collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by SoccerHQ
[Today at 12:00:16 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Somniloquism
[April 27, 2024, 11:58:13 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Rudy Can't Fail
[April 27, 2024, 11:55:44 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by KevinGage
[April 27, 2024, 11:52:07 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[April 27, 2024, 11:48:51 PM]

Robin Olsen by Aldridge Villa
[April 27, 2024, 11:40:20 PM]

Champions League Contention by curiousorange
[April 27, 2024, 11:38:28 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[April 27, 2024, 11:32:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Mark Bunn - new signing  (Read 13005 times)

Offline supertom

Re: Mark Bunn - new signing
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2016, 11:17:43 PM »
Bunn has done well. I don't think by any stretch he'll be our number 1 down the line. There's a bit of a Michael Oakes vibe about him. In that he's probably a Premiership number 2 or 3, but he'll be solid enough to fill in, but if it becomes long term you'll see the limitations come to the fore.

But fair play to him, he's done well so far. Hope he keeps it up. If we struggle to sign a decent stopper, there's no reason why he couldn't be our number 1 in the Championship. Long term in the Premiership? I'm not sure. Despite his age, to some extent he's still inexperienced at higher levels. 31 years old and about 160 league games (around half of which were league one level almost a decade ago).

Online SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2016, 11:20:25 PM »
Bunn has done well. I don't think by any stretch he'll be our number 1 down the line. There's a bit of a Michael Oakes vibe about him. In that he's probably a Premiership number 2 or 3, but he'll be solid enough to fill in, but if it becomes long term you'll see the limitations come to the fore.

But fair play to him, he's done well so far. Hope he keeps it up. If we struggle to sign a decent stopper, there's no reason why he couldn't be our number 1 in the Championship. Long term in the Premiership? I'm not sure. Despite his age, to some extent he's still inexperienced at higher levels. 31 years old and about 160 league games (around half of which were league one level almost a decade ago).

I think Oakes is a good comparison. 

With regards to next year you'd think Jed Steer would come back to challenge the number one given he's playing regularly for Huddersfield and seems to be doing alright.

In fairness I thought Bunn was one of those eternal reserve keepers who's played about 5 times in 10 years but he did play half a season in 12/13 for Norwich.

Bit more limited at Blackburn but he did play in their 3-2 win at Old Trafford and a 1-1 draw at Anfield over xmas 2011.

Would still be amazed if we don't get a keeper in this window.

Offline supertom

« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2016, 11:28:45 PM »

I think Oakes is a good comparison. 

With regards to next year you'd think Jed Steer would come back to challenge the number one given he's playing regularly for Huddersfield and seems to be doing alright.

In fairness I thought Bunn was one of those eternal reserve keepers who's played about 5 times in 10 years but he did play half a season in 12/13 for Norwich.

Bit more limited at Blackburn but he did play in their 3-2 win at Old Trafford and a 1-1 draw at Anfield over xmas 2011.

Would still be amazed if we don't get a keeper in this window.
Yeah I don't see Bunn having a late renaissance after years in the shadows, like Steve Harper kind of did.
Steer will hopefully come back ready.
I wonder if Mandanda is still an option.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2016, 12:29:58 AM »
I don't think Guzan's ever saved a competitive penalty... has he?

Several against Sunderland in the League Cup. And one when we were about 17-0 down to Chelsea in 2012.

Thank God he saved that or it could've been embarrassing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal