collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Veretout - gone  (Read 216245 times)

Offline tomd2103

Re: Jordan Veretout - CONFIRMED
« Reply #1155 on: February 22, 2017, 11:59:51 PM »
Liked him and think we bombed him out too quickly
Hope he plays for us again

Me too, but can't see it myself.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1156 on: February 23, 2017, 03:39:27 AM »
While we have still got Gabby and Richards, two of the worst anti French dressing room agitators, central to Bruce's plans, it will be hard to persuade Veretout to return.

Offline passitsideways

« Reply #1157 on: February 23, 2017, 04:43:59 AM »
I just wonder about what happened behind the scenes for RDM to decide that he didn't fancy him when we only had Gardner, Westwood and Jedinak in the stocks. Surely that had to be an attitude thing, because it certainly sounds like he's done quite well in Ligue 1, which I daresay outstrips anything the Championship could produce. Likewise, I can't help but wonder if that interview is mostly just lip service. I mean, I'm not saying he's a horrible tosser or anything, but just that I'm not sure he'll really fancy coming back when there are probably offers from teams more decent than we are out there.

I think the scenario that would suit all parties is for us to receive an offer from one of the bigger French clubs who've looked at the good season he's had at St Etienne and decided that he's still a talented player worth paying good money for, and for us to make sure the eventual price is close enough to what we paid for him, maybe by negotiating some bonuses and/or a sell-on.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1158 on: February 23, 2017, 05:16:32 AM »
I think Veretout's "attitude" problem goes right back to his arrival at the club.  He is on record as saying that Sherwood did not talk to him and he seems to have been singled out as a focus for the Sherwood "never wanted them in the first place" fabricated, media driven attempts by Sherwood to shore up his bogus reputation for getting the best out of "his"players.  Veretout was first under the bus.

Add to this the disgraceful Secret Santa mockery of the imported players and the players' Christmas party nastiness and Jordan Veretout was never going to want to be a Villa man.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #1159 on: February 23, 2017, 08:36:23 AM »
I think Veretout's "attitude" problem goes right back to his arrival at the club.  He is on record as saying that Sherwood did not talk to him and he seems to have been singled out as a focus for the Sherwood "never wanted them in the first place" fabricated, media driven attempts by Sherwood to shore up his bogus reputation for getting the best out of "his"players.  Veretout was first under the bus.

Add to this the disgraceful Secret Santa mockery of the imported players and the players' Christmas party nastiness and Jordan Veretout was never going to want to be a Villa man.

I think he struggled with the language as well and he and his partner had or were having there first child last season. All added up to what sounds like a pretty miserable start to life en angleterre.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #1160 on: March 20, 2017, 04:49:25 PM »

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #1161 on: March 20, 2017, 05:11:01 PM »
Awful defending from the No.4

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1162 on: March 20, 2017, 05:36:17 PM »
It was, but the finish was mustard.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #1163 on: March 20, 2017, 06:15:20 PM »
Hope he will be much better when we have him back next season but we will have to get rid of certain players. New Owner, New Manager, New Coaching Staff and about 12 new players and improved confidence which should help him.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1164 on: March 21, 2017, 01:16:46 PM »

What happened then?

I must admit I didn't watch the whole secret santa thing as I found myself wanting to punch the monitor after 30 secs of listening to Richards screeching his way through like a parrot and Guzan doing his best 'butt-head' impersonation.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1165 on: March 21, 2017, 01:45:42 PM »

What happened then?

I must admit I didn't watch the whole secret santa thing as I found myself wanting to punch the monitor after 30 secs of listening to Richards screeching his way through like a parrot and Guzan doing his best 'butt-head' impersonation.

I endured it. Think of the Titanic going down and the band playing their final number knowing their fate is sealed. Just to the right of them is a bunch of idiots larking around laughing at their own stupidity completely oblivious about what's about to happen.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #1166 on: March 21, 2017, 04:08:44 PM »
Well it hasn't harmed two of them financially as they are still at the club trousering huge wads of cash for doing nowt

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #1167 on: March 21, 2017, 04:26:42 PM »

What happened then?

Agbonlahor was given a French dictionary as his 'present'.  He began flicking through it and intimated that he was looking for a for a word that was blanked out on the film (can only guess it c@nts or something equally unpleasant).  Those in attendance (which didn't include any of the French players) found this hilarious and then spent the ret of the film  rolling about on the floor.

I have no idea who thought it was a good idea to release that film at that particular time. 

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #1168 on: March 22, 2017, 09:54:44 AM »
I hadn't actually heard that but it does make you wonder about the level of fucking idiot that released it like you say. It shows that some of these pricks still think that they can behave like they're in high school whilst earning the money they earn to represent an internationally renowned sporting institution.

Offline peter w

« Reply #1169 on: March 22, 2017, 10:03:12 AM »
Except there is no evidence that that is what Gabby was doing. It may have been c*nts to those taking the pee out of him for his rubbish attempts at French. The Frend may have not been involved but neither were lots of the UK based players. Veretout was involved in the Mr?Mrs type game they did with questions that had to be answered with HIM/Me. Least likely to be in first for training type stuff - Off the top of my head there was Kozak, Veretout, Gestede...I agree though that given the situation of the club it was a little misguided to do something showing an irreverant jocular attitude.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal