collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Veretout - gone  (Read 216221 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Jordan Veretout - on his way out
« Reply #1200 on: July 19, 2017, 02:02:08 PM »
Is there really any need to be distraught in July over the Villa? 

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #1201 on: July 19, 2017, 02:05:48 PM »
yes August to May is quite long enough

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #1202 on: July 19, 2017, 02:15:59 PM »
According to Pat Murphy, there's a sell-on clause.

Ahmed Elmohamady will link up again with his former manager Steve Bruce, signing for £1m from Hull City while Jordan Veretout will move to St Etienne for £5m rising with add-ons to £7m - the same amount he cost Villa two years ago from Nantes.

There's also a significant sell-on fee if Veretout leaves St Etienne.

Villa remain in the market for one more player,possibly two.

I thought Pat Murphy had thrown a tantrum last season and refused to deal with Villa stories.

Definitely been on 5Live about us recently, notably on the John Terry signing

Offline villa kicks

« Reply #1203 on: July 19, 2017, 02:40:58 PM »
Goodbye and good luck. Never worked out at the villa and won't be fancies under Bruce so inevitable he's leaving. 

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1204 on: July 19, 2017, 02:45:08 PM »

Ahmed Elmohamady will link up again with his former manager Steve Bruce, signing for £1m from Hull City while Jordan Veretout will move to St Etienne for £5m rising with add-ons to £7m - the same amount he cost Villa two years ago from Nantes.

I thought Pat Murphy had thrown a tantrum last season and refused to deal with Villa stories.

Presumably as the BBC's Midlands reporter he's not really in a position to dictate which clubs he does and doesn't report on?

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #1205 on: July 19, 2017, 03:15:11 PM »
Pleased we managed to get him off the books, and for a decent fee that might rise.

If we pick up a fee for Cissokho, and maybe even Amavi then FFP is looking closer to being OK. Hopefully next season we are in the Prem again, but even if we are not then at least the likes of Gabby, Hutton and some others on Premier league wages are starting to leave the wage bill.

Wonder if we will see another signing now some cash is incoming.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #1206 on: July 19, 2017, 06:10:28 PM »
Apparently he didn't turn up to his st Etienne medical amid rumours of a 7 mil bid from fiorentina

I reckon even I might leave villa to live in a villa outside Florence and play football for a living

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1207 on: July 19, 2017, 06:11:55 PM »
If true that explains how we were able to drive a decent bargain from St Etienne.

I guess he must love the Villa still, if he wants to be reunited with our Carlos (Sanchez, not Kickaball Cuellar).

Offline Nelson Lodge

« Reply #1208 on: July 19, 2017, 06:43:48 PM »
Apparently he didn't turn up to his st Etienne medical amid rumours of a 7 mil bid from fiorentina

I reckon even I might leave villa to live in a villa outside Florence and play football for a living

Saw this story on the Sports Witness web site. L'Equipe reported the no show for the medical at St Etienne. An Italian paper said Fiorentina have had a €7 million bid accepted. No idea how reliable this all is - probably not much.

Elsewhere Mail saying Whelan nearly done at around £1 million fee.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #1209 on: July 19, 2017, 08:32:28 PM »
benteke?

Correct. How many years and managers ago was that.

Benteke was still unknown and coming from the Belgium league so I'd say 7m was still a decent amount as he could've easily been as much of a dud as likes of Tonev and Helenius.

It's a good question though. I'd probably say signing someone like Vlaar for 3m. Yes very injury prone but he was still a Dutch international with decent pedigree in the game.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #1210 on: July 19, 2017, 08:35:20 PM »

Presumably as the BBC's Midlands reporter he's not really in a position to dictate which clubs he does and doesn't report on?

Shame. One of the few benefits of being relegated was Pat Murphy would not be talking about us.

Online Pat McMahon

« Reply #1211 on: July 19, 2017, 09:42:09 PM »

Shame. One of the few benefits of being relegated was Pat Murphy would not be talking about us.

I disagree. I think he tells it as he sees it, and for much of the past 7 years he has has a lot to criticise. I usually find I agree with his analysis of the Villa.

Offline ciggiesnbeer

• Location: Mass hysteria for Aston Villa. Some team from the mountains in Russia
  • GM : 23.01.2019
« Reply #1212 on: July 19, 2017, 10:14:05 PM »

I disagree. I think he tells it as he sees it, and for much of the past 7 years he has has a lot to criticise. I usually find I agree with his analysis of the Villa.

Aye. I am in the minority I know. I can't stand the bloke. I think he actively dislikes this club and its fans and I find his style of reporting self important and pompous. I want to throw an egg every time I see or hear him speak. An over the hill out of touch blow hard who should have been fired years ago.

I will give him credit for one thing. He doesn't make stuff up, so I believe when he says something he believes it is true, even if it turns out to be wrong. So I will give him that.

But as I say, most respected posters here disagree with me about him which is cool. My views have not softened on him over the years though.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1213 on: July 19, 2017, 10:18:32 PM »

Spot on.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #1214 on: July 19, 2017, 10:23:26 PM »

Spot on.

Yeah I thought he reported honestly about about our games, I even thought he had a soft spot for us

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal