collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Veretout - gone  (Read 216134 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Jordan Veretout - gone
« Reply #1440 on: August 27, 2021, 10:04:47 AM »
Yes, I blame Sherwood more. He created most of the problems that season (with help from an incompetent and disinterested owner) Garde merely did nothing to remove them.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1441 on: August 27, 2021, 10:09:03 AM »
The worst thing is that of course Lerner is the primary culprit, but we now know that a decent manager would have actually had some talent to work with there. Therefore the manager who prepared such a spectacular disaster gets special blame.

Offline JD

• Stay Free
  • GM : 19.01.2025
« Reply #1442 on: August 27, 2021, 10:15:51 AM »
I felt sorry for Remi Garde. Came into a very toxic atmosphere and got not help from his senior players.

As for Vertout, Gana, Amavi etc we had some very good players good players there but at completely the wrong time. What a fucking shambles of a club we were, to see how well some of these players we signed have done. It is so frustrating, we could have kept these players and built a great team.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #1443 on: August 27, 2021, 11:08:18 AM »
Anyway, it didn't work out for us but Veretout has proven his quality and now has his chance with Les Bleus. Fair play Jordan !

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1444 on: August 27, 2021, 11:08:55 AM »
I felt sorry for Remi Garde. Came into a very toxic atmosphere and got not help from his senior players.

As for Vertout, Gana, Amavi etc we had some very good players good players there but at completely the wrong time. What a fucking shambles of a club we were, to see how well some of these players we signed have done. It is so frustrating, we could have kept these players and built a great team.

Many of them would've done well under DS management imo so yeah signed them at completely wrong time.

Veretout similar style to Luiz and could certainly do with a Gana type now sticking his foot in to win the ball at DM.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #1445 on: August 27, 2021, 11:13:25 AM »
Think the only thing with Garde is more than 5 years on he hasn't exactly proven many wrong like other managers who've failed at one club and then gone on to do very good jobs elsewhere.

Don't think he's managed anyone else in France since and he was briefly working in MLS so guess we broke him a bit.

I agree we gave him a hospital pass especially in that January window when we didn't sign anyone but he still put some very odd teams out and didn't rate Grealish or Adama very much. At least playing those two regularly would've provided a bit more excitement even if we'd still gone down comfortably.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1446 on: August 27, 2021, 11:13:51 AM »
Tim Sherwood and Remi Garde really were absolutely useless tossers.

They had a lot of the right pieces to finish the Jigsaw that they didn't have.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1447 on: August 27, 2021, 11:29:18 AM »
I thought Garde was very much the Admiral Donitz of the club taking over at that point. The momentum was out of control, effectively, and working with that awful squad and the useless twat who owned the club at the time, we were practically dead and buried.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1448 on: August 27, 2021, 11:40:20 AM »

Many of them would've done well under DS management imo so yeah signed them at completely wrong time.

Veretout similar style to Luiz and could certainly do with a Gana type now sticking his foot in to win the ball at DM.

Can't agree with that assessment of Veretout, a much more attacking player than Doug, has made something of a speciality of late runs into the box.

Agree with PW on Garde as Admiral Dönitz (which happily also reminds me of that sketch from Mitchell and Webb), though it was obviously compounded by the fact that he really isn't up to being a manager in general. What a shambles we were as a club though.

Offline SoccerHQ

« Reply #1449 on: August 27, 2021, 12:17:44 PM »

Can't agree with that assessment of Veretout, a much more attacking player than Doug, has made something of a speciality of late runs into the box.

Agree with PW on Garde as Admiral Dönitz (which happily also reminds me of that sketch from Mitchell and Webb), though it was obviously compounded by the fact that he really isn't up to being a manager in general. What a shambles we were as a club though.

Yeah he's box to box but then so was Luiz when he turned up and we converted him into more deep lying midfielder.

We know Dean loves his tempo midfielders so think he'd have liked Veretout and his quality and perhaps moulded him like Romaine Sawyers a few years back.

Big issue I had was I thought he was a bit too lightweight for prem and knocked off the ball too easily so think he made good decision to go to Italy which suits his style a bit more.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1450 on: August 27, 2021, 12:19:56 PM »

Yup, if he's comparable to anyone we currently have it would be McGinn.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #1451 on: August 27, 2021, 12:51:22 PM »
I thought Garde was very much the Admiral Donitz of the club taking over at that point. The momentum was out of control, effectively, and working with that awful squad and the useless twat who owned the club at the time, we were practically dead and buried.

Probably the most obscure Godwinisation of a H&V thread :)

Offline robleflaneur

« Reply #1452 on: August 27, 2021, 07:39:25 PM »

We really needed a Speer to get the best out of our limited resources.

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1453 on: August 27, 2021, 10:46:45 PM »

We really needed a Speer to get the best out of our limited resources.

And a quality Streicher to replace Benteke.

Offline ez

« Reply #1454 on: August 28, 2021, 01:26:44 PM »

Thinking about it, Sherwood was even less of a manager than McLeish. One season at spurs, one  season with us and unemployed ever since.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal