collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Veretout - gone  (Read 216223 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: Jordan Veretout - gone
« Reply #1425 on: June 04, 2018, 02:09:56 PM »

When you read this and the talk of Traore going for huge sums the mid really does begin to boggle

Both looked a waste of space and like they couldn't give two fucks here. But if both have healthy sell on clauses then bravo to whoever sorted that.

Gueye was worth more than the £8mil we got for him also , on the whole I don't think them 3 and Amavi were bad buys we just brought too many of them at same time new to league and Sherwood didn't know how to use them and his own buys where Garbage
”His own buys were Gestede”
Lescott?  And lets not forget he wanted Adebayor

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #1426 on: June 04, 2018, 02:12:42 PM »

When you read this and the talk of Traore going for huge sums the mid really does begin to boggle

Both looked a waste of space and like they couldn't give two fucks here. But if both have healthy sell on clauses then bravo to whoever sorted that.

Gueye was worth more than the £8mil we got for him also , on the whole I don't think them 3 and Amavi were bad buys we just brought too many of them at same time new to league and Sherwood didn't know how to use them and his own buys where Garbage
”His own buys were Gestede”
Lescott?  And lets not forget he wanted Adebayor
I know, Chris; I was just playing with David’s words.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1427 on: June 04, 2018, 02:20:44 PM »
Traore looked like the Traore we are all familiar with.

Run really fast, in a straight line, run out of pitch, put shite ball into box. Repeat.

He's like watching video of Zog on fast-forward

Zog reminded me of that scene in Forest Gump when in that college game he keeps running through the tunnel at the back of the end zone. If there was a tunnel at the back of North or Holte Zog would still be in there.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #1428 on: August 27, 2021, 07:27:36 AM »
Jordan Veretout is in the latest 23-man France squad.

As a post-scriptum Olivier Giroud is not.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1429 on: August 27, 2021, 08:35:08 AM »
Good on the lad.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1430 on: August 27, 2021, 08:37:31 AM »
Tim Sherwood and Remi Garde really were absolutely useless tossers.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #1431 on: August 27, 2021, 08:47:35 AM »
Let’s not forget Eric “ I have 40 years experience in football” Black

There were so many that season that should be ashamed of the way  they performed!!

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #1432 on: August 27, 2021, 08:54:14 AM »
Tim Sherwood and Remi Garde really were absolutely useless tossers.
still are

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1433 on: August 27, 2021, 09:00:57 AM »
Is that the Remi Garde who inherited the snake pit dressing room, was given a hundred or so days and was not allowed to spend any money whatsoever on players before being ignominiously sacked by a caretaker board and has never spoken a bad word about the club except "I came in a taxi. I should have come in an ambulance"?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1434 on: August 27, 2021, 09:32:10 AM »
Is that the Remi Garde who inherited the snake pit dressing room, was given a hundred or so days and was not allowed to spend any money whatsoever on players before being ignominiously sacked by a caretaker board and has never spoken a bad word about the club except "I came in a taxi. I should have come in an ambulance"?
yes that’s him Brian, I don’t understand why he gets abuse either.
The Villa job was a hospital pass, so the ambulance quote is very apt.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #1435 on: August 27, 2021, 09:41:47 AM »

Applauds. If ever there was a case of wrong manager, wrong time etc that was it. He should never have taken the job, the club had become a total laughing stock, the dressing room was totally toxic and the white flag of surrender was raised by the board that January Transfer window. It was so bad after that winter in the spring I just stopped going, an appalling catastrofuck of an omnishambles.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1436 on: August 27, 2021, 09:48:10 AM »

Because he was a rubbish manager? It isn't personal. It doesn't mean he wasn't rubbish. He was as guilty as Sherwood of picking jobbing English "footballers" over actually talented players from abroad.

There's a reason why his only job since was managing (and being sacked by) Montreal Impact.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 09:50:15 AM by cdbullyweefan »

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1437 on: August 27, 2021, 09:53:48 AM »

He doesn't really get abuse does he? People say he did a terrible job, because he did a terrible job.

He was dealt the worst hand imaginable. But he still went on to play that hand very badly.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #1438 on: August 27, 2021, 09:54:31 AM »
He just couldn't organise a football team - that's not abuse - that's fact.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1439 on: August 27, 2021, 10:03:17 AM »
Yeah Garde was a good coach who became a manager by being an insider at Lyon, the only environment that would really suit him. It didn't have to go downhill for him as spectacularly as it did though, but it seems that the sheer extent of how out of his depth he was at our mega-disaster traumatised him a bit. Certainly inadequate.

I don't blame him as much as Sherwood though, a genuinely lazy, negligent, idiotic, ignorant, and (from reports) borderline xenophobic twat who was, as far as I'm concerned, the author of that season because of his horrible pre-season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal