collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 13 small heath 0 1988  (Read 6797 times)

Offline ColinMac

• GM : 12.05.2021
Re: Aston Villa 13 small heath 0 1988
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 12:59:42 PM »
I'm another that went to all three of these games.

I seem to remember Garry Thompson skying a chance from a yard out at the Holte in one of these games. We were so dominant that everyone just laughed.

Was that not Andy Gray junior who missed that chance? I thought Garry Thompson had left for Watford by that time.

And the game where Gray missed the chance from a yard was against Ipswich in LC.. i think we won 6-2, Platt scored 4 for Villa, some fella called Dalian Atkinson scored a couple for Ipswich.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2016, 05:25:27 PM »
I'm another that went to all three of these games.

I seem to remember Garry Thompson skying a chance from a yard out at the Holte in one of these games. We were so dominant that everyone just laughed.

Was that not Andy Gray junior who missed that chance? I thought Garry Thompson had left for Watford by that time.

And the game where Gray missed the chance from a yard was against Ipswich in LC.. i think we won 6-2, Platt scored 4 for Villa, some fella called Dalian Atkinson scored a couple for Ipswich.

I didn't go to the Ipswich game, but I can vividly remember my brother raving about Atkinson, saying he was like a young John Barnes.

Offline peter w

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2016, 02:20:34 PM »
Bouncing ball and AG jnr tried to bury the ball into the Holte End stand through the net. No keeper around. He caught it wrongly and it skimmed off the top of the side of the boat and sailed over from 1 yard out. i think we were 4 or 5 up at the time though so he got away with it. plus seemingly no cameras otherwise Rosenthal would never be number 1 worst miss.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2016, 08:13:14 PM »
Bouncing ball and AG jnr tried to bury the ball into the Holte End stand through the net. No keeper around. He caught it wrongly and it skimmed off the top of the side of the boat and sailed over from 1 yard out. i think we were 4 or 5 up at the time though so he got away with it. plus seemingly no cameras otherwise Rosenthal would never be number 1 worst miss.

Does anyone remember him doing the same in front of the North Stand the season before, against Dirty Leeds?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal