collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Veretout - gone  (Read 216004 times)

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Jordan Veretout - on his way out
« Reply #1215 on: July 19, 2017, 11:36:56 PM »
I'd be more sympathetic to his stance if he didn't spend the rest of time reporting from the anal cavity of whoever is in charge at the Yawnthorns.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1216 on: July 19, 2017, 11:38:21 PM »
I'd be more sympathetic to his stance if he didn't spend the rest of time reporting from the anal cavity of whoever is in charge at the Yawnthorns.

But sadly they're the only PL club in our area so we have to live with it till we're back where we belong.

Offline LeeB

« Reply #1217 on: July 19, 2017, 11:47:58 PM »

But sadly they're the only PL club in our area so we have to live with it till we're back where we belong.

Yes, but before that it didn't feel as though he took the same critical stance with them as he did with us. I'm all for journalists exposing owners and clubs that are badly run or malignant, but I suspect Murphy's ire was generated by a personal grievance, with which frankly he can fuck off.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1218 on: July 19, 2017, 11:52:49 PM »

I disagree. I think he tells it as he sees it, and for much of the past 7 years he has has a lot to criticise. I usually find I agree with his analysis of the Villa.

Aye. I am in the minority I know. I can't stand the bloke. I think he actively dislikes this club and its fans and I find his style of reporting self important and pompous. I want to throw an egg every time I see or hear him speak. An over the hill out of touch blow hard who should have been fired years ago.

I will give him credit for one thing. He doesn't make stuff up, so I believe when he says something he believes it is true, even if it turns out to be wrong. So I will give him that.

But as I say, most respected posters here disagree with me about him which is cool. My views have not softened on him over the years though.

We have this debate regularly and all I can add is that for someone who supposedly dislikes our fans, he's helped enough of us over the years. He's said before now that he has no feelings either way towards the Villa - he reports what he sees. As for pompous, I'd prefer to call it traditional, old-fashioned even, and in a world increasingly dominated by shock jockery and the desire for clickbait, that's no bad thing.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #1219 on: July 20, 2017, 12:06:00 AM »
For the past few years, he seems to be as fcuked off about the goings on at Villa as I have. Can't argue with a word he says.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1220 on: July 20, 2017, 09:05:46 AM »
He remains the one journalist that doesn't get all timid and worried they'll upset managers and players with confrontational questions, for that alone he's a breath of fresh air. Really admired him for standing up for his colleague against that bully Person.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1221 on: July 20, 2017, 11:54:51 AM »
According to Pat Murphy, there's a sell-on clause.

Ahmed Elmohamady will link up again with his former manager Steve Bruce, signing for £1m from Hull City while Jordan Veretout will move to St Etienne for £5m rising with add-ons to £7m - the same amount he cost Villa two years ago from Nantes.

There's also a significant sell-on fee if Veretout leaves St Etienne.

Villa remain in the market for one more player,possibly two.

I thought Pat Murphy had thrown a tantrum last season and refused to deal with Villa stories.

Definitely been on 5Live about us recently, notably on the John Terry signing

Presumably as the BBC's Midlands reporter he's not really in a position to dictate which clubs he does and doesn't report on?

If he's working for the BBC and carrying out that work in the Midlands, then he's pulling off a near miracle.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #1222 on: July 20, 2017, 03:51:58 PM »

I disagree. I think he tells it as he sees it, and for much of the past 7 years he has has a lot to criticise. I usually find I agree with his analysis of the Villa.

Aye. I am in the minority I know. I can't stand the bloke. I think he actively dislikes this club and its fans and I find his style of reporting self important and pompous. I want to throw an egg every time I see or hear him speak. An over the hill out of touch blow hard who should have been fired years ago.

I will give him credit for one thing. He doesn't make stuff up, so I believe when he says something he believes it is true, even if it turns out to be wrong. So I will give him that.

But as I say, most respected posters here disagree with me about him which is cool. My views have not softened on him over the years though.

I get you - i have my own irrational dislikes too.  John Motson for one.....

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1223 on: July 21, 2017, 12:47:28 PM »

Yes, I despise Motson. He was good in the 80's. I now turn the sound off for his 'commentary' and I also turn the tv over if his big fat red piggy self important face is ever on there.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1224 on: July 25, 2017, 01:04:33 PM »
Looks like this one is done Fiorentina 7m EUR.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
« Reply #1225 on: July 25, 2017, 01:31:15 PM »

With you on Motson, I could have sworn he 'retired' a few years ago but he's still there sounding surprised when a goal is scored or shouting "OOH, LOOK AT THAT", I was bought his autobiography a few years ago, didn't even break the spine, straight to the charity shop.

If Pat Murphy didn't talk about Villa those of us who don't live in the Midlands wouldn't hear a thing about the club, he's always struck me as fair and for all the criticism he came in for on here regarding Lerner he spotted he was a wrong 'un early on.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #1226 on: July 25, 2017, 02:16:56 PM »
I must be in the minority of loving John Motson. His commentary reminds me of FA Cup Semi Finals, Finals.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1227 on: July 25, 2017, 02:46:16 PM »
deal done

Au revoir Jordan. Thanks for erm...that pass to Gabby for the goal vs Norwich

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #1228 on: July 25, 2017, 02:50:16 PM »
Yet another player who we all got excited about, only for him to then contribute fuck all.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1229 on: July 25, 2017, 04:09:40 PM »
More or less got our money back, not too bad, considering.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal