collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Gabby at Arsenal's Christmas party  (Read 37343 times)

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
Re: Gabby at Arsenal's Christmas party
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2015, 01:55:28 PM »
I've been to many of our rival companies Christmas parties.
I still think they're twats but you can't beat having a free pint at someone else's expense.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2015, 01:56:12 PM »
Big deal. I think we've got enough to worry about than to fret over this non story.
Gabby Agbonlahor is not the reason we've become relegation rubbish.
No, but his attitude is symptomatic.

Why because he went out for a beer? Jesus.
No I'm talking about his half arsed apparently struggling to give a fuck, whilst waddling around on the pitch looking like an overgrown mascot that forgot to leave the pitch stinking attitude.

And this from a player who is definitely on "Proper Premier League Wages"

He is symptomatic of far too many players at the club and has been for far too many years.

He/They are entitled to a social life away from Aston Villa FC
He hasnt disgraced himself or the club in this article.

Did you actually read what I said?

Where did I say he shouldn't  have a social life or that he'd brought himself or teh club into disrepute?

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2015, 02:00:31 PM »
I fail to understand how people think players can adopt a way of life that mirrors a player playing for his local pub side (no comments on we are, aren't we please).

If people think that it's acceptable to show such a relaxed attitude, then you are going to get less than dedicated performances on the pitch. I assume that there is no full training today as it is the day after a match but with the situation we are in, every hour at the training ground is important.

Players are paid a fortune and the fans have a right to expect professionalism from the players. This can be either be training harder (physically and tactically) or keeping your head down when things are not going well.

How does this compare with Houllier's comments at Liverpool and how people are viewing it. I bet there are a few saying this is ok but were highly critical of Houllier.

Offline luke95

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2015, 02:14:48 PM »
Big deal. I think we've got enough to worry about than to fret over this non story.
No, but his attitude is symptomatic.

Why because he went out for a beer? Jesus.
No I'm talking about his half arsed apparently struggling to give a fuck, whilst waddling around on the pitch looking like an overgrown mascot that forgot to leave the pitch stinking attitude.

And this from a player who is definitely on "Proper Premier League Wages"

He is symptomatic of far too many players at the club and has been for far too many years.

He/They are entitled to a social life away from Aston Villa FC
He hasnt disgraced himself or the club in this article.

Did you actually read what I said?

Where did I say he shouldn't  have a social life or that he'd brought himself or teh club into disrepute?

Yes ... You were suggesting his atitude in the shirt was not good enough, which I agree with .but I can't see what relevance that has to what he does in his own time away from club matters.

& your second no you didn't

Offline St AustellAVFC

« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2015, 02:31:44 PM »
Is it Gabby in the white hat on his phone? If so, am I the only one who thinks it's nothing like him, that chap is white isn't he? Maybe it's me, it was a long old night at work. Even if it is him, it's not a real problem anyway.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2015, 02:34:54 PM »
I fail to understand how people think players can adopt a way of life that mirrors a player playing for his local pub side (no comments on we are, aren't we please).

If people think that it's acceptable to show such a relaxed attitude, then you are going to get less than dedicated performances on the pitch. I assume that there is no full training today as it is the day after a match but with the situation we are in, every hour at the training ground is important.

Players are paid a fortune and the fans have a right to expect professionalism from the players. This can be either be training harder (physically and tactically) or keeping your head down when things are not going well.

How does this compare with Houllier's comments at Liverpool and how people are viewing it. I bet there are a few saying this is ok but were highly critical of Houllier.

Bravo sir.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2015, 02:42:21 PM »
I didn't care about the Houllier thing either.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2015, 02:43:23 PM »
Stone him to death....how dare he!

I agree with "what a bunch of twats" comments.

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2015, 02:52:35 PM »

Looks like he's been on the pills.

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2015, 02:55:24 PM »
Was Remi Garde there? Or,even worse Jack!!!

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2015, 03:04:14 PM »
Not many seem to care how any of our players conduct themselves. They're unprofessional on the pitch and unprofessional off the pitch, short of one of them being seen taking a shit on the club flag I don't think anyone bats an eyelid at any of the pathetic losers such is the apathy around the place.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2015, 03:07:03 PM »
Gabby isn't the first Villa player to hang out with the Arsenal

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2015, 03:11:25 PM »

This is it for me. I understand why people say that footballers should be allowed to do things that we "normal" folk all get up to.

Fair enough, if they want to do that. But in that case, they should be paid the same shitty wages we "normal" folk get.

As the French (more or less) say, "you can't keep the butter, and the money, and shag the dairymaid".

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2015, 03:24:28 PM »
I suppose it all depends on whether this activity helps speed up his recovery from injury or not / improve his on field displays.

I'm sure we all possess some rudimentary medical knowledge which would intuitively suggest that this would not do so, though the content of the drinks, finish time and rest of week schedule would also need to be taken into consideration.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2015, 03:39:33 PM »

I'd say his piss poor performances and half arsed attititude over the last three seasons have contributed to our malaise. The fact he's club captain also kind of sums up the club.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal