collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fan reaction to impending Relegation.  (Read 32995 times)

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Fan reaction to impending Relegation.
« Reply #195 on: January 11, 2016, 02:58:27 PM »
Amavi, Veretout, Traore, Ayew can stay. The rest of them can all f*ck right off.
I doubt any of these will be here next season. 

I reckon they all will,
most were not cheap so we won't be fire selling them
also as good as we think they are, they don't have to be brilliant to look better than average in our team, I doubt they have made much of a stir with many prem managers, maybe with the exception of Ayew
But what did he cost 9mill, can't see a big que for a not very often scoring forward who's playing in the lowest scoring side in the league

we all think Veretout has a touch of class at times, but he's hardly creating a fuss like Vardy or Mahrez I don't think premiership clubs will be banging the doors down for anyone we have got to be honest, which is obviously good and bad news

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #196 on: January 11, 2016, 02:59:20 PM »
Amavi, Veretout, Traore, Ayew can stay. The rest of them can all f*ck right off.
I doubt any of these will be here next season. 

Are they just going to rip up their contracts?

I can understand they might want to move on but we are not obliged to sell.
We won't force them to stay.

I doubt that they will ask for transfers given the financial implications so unless we accept offers they cannot speak to other clubs. We are not talking about players with the reputation of Delph and Benteke but rather ones with a single season in this league for a team that have broken records for crapness.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #197 on: January 11, 2016, 03:10:41 PM »
Traore has only been a bit player.  A very promising bit player but that's all.  Will clubs be really knocking down the door for his services?  Ditto Amavi who looked good for a couple of games but then got injured for the rest of the season.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #198 on: January 11, 2016, 05:10:58 PM »
Veretout / Gueye / Amavi where all highly rated before they came to us , I would think clubs will still be interested in them.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #199 on: January 11, 2016, 06:20:06 PM »
I am a bit uncomfortable with some of the fan condemnation we are saying. Whilst the behaviour of the bloke with the coach was far from ideal, at what point do you have to write some of it off as someone who has just flipped, the camels back broken as it were?

On real life, I am a hard working, decent family man. I wouldn't entertain using foul language in front of the nippers . I stay away from drinking at work piss ups to ensure others stay in check and don't do anything they regret.

The passion and anger that can spew forth at a match is different though. If you read my stuff in the fanzine you would think I hate everyone and everything. If Sherwood had walked into The Bartons after the Stoke game for a quiet meal with his wife I would most definitely have marched over and given him a round of fucks such was my mood. It happens.

It might not be constructive but would have made me feel better. It is why I can understand the wish to protest. But thar is also where the ruthless logical and pragmatic me of the real world, without the rarified atmosphere of a match, thinks what is the point if you don't have a desired purpose.

This adds nothing to the debate I know, but maybe some other people feel similar so it might help to put their view.

Online Exeter 77

« Reply #200 on: January 11, 2016, 07:55:15 PM »
With reference to the OP I'm beginning to see relegation as I would an illness or a dental problem. We know what's wrong so the sooner we can start treating it the sooner it will clear up.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #201 on: January 11, 2016, 08:23:10 PM »
I am a bit uncomfortable with some of the fan condemnation we are saying. Whilst the behaviour of the bloke with the coach was far from ideal, at what point do you have to write some of it off as someone who has just flipped, the camels back broken as it were?

On real life, I am a hard working, decent family man. I wouldn't entertain using foul language in front of the nippers . I stay away from drinking at work piss ups to ensure others stay in check and don't do anything they regret.

The passion and anger that can spew forth at a match is different though. If you read my stuff in the fanzine you would think I hate everyone and everything. If Sherwood had walked into The Bartons after the Stoke game for a quiet meal with his wife I would most definitely have marched over and given him a round of fucks such was my mood. It happens.

It might not be constructive but would have made me feel better. It is why I can understand the wish to protest. But thar is also where the ruthless logical and pragmatic me of the real world, without the rarified atmosphere of a match, thinks what is the point if you don't have a desired purpose.

This adds nothing to the debate I know, but maybe some other people feel similar so it might help to put their view.

I would agree. I've said before, give us a squad of players who give their all and they will be supported by all of us.

But give us players telling us to fuck off when they can't even pretend to act professionally, give us players smiling and grinning at supporters, give us players giving the "I earn loads of money" sign , give us players who aren't even close to putting minimum effort in.....

Players who care not a jot whether we go down in humiliating fashion or not. They will never care as we do, obviously, look at so called Villans like Gabby and Lescott.

But show some personal pride for fucks sake.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #202 on: January 11, 2016, 09:47:53 PM »

Can't help but agree with a lot of that CL - The Villa have been a constant in my life for 5 decades and I have literally shed blood following them, sometimes my own fault I will admit ;-)  The anger and emotion spilling out now is the mirror-image of the "match day experience" blx we have been fed for years where we just make up a paying part of the entertainment. When it starts getting ugly because it really matters some people naturally recoil.

I am a professional carer and therapist so bizarrely I objectively understand why I act in certain ways when it comes to The Villa but I buzz with the passion and emotion of it all and would not have it any other way for good or ill.

What I don't want is for this to turn Villan against Villan and I will walk away from any situation that seems likely to end in that. The Villa has been too much of a family to me to turn on my own.

When I meet Tom Fox in a couple of weeks time I shall be polite and respectful to him and all others whether I agree with them or not. I may join a protest at one of the next two games if they appear to be organised and purposeful.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2016, 11:08:37 PM »
If any of our so called better players want to go, sell them for as much as we can get. Next season's team will all want to be here, pulling together. It's clear that this bunch of arseholes don't, hence the results.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #204 on: January 11, 2016, 11:13:44 PM »
Next season's team will all want to be here, pulling together

You reckon?!

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #205 on: January 11, 2016, 11:15:31 PM »
Next season's team will all want to be here, pulling together

You reckon?!

Typo! I meant 'will have to want to be here'!

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #206 on: January 12, 2016, 07:49:24 AM »
I would just like to enjoy watching my team play again. I have unplugged from football for months as we have got worse and worse.

It was only today I happened to go through the guardians football section following the garde story. Instead of bailing after I skimmed a few of the other results and stories then popped into the comments section. Christ fans of other teams are enjoying football, like looking forward to it. With a reasonable expectation they could have fun in the future and enthusiasm for some of their current players or manager.

I miss that. I would like it back.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #207 on: January 12, 2016, 07:55:07 AM »
If any of our so called better players want to go, sell them for as much as we can get. Next season's team will all want to be here, pulling together. It's clear that this bunch of arseholes don't, hence the results.

For far too many of the, I'm afraid that pulling each other is probably more apt as far too many have proven themselves to be spineless w¤¤kers.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #208 on: January 12, 2016, 08:27:16 AM »
... give us players telling us to fuck off when they can't even pretend to act professionally, give us players smiling and grinning at supporters, give us players giving the "I earn loads of money" sign , give us players who aren't even close to putting minimum effort in.....

...look at so called Villans like Gabby and Lescott.
If any fan feels like packing it all in then the above is their perfect excuse. Why would anyone hand over their well earned cash to see the above?

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #209 on: January 12, 2016, 08:31:08 AM »
I would just like to enjoy watching my team play again. I have unplugged from football for months as we have got worse and worse.

It was only today I happened to go through the guardians football section following the garde story. Instead of bailing after I skimmed a few of the other results and stories then popped into the comments section. Christ fans of other teams are enjoying football, like looking forward to it. With a reasonable expectation they could have fun in the future and enthusiasm for some of their current players or manager.

I miss that. I would like it back.

Spot on.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal