collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa - Pre Match Thread  (Read 22028 times)

Offline KRS

Re: Crystal Palace v Aston Villa - Pre Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2015, 04:36:37 PM »
We might get a result with the following lineup...

Guzan

Bacuna - Richards - Clark - Amavi

Westwood - Gueye

Traore - Grealish - Sinclair

Ayew

Ayew really needs to be played centrally and could receive the right service if Grealish and Traore are playing...a goal will give some much needed confidence. Gestede, Veretout and Sanchez clearly aren't match fit so give them some game time in second half.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2015, 04:43:04 PM »
Tim Sherwood says Jack Grealish could be in contention for the Crystal Palace game this weekend.

Grealish has been out all pre-season with a hamstring injury - and missed matches against Bournemouth and Man Utd with the troublesome problem.

But the influential midfielder returned to action this week in the 1-0 U21s victory over Derby County, scoring the winning goal at St George's Park.

Sherwood is thinking of bringing the 19-year-old into the squad for the trip to Selhurst Park.

Carles Gil, meanwhile, will be assessed after coming off late on in the Rams clash.

The Spaniard hasn't been involved since picking up an ankle problem in the Swindon pre-season encounter.

But he, like Grealish, returned to action against the Rams.

However, he was substituted late on with tightness in his groin.

Countryman Jose Angel Crespo, meanwhile, is progressing well in his return to fitness, after pulling up early on in the Nottingham Forest pre-season match.

Jores Okore is back in very light training, after an operation on his knee in the summer.

The boss told AVTV: "The Derby match was a good workout for the boys.

"They need games - the lads who haven't been playing. It was a good fitness exercise first and foremost.

"I thought Jack was very good. He played to the last minute. He looked fit enough to maybe be up for selection this weekend.

"Carles came off with a tight groin which is an indication the lack of training he has actually done. He will get fitter.

"Jores is not fit yet. But he is out there running.

"Jose is still not fit. He picked up a groin problem a few minutes into the Nottingham Forest game.

"It is disappointing for him - and the rest of us. But he won't be too far away.

"Overall, we're quite healthy."

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2015, 04:48:57 PM »
I was away for about 4 weeks in the summer, when I came back we had a new team of players I'd never heard of and Palace had somehow turned into the Sarf Of the River Brazil.

It's all a bit 'team of the 80's' to me.

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2015, 05:10:42 PM »
0-0 written all over it

Offline Caribbeanvillan

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2015, 05:12:09 PM »
So I fly back to England on the 18th, spend a couple of days with my family. I then have to go to Europe on business on Sunday, so stopping in Gatwick on the Saturday....my mates sons, who are season ticket holders, have got me a ticket for the match so a very easy journey from Gatwick to Selhurst. When i do come back I always try and get to watch the Villa...they tell me they would rather go with me than their dad, as they always lose when he's there lol....hopefully a Villa win 2-1 but a draw will do.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2015, 05:16:02 PM »
1-3 if Gabby is dropped. 1-0 if he plays. #scapegoat #outtonitewithmyfaves #lovemykids #lennoxforever

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2015, 07:30:01 PM »
Will go for a hard fought 1-1 with Clark to get ours.  Four points and what should be a home banker to follow would be pretty satisfying.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2015, 07:50:11 PM »
I didn't think Palace looked that great at the back on Sunday. It's a game we can get something from. I fancy 1-2. Sinclair and Gestede with ours.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2015, 10:46:45 PM »
Would be very happy with a point from this, Palace were excellent against Arsenal. That said their home record since Pardew took over is nothing to write home about although Cabaye will give them more nous in possession.

2-2.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2015, 10:49:15 PM »
I'd play Sanchez from the off and tell him to just sit on and nullify Cabaye

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2015, 10:50:31 PM »
So I fly back to England on the 18th, spend a couple of days with my family. I then have to go to Europe on business on Sunday, so stopping in Gatwick on the Saturday....my mates sons, who are season ticket holders, have got me a ticket for the match so a very easy journey from Gatwick to Selhurst. When i do come back I always try and get to watch the Villa...they tell me they would rather go with me than their dad, as they always lose when he's there lol....hopefully a Villa win 2-1 but a draw will do.
Hope you have a great day and the boys do you proud

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2015, 01:29:29 AM »
I would start Gabby still, he will hold it up and run in behind which the others I don't trust to do yet. They are not quick at the back and Arsenal walked past them with mundane pace last week back there. I would also get Grealish into the side behind Gabby, and leave Ayew and Sinclair on the bench to come on with Gestede. Grealish can play a pass in ways no one else in the squad can, and Ozil was continually left in acres of space last week playing between midfield and attack. Sanchez, Westwood, Gueye and Veretout in the middle with Vertout supporting Grealish. Palace will play with a lot of width, so the extra holding midfielder should help double up on the wide man too.

That would also give us Traore, Sinclair, Ayew and Gestede to bring on as options towards the end. But nullifying them and playing on the counter is the best option at their place.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2015, 03:57:43 AM »
Them 0 Us 3

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2015, 04:06:05 AM »
I want us to really go for it. We've been a bit too defensive in the first two games. We can have attacking intent and still be responsible at the back. We lack a cutting edge so I hope Sherwood picks a side and employs a system designed more to create more chances, take more shots, and score goals.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2015, 05:40:09 AM »
I've grown to quite like Palace as I live and work amongst them. Gutted that I'm not going to be able to make this one. 3-0 them.

Anyone would think you wanted them to win.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal