collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: People Who Should Immediately Lose Their Jobs  (Read 10157 times)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: People Who Should Immediately Lose Their Jobs
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2015, 11:43:40 PM »
Don't worry we've got a new Chairman starting soon.

I wonder who it'll be.

Offline oswald funkletrumpet

« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2015, 09:02:40 AM »
Don't worry we've got a new Chairman starting soon.

I wonder who it'll be.

i think he can tell the time now so that must make him a frontrunner

Online TonyD

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2015, 09:09:22 AM »
Rude officious women that work on receptions in GPs , hospitals and schools.   Show them no mercy. 

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2015, 09:29:19 AM »
Not officially down but there are people who should immediately be relieved of their duties.

1. Paddy Reilly.
I have no idea who he is or how the fcuk he came to be the mainstay and major decision maker in our transfer policy but it has been an absolute unmitigated disaster particularly this summer.  A team that finished 17th, allowed their main goalscorer to leave and replaced him with an entire team of complete unknowns.

2. Henrik Almstadt.
No idea who he is or what the fcuk he adds to the side.  But it is clear if he is an analyst who is employed to spot players, then by any measure he is doing a terrible job.  Games in the Premier League are not the same as playing FIFA15.

3. Tom Fox.
Has presided over all of the above.  What is more, he gets interviewed recently and starts saying things like 'it is easy to look at the league table when we are great at increasing revenue.'  Well yes Tom it is easy to look at the league table and to see what a total and utter joke of a club we have become and how it has accelerated on your watch.  From the 'only one man on the list' in Sherwood, to going for another complete novice as manager and expecting a different result on the pitch. 

How has it come to this.  I don't even hanker for mid table mediocrity anymore.  I am happy with 17th.  We will be lucky to make 20th before being kicked out for pretending to be a team.  This regime has stood and watched as Southampton, Swansea, Smethwick, Stoke, Watford, Crystal Palace, Wet Spam sailed passed us without doing a fcukin thing about it or seemingly having a clue how to.

They should all go now.
Tragically that's all very true. But Lerner has ultimate responsibility. His decision making is appalling.He's been disastrous for Villa. Do we hear an apology from him? NO. Do we get a rallying call from our so called leader? NO. Does he even attend Villa Park? NO. He has not sat in the seat that he got for a knock down £67million for over 2 years. What we get is deafening silence from him. He has appointed a team of people to take all the flak on his behalf. A complete dereliction of duty and a cowardly way to run our proud football club. He has turned us into a rusting hulk of a once mighty ship, limping into the ships graveyard. It will take a miracle to salvage us now. Thanks for nothing y'all.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2015, 07:48:37 PM »
Not officially down but there are people who should immediately be relieved of their duties.

1. Paddy Reilly.
I have no idea who he is or how the fcuk he came to be the mainstay and major decision maker in our transfer policy but it has been an absolute unmitigated disaster particularly this summer.  A team that finished 17th, allowed their main goalscorer to leave and replaced him with an entire team of complete unknowns.

2. Henrik Almstadt.
No idea who he is or what the fcuk he adds to the side.  But it is clear if he is an analyst who is employed to spot players, then by any measure he is doing a terrible job.  Games in the Premier League are not the same as playing FIFA15.

This season's transfer acquisitions threw up two very good players in Ayew and Veretout, probably another in Amavi and possibly a fourth in Traore. Even accepting that Gana's early promise flattered to deceive that still makes it arguably the most successful summer of recruitment for two decades.

The problem we have is that season upon season we have gone into transfer windows needing X number of good players, where X has been a steadily increasing number. Hence last summer we had to spread the Benteke Bonanza around a number of midfielders and a full back instead of using the bulk of it to find a suitable replacement.

I do wonder if what we are really paying for this season is last season's 'make do and mend pending takeover' window that saw our major acquisitions consist of Cole, Senderos, Richardson, Cissokho and Sanchez. We have got added value from just one of those players whilst our competitors - The Stokes and Palaces - got some genuine team building done.

It is almost ironic that the season we get a bit of effective recruitment under our belt is the one where we (may well) finally pay for the years of misspending and under investment.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2015, 07:54:59 PM »
Those players are not 'very good' players.  I believe in Ayew and Veretout we have bought decent prospects.  Traore hasn't had a chance to show us one way or the other.  Amavi showed signs of promise. 

The policy has been a failure in the sense that 12 unknowns (at this level) were signed with virtually no genuine quality experienced players bought in to complement them and certainly no leaders.  With us on 8 points 12 points from safety would suggest something has gone wrong somewhere?

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2015, 09:39:26 PM »
No, it might suggest that what was already wrong has finally bit us on the arse and that the best bit of recruitment in many a year was not enough. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

If you don't rate the lads I mentioned as highly as I do that's fine. I see them as the kind of players we should have recruited to make an impression on O'Neill's 6th place glass ceiling, let alone preserve top flight status.

Offline frank black

« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2015, 09:49:53 PM »
I don't rate any of our new recruits as highly as Delph and Benteke. We lost quality, went for quantity from an inferior league and did the same with our choice of new boss.

Its a mess created by the chap at the top and his advisors.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2015, 10:37:03 PM »
Those players are not 'very good' players.  I believe in Ayew and Veretout we have bought decent prospects.  Traore hasn't had a chance to show us one way or the other.  Amavi showed signs of promise. 

The policy has been a failure in the sense that 12 unknowns (at this level) were signed with virtually no genuine quality experienced players bought in to complement them and certainly no leaders.  With us on 8 points 12 points from safety would suggest something has gone wrong somewhere?

I pretty much agree with that assessment. Some of the signings have showed potential and have played well in patches but it hadn't been enough. I have been impressed by Ayew and Veretout's attitude in the past few weeks - more than any other players.

We needed more experience, particularly down the spine of the team, and I have been saying for ages we have needed more physical creatures and leaders  in our team. We are crying out for an enforcer.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2015, 10:38:07 PM »
I don't rate any of our new recruits as highly as Delph and Benteke. We lost quality, went for quantity from an inferior league and did the same with our choice of new boss.

We have not been downsized; we have been  poncified, demarrowed and clusterfucked.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2015, 10:54:20 PM »

The problem was that Benteke's goals were making up for weaknesses in two or three positions in the team.  Sell him and you have to buy two or three players to be in the same position.  Add to this that Gana has not turned out yet to be the replacement for Delph and Richards has not turned out to be the replacement for Vlaar (however much people criticised him).  When you look at the number brought in (13 I think), it almost matched the number leaving.  What was short was an additional £15m to bring in some higher quality players than some that were bought.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2015, 11:00:12 PM »
Tom Fox needs to f*ck off back to London sooner rather than later. He's proved to be hopelessly out of his depth so the quicker he disappears the better. Idiot.

Offline LTA

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2015, 11:07:53 PM »
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-stan-collymore-relegation-10664706

So in what line he says sell the whole squad and then he says ensure we supply Gestede in the Championship next season?

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2015, 12:51:24 AM »
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-stan-collymore-relegation-10664706

So in what line he says sell the whole squad and then he says ensure we supply Gestede in the Championship next season?

I think he wants you to phone in, and "get involved".

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2015, 06:17:24 AM »
Did he encourage you to "come on!"?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal