collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 10:04:08 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 09:58:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:55:30 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:53:19 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 09:47:38 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 09:46:25 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 09:45:15 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: If it's adebayor or bust - yay or nay?  (Read 16096 times)

Online JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
Re: If it's adebayor or bust - yay or nay?
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2015, 11:19:21 AM »
I'd take him until the end of the season. But I worry we'll end up giving him a 2+ year deal now he's actually on a free.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2015, 01:18:13 PM »
If we got him in January it would be March before he was physically and mentally March fit. By then our goose could be cooked.

Not if we had him train with us now.  Sure we could arrange some friendlies to get him fit or have him play for the reserves.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2015, 01:28:39 PM »
I'm a lot less comfortable with a deal than I was when he was still a Spurs player.

I don't think giving him more than one year is a good idea at all, and he's going to want more than that.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2015, 02:08:14 PM »
He just doesn't seem motivated in the slightest. Can't see him busting a gut for us at all.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2015, 02:17:54 PM »
I am probably missing something, but we've scored in every game except Man U - sometimes more than one! I am not sure we actually have a problem with lack of goals. I think we have a problem with lack of concentration, and I don't think the sideshow of Adebayour is in any way the answer to that.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2015, 02:21:10 PM »
I am probably missing something, but we've scored in every game except Man U - sometimes more than one! I am not sure we actually have a problem with lack of goals. I think we have a problem with lack of concentration, and I don't think the sideshow of Adebayour is in any way the answer to that.
This.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2015, 03:17:04 PM »

I'd disagree.  We've been creating lots of chances, we need someone clinical to get on the end of those to put the ball in the back of the net. 
We also need a focal point. An athletic target man that can hold the ball up, bring others into the game is also a necessity. Gestede should be that man, but my opinion is that he's not up to it at this level.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2015, 03:40:32 PM »
A good striker and we would have been out of sight against Sunderland and Leicester. It's not just about putting the chances away, it's the movement from them that sometimes makes a huge difference to the game as a whole.

Online KRS

« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2015, 04:20:36 PM »
Its not just about converting chances; its also about holding the ball up, bringing other players into the game from midfield and relieving pressure on the defence...simple basics that neither Gabby, Gestede or Ayew seem capable of doing consistently. You can say a lot about Adebayor in terms of his attitude, but if you knock a ball into him, you know he will have the ability to hold it up, keep possession and lay off a ball to a team mate more often than not...and yes, he can finish too. If he's match fit (which is highly unlikely) then he'd be a much better option than anyone else in the CF role.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2015, 04:22:07 PM »
The thing about Adebayor isn't what he can contribute on the pitch, though, it is all the other shite that comes with it which makes you wonder whether it is worth it.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2015, 04:22:50 PM »
You can say a lot about Adebayor in terms of his attitude, but if you knock a ball into him, you know he will have the ability to hold it up, keep possession and lay off a ball to a team mate more often than not...and yes, he can finish too. If he's match fit

... and if God has given him a sign to do so.

Online KRS

« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2015, 04:30:06 PM »
Very good point. He's clearly a mentalist.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #162 on: September 14, 2015, 09:09:07 PM »
he's barking and makes Mario look like the most grounded individual on the planet.

Online KRS

« Reply #163 on: September 14, 2015, 09:27:26 PM »
Nah Balotelli is on another level of mentalism...he's genuinely 100% fruitcake. Did anyone else see him in the stands at one of the recent Liverpool games decked out looking like Grace Jones with dangly ear rings? He looked as big a twat as he actually he is...and thats a proper big twat!

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #164 on: September 14, 2015, 09:38:10 PM »
Still a no from me.

On the goals front, we're clearly starting to improve in that respect. But so far Gabby has comfortably been our best central striker and that's not a good thing. Sinclair can't play that role I'm sure of it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal