the latter scenario that feels more likely given the noises coming from Randy and his stooges.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2016, 12:20:34 PM »
It'd be pretty embarrassing if they don't have the whole ground open. I've always thought we have a pretty loyal support and wouldn't desert in droves if we went down. Would be disappointing if the club assumed we were going to be unable to get close to filling the ground on a regular basis.

If they really do think we'll struggle to sell out then it might be a good time to increase number of tickets given over to local schools and plan for the future.
To be fair, we're not even close to regularly filling the ground as it is, and we haven't for a good number of years, so I'm not sure it'd be that wild an assumption for the club to make.

We still have enough tickets sold to justify the opening of all the stands. We'd be bound to get at least two or three sell-outs even if we do badly, anyway.

Offline Bottom Right 89

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2016, 01:41:10 PM »
I'm confident we'll bounce straight back up. Always remember Graham Taylor saying if you can arrest the decline at a club like Villa you come back far quicker than the smaller teams. I think we are starting to see some recovery with the manager now albeit too late to save us but if we can grab the 2016 equivalent of Warren Aspinall or David Platt in the Summer we'll be fine.

Plenty of old school away days and derbies I'm quite looking forward to it. I just hope Walsall or Coventry can grab second in League 1 - otherwise can you imagine how many we'll get for Gillingham at home?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2016, 01:43:43 PM »
I think you'll see bigger swings with the crowds. Some low 20s, but then games against the Noses and the Wolves in the low 40s/high 30s. Plus when we're on course for the title and people are seeing us play good football and win games, then why would you stay away?

You've suffered enough garbage over the past five years, you might as well fill your boots even if its in the 2nd Division.

Away games will be better; bigger allocations and the opposition fans, in the main, being there because its Villa in town, rather than drawing their curtains as they do now, would be nice.

Some decent followings to be had at Preston [never been there], Wednesday, Fulham, Blackburn, Wigan or Coventry if they come up, Forrest etc.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 01:46:36 PM by Ads »

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2016, 01:51:07 PM »
I think you'll see bigger swings with the crowds. Some low 20s, but then games against the Noses and the Wolves in the low 40s/high 30s. Plus when we're on course for the title and people are seeing us play good football and win games, then why would you stay away?

You've suffered enough garbage over the past five years, you might as well fill your boots even if its in the 2nd Division.

Away games will be better; bigger allocations and the opposition fans, in the main, being there because its Villa in town, rather than drawing their curtains as they do now, would be nice.

Some decent followings to be had at Preston [never been there], Wednesday, Fulham, Blackburn, Wigan or Coventry if they come up, Forrest etc.

The away games do sound great but bearing in mind we would be on the tellybox a lot, there won't be a lot of Saturday games.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2016, 01:52:22 PM »
I reckon we'll lose up to 10,000 off our average gates next season. We're sure to be the most played team on TV, that will have a big impact, meaning games switched all over the place. Depends what Lerner wants to charge for the tickets, I suppose.
Sorry, but why would a true Villa fan stop going just because we're in a different division?
Anyone whose put up with the home performances we've had to suffer for the last five years or so and is still going won't be put off by mere relegation. With a few exceptions I'd expect the number of away fans at Villa Park to be pretty much the same as we see now too, it'll be the must-go-to away trip for a lot fans in that division.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2016, 01:54:22 PM »
Sorry, but why would a true Villa fan stop going just because we're in a different division?
Anyone whose put up with the home performances we've had to suffer for the last five years or so and is still going won't be put off by mere relegation. With a few exceptions I'd expect the number of away fans at Villa Park to be pretty much the same as we see now too, it'll be the must-go-to away trip for a lot fans in that division.

The 10,000 we'll lose will be the local gloryhunters, the big game part-timers, the Premier League tourists and day trippers.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2016, 01:54:38 PM »

The away games do sound great but bearing in mind we would be on the tellybox a lot, there won't be a lot of Saturday games.

We'd share the load between Sunderland, Leeds and maybe Newcastle for that early Saturday kick off. Sky Sports 1 seems to be the LUFC TV channel every other Saturday morning.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2016, 01:58:02 PM »

We'll find out soon enough. I'm standing by my prediction though

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2016, 02:06:20 PM »
I think the current squad with one or two editions and with some of the crap cut out (alright maybe a fair bit of the crap cut out) and the right attitude should be in a strong position to come back up.  Problem is we have no idea what the squad will look like next season, and on the basis of this season their performance levels need to step big time.

As long as we're planning for the Championship now, and can hold on to the likes of Gerstade, Sinclair, Gil, and bring in some second tier experience then I think we can bource straight back.  But I wouldn't like to put my view out there right now.  We need to have a strong finish to this season first and try and take that into the Championship.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal