collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Tom Fox's meeting with Supporters  (Read 47207 times)

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
Tom Fox's meeting with Supporters
« on: December 13, 2015, 03:46:16 PM »
Any word on the pre-match (Dec 13) meeting/Q&A with the supporters?

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
Re: Tom Fox's meeting with Supporters
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 04:23:59 PM »
Would love to hear what this clown has to say but it's probably the wrong narrative the tosser.

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 04:32:51 PM »
He'd have been too busy with his old bosses - hoping they will give him his job back.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2015, 04:54:28 PM »
Apparently there will be an investigation into Rudy Gestede's stats on FIFA 15.

Paddy Reilly is said to be "furious".

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 04:58:24 PM »
He said he knows nothing about football but had made this clear on his job application, and was as surprised as anyone when he was then tasked with finding and appointing a director of football and putting people in charge of player recruitment.
Asked if there was any truth that the beeb were looking to use Villa Park for the follow up series to Twenty Twelve and W1A he said yes their writers had attended a couple of the club's management team meetings and seemed happy with what they heard.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 05:05:17 PM »
I wonder if what Fox had to say was by any chance mostly meaningless marketing speak totally at odds with our current situation?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2015, 05:07:48 PM »
You shouldn't take things like this seriously. I've been to plenty of similar meets and very little of any importance is divulged. You might get the odd "this is off the record" snippet that gets someone who wasn't invited up in arms because they haven't been told but it's invariably a bit of gossip about something in the past. If it hadn't been in the Mail it wouldn't have aroused comment.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2015, 05:11:42 PM »
It was quite interesting at times. Joe C will update Golden Muppets in due course.

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2015, 05:17:47 PM »
You shouldn't take things like this seriously. I've been to plenty of similar meets and very little of any importance is divulged. You might get the odd "this is off the record" snippet that gets someone who wasn't invited up in arms because they haven't been told but it's invariably a bit of gossip about something in the past. If it hadn't been in the Mail it wouldn't have aroused comment.

Thanks, Dave. I just figured given our current situation that  today might cross the threshold beyond babbling PR speak. Don't know if I'd be able to retain my emotions sharing a room with our CEO at the moment.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2015, 05:25:27 PM »
It was quite interesting at times. Joe C will update Golden Muppets in due course.
If its that unimportant then why not update the whole membership?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2015, 05:28:07 PM »
Because that is what GM's is for here and for AVST members with my other hat on.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2015, 05:47:07 PM »
Because that is what GM's is for here and for AVST members with my other hat on.
I'm a former member of both. I suppose an update for such a person is out of the question? It's not like current members of both get the info twice.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2015, 05:55:12 PM »
I'm a former member of both. I suppose an update for such a person is out of the question? It's not like current members of both get the info twice.

Every time there's a meeting like this we get the same "I demand to be told" statements. There is no official them and us-ism on here. If you donate to the site you get access to another forum and if a member wants to divulge something in there that they don't want to say in public I'm fine with that but I wouldn't ask them to do anything one way or the other. If the Trust want to say anything to their members or nothing at all it's up to their board to decide.

Offline levico

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2015, 05:59:37 PM »
I wouldn't worry. If anything interesting is revealed there will be a queue of GM and AVST members lining up to tell us.

Not that there will be. With relegation a probability I'm sure Fox will be adopting a bunker mentality.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2015, 06:03:33 PM »

Every time there's a meeting like this we get the same "I demand to be told" statements. There is no official them and us-ism on here. If you donate to the site you get access to another forum and if a member wants to divulge something in there that they don't want to say in public I'm fine with that but I wouldn't ask them to do anything one way or the other. If the Trust want to say anything to their members or nothing at all it's up to their board to decide.
It was hardly a demand though, was it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal