collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sorry Fabian, but you're still a ******.  (Read 24352 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: Sorry Fabian
« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2015, 07:27:47 PM »
Can we not just pretend this never happened and delete the last few days of anger from the H&V history books? Our kids don't need to learn about this.

Online shirley_villan

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2015, 07:33:24 PM »
Soz bloke.

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2015, 07:34:00 PM »
Well if I've learnt anything from this, it is to save my ire until I see the departing player ITSOTP.

Having said that, modern football is still shit.

Offline Kevin_Brum12

« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2015, 07:49:45 PM »
Think a few of us may be eating a few hats.  A chocolate bowler sounds delicious.

Offline newtonsballs

• GM : 21.02.2020
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2015, 07:52:01 PM »
Well if I've learnt anything from this, it is to save my ire until I see the departing player ITSOTP.

I agree with your last sentence. However, what does ITSOTP stand for !? Please note I'm old and frail.

Online Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2015, 07:56:36 PM »

I agree with your last sentence. However, what does ITSOTP stand for !? Please note I'm old and frail.

In the shirt on the pitch?

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2015, 07:57:31 PM »
In The Shirt On The Pitch.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2015, 08:02:53 PM »
I have always looked upon him as a son I never had. Never doubted him (yeah ok sorry for the pathetic outbursts in the FB thread)

Offline newtonsballs

• GM : 21.02.2020
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2015, 08:06:51 PM »
Many thanks to VforL and Leeg

Offline Theo

« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2015, 08:20:03 PM »
Je suis Delphy.

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2015, 08:33:11 PM »
I never gave him abuse.  8)

All hail me.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2015, 08:37:25 PM »
 I didn't give him abuse either but chuffed he's staying against all probabilities. Give the captain a new contract with either no release clause or one which is much higher  :)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2015, 08:59:34 PM »
I didn't give him abuse either but chuffed he's staying against all probabilities. Give the captain a new contract with either no release clause or one which is much higher  :)

Given we don't know the details of the clause that may not be needed.  It could easily have been that he was allowed to talk with CL clubs this summer for a fee of £8m but the clause ends in September.  I've said this on here a few times recently, what the press express as a release clause and the actual contract are likely to be very far apart.  The above makes sense  in that the conversations his agent had been having with clubs about his potential free transfer can carry on but with a comparatively small fee now involved and Delph has the option to see what's on the table.

Take the Suarez situation as another example (as a great example of the press knowing fuck all) we all know Arsenal triggered it and Liverpool said no, if it's as simple as that the club are in breach of contract and Suarez can take them to court and probably get the contract paid up in full and have any club in the world offering him a contract as a free transfer.  What actually happened is that he got a new Liverpool contract on apparently significantly improved terms about 2 days later.  My thinking is that the clause probably said if Liverpool chose to veto the transfer they could but that would automatically trigger a new contract offer with the value of that already set.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2015, 09:04:57 PM »

Given we don't know the details of the clause that may not be needed.  It could easily have been that he was allowed to talk with CL clubs this summer for a fee of £8m but the clause ends in September.  I've said this on here a few times recently, what the press express as a release clause and the actual contract are likely to be very far apart.  The above makes sense  in that the conversations his agent had been having with clubs about his potential free transfer can carry on but with a comparatively small fee now involved and Delph has the option to see what's on the table.

Take the Suarez situation as another example (as a great example of the press knowing fuck all) we all know Arsenal triggered it and Liverpool said no, if it's as simple as that the club are in breach of contract and Suarez can take them to court and probably get the contract paid up in full and have any club in the world offering him a contract as a free transfer.  What actually happened is that he got a new Liverpool contract on apparently significantly improved terms about 2 days later.  My thinking is that the clause probably said if Liverpool chose to veto the transfer they could but that would automatically trigger a new contract offer with the value of that already set.

The American owner was quoted as saying that they did not think it was enforceable

Offline flybo

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2015, 09:22:24 PM »
I never thought he would leave and it was just paper talk

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal