collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by mrfuse
[Today at 11:16:17 AM]

NSWE Investment by AV82EC
[Today at 11:14:52 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by AV84
[Today at 11:13:21 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by coreyfeldman
[Today at 11:10:40 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 10:32:50 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by AV84
[Today at 10:31:25 AM]

Championship Memories by Mellin
[Today at 10:14:25 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:42:20 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Veretout - gone  (Read 216008 times)

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Jordan Veretout - gone
« Reply #1455 on: August 28, 2021, 01:43:14 PM »
I thought Garde was very much the Admiral Donitz of the club taking over at that point. The momentum was out of control, effectively, and working with that awful squad and the useless twat who owned the club at the time, we were practically dead and buried.

Thinking about it, Sherwood was even less of a manager than McLeish. One season at spurs, one  season with us and unemployed ever since.

He did a great job as DoF at Swindon for a few weeks not that long before they went bankrupt.

Offline Damo70

Re: Jordan Veretout - gone
« Reply #1456 on: August 28, 2021, 02:07:07 PM »
I thought Garde was very much the Admiral Donitz of the club taking over at that point. The momentum was out of control, effectively, and working with that awful squad and the useless twat who owned the club at the time, we were practically dead and buried.

Thinking about it, Sherwood was even less of a manager than McLeish. One season at spurs, one  season with us and unemployed ever since.

He did a great job as DoF at Swindon for a few weeks not that long before they went bankrupt.

Remi Garde never stood a chance that season. Even SGT would have struggled if he had taken over in similar circumstances. SGT had the fresh start and close season he needed in the 1987/1988 season but I doubt even he would have kept us up if he had taken over halfway through that relegation season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal