collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Sunderland Pre-Match Thread  (Read 16513 times)

Online oldhill_avfc

Re: Aston Villa vs Sunderland Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2015, 01:53:05 PM »
We either draw these games 0-0 or thrash them. Back six picks itself.

I'd ideally go: Westwood gueye - Adama grealish Sinclair - gestede

If Adama is out i think he might retain the diamond, with Sinclair up top along with gestede. But I'd go with width for this one.

I'd go for Kojak instead of Gestede as he'll link up better with the attacking midfielders. 

(And Gabby for Traore if he's unfit ........ crash helmet on!!)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 01:55:45 PM by oldhill_avfc »

Offline paul richard

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2015, 02:13:11 PM »
We'll win, but this is the Villa we're talking about so we'll make heavy weather of it.  2-1.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2015, 02:26:08 PM »
Sunderland always play 10 at the back at Villa Park, so 1-0 Villa.

I think we have more success at their ground as they have to try and attack a bit, something they're not comfortable with.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2015, 02:40:53 PM »
This is a must win game really, if we can't beat a shit team like Sunderland I think we are in for another difficult season.

3-1 win.

Agreed but I'll go 3-0.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2015, 02:48:23 PM »
they are staggeringly bad at the back, and we should know all there is to know about comical defences but they have really taken it on and made it their own show

we must win this, and we should , I'm predicting a Villa win as we will surely have to much for them in attack, 3-0

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2015, 02:52:33 PM »
when you consider Gabby completely took the piss out of them at their place, it tells you immediately how hideous they are. Defoe is good form so our defenders will need to be on their toes to restrict his chances. But if we attack them they'll crumble. Put me down for 3-1.

Offline Deano's Mullet

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2015, 02:58:52 PM »
A must win. 2-1 Villa with lots of nervy hanging on at the end.

Online KRS

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2015, 03:16:15 PM »
Its hard to see anything other than 3 points from this game...they are woefully bad and we have a team of players that have been mainly rested and hungry for a win after 2 defeats on the bounce. I hope it doesn't turn into one of those frustrating afternoons where we have loads of possession but unable to convert chances.

Taking a young lady to her first ever football match so I hoping for a good result and great atmosphere.

Villa win: 3-1

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2015, 03:25:50 PM »
lets face it
if we do lose this i think we can start expecting a long hard relegation battled season..........again

Offline damon loves JT

• GM : 31.08.2016
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2015, 03:55:48 PM »
I think we will have a disappointing result followed by a certain amount of bed-wetting. Hope I'm wrong.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2015, 03:59:09 PM »
It must be truly horrible watching Sunderland. Like watching us the last five years, except for much, much longer than that, and with the added "bonus" of actually managing to climb into bed with relegation, rather than just occasionally pinching its arse like we've done.

Their fans seem to love that "LOOK AT ME! I'M SO ANGRY I AM LEAVING AT HALF TIME!" thing, though.

I used to go to a few of their games with my Mackem best mate at university, when they were in the third division. There's a sort of depressing fug of misery about that club that has been there for decades, which is a shame, as there's really nothing not to like about them.

Actually, thinking about it, there is. The fact they named their new stadium after another, famous stadium elsewhere, and that they adopted that shitty "black cats" nickname, which is meaningless.

Two uncharacteristic outbreaks of nu-football from a normally traditional club, there.

EDIT downscale that to one, the black cats thing has a historical connection, albeit a bit tenuous.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2015, 04:00:13 PM »
I think we will have a disappointing result followed by a certain amount of bed-wetting. Hope I'm wrong.

Someone genuinely posted after the Palace game that we were "in trouble" already.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2015, 04:02:18 PM »
Regardless of how poor the rest of their team are, Defoe really seems to have rolled-back the years. Some of his link-up play was top class (albeit against Exeter) in midweek, and he's still one of the best finishers around. We really need Micah Richards to be on his game on Saturday.

Offline bobdylan

« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2015, 04:21:55 PM »
We either draw these games 0-0 or thrash them. Back six picks itself.

I'd ideally go: Westwood gueye - Adama grealish Sinclair - gestede

If Adama is out i think he might retain the diamond, with Sinclair up top along with gestede. But I'd go with width for this one.

I'd go for Kojak instead of Gestede as he'll link up better with the attacking midfielders. 

Right back is a tough call for me, Hutton and Bacuna were both poor in their last games this week but I'd probably stick with Leo given his attacking play is better. I can see Crespo making that position his own soon though.

(And Gabby for Traore if he's unfit ........ crash helmet on!!)

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2015, 04:36:02 PM »
A terrible, nervy win.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal