collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 208746 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: Jordan Amavi
« Reply #1215 on: January 20, 2017, 10:21:43 AM »
Evening.
The question about Amavi surely getting better, is.........with Aston Villa ??.......and the apparent lack of "coaching" which defines the poor skills, inter-play and improvement in "team awareness " that Villa players have in common it seems.
I suspect continued shit coaching isn't in Bruce's masterplan. 

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1216 on: January 20, 2017, 10:32:32 AM »
Remember when we had that sort of "Foreign Player " cap in use in England ? That's why we now have such a poor percentage of English talent able to break through to play for the country.

Because back when there was a limit on foreign players, England dominated the world football stage.

Nowadays leagues where there are unlimited foreigners like England, Spain, Germany, France - their national teams are all rubbish.

Very good.

I put England's lack of success down to not singing then national anthem  LOUD ENOUGH

That'll be why Spain do so well, then.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #1217 on: January 20, 2017, 01:28:42 PM »
Evening.
The question about Amavi surely getting better, is.........with Aston Villa ??.......and the apparent lack of "coaching" which defines the poor skills, inter-play and improvement in "team awareness " that Villa players have in common it seems.
Ah, right........but beware the presence of the Calderwood ( we should beware anyone with "wood" ) in their name nowadays, methinks.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #1218 on: January 20, 2017, 01:51:10 PM »
Or not, on the basis that having similar names doesn't necessarily equate to being a similar person. Benito Carbone never invaded Abyssinia, for instance.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #1219 on: January 20, 2017, 01:59:44 PM »
Evening.
Ah, right........but beware the presence of the Calderwood ( we should beware anyone with "wood" ) in their name nowadays, methinks.
Yep, because Brighton were a complete disaster when he was there.

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #1220 on: January 20, 2017, 02:00:25 PM »
Or not, on the basis that having similar names doesn't necessarily equate to being a similar person. Benito Carbone never invaded Abyssinia, for instance.
<applause>

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #1221 on: January 22, 2017, 02:21:11 PM »
I'm just glad I don't live in a country where the government introduces a public sector pay freeze, as this would interfere with my constitutional rights to enjoy a decent standard of living.

Oh...

Offline chrisw1

« Reply #1222 on: January 22, 2017, 02:34:27 PM »
I'm just glad I don't live in a country where the government introduces a public sector pay freeze, as this would interfere with my constitutional rights to enjoy a decent standard of living.

Oh...
Wtf has this got to do with Jordan Amavi?

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1223 on: January 22, 2017, 02:45:20 PM »
I'm beginning to wonder if his injury has had any effect on him keeping the ball in play when running with it as the only other reaso can be that he doesn't know what the purpose of the perimeter line is for.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #1224 on: January 22, 2017, 05:43:53 PM »
Chrisw1, please look earlier in this thread.

Offline BOB MANSFIELD

« Reply #1225 on: February 01, 2017, 08:51:32 PM »
I am always reading about, and watching, his inabilities as a defender...........who actually told us he was a Full Back, anyway? Maybe something got " lost in translation " way back all those managers ago.
Let's hope Taylor sticks to the brief. ( on the assumption he's actually given one, that is )

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #1226 on: February 01, 2017, 09:13:16 PM »
It's not unusual for a player recovering from a serious injury to have a dip after what seemed a good run. It just seems that everyone these days is unwilling to cut anyone any slack. If a player doesn't hit the ground running then they are shit. And all this talk of £20m bids - Even if this were true we are to believe it was a Chinese bid and had we accepted I am sure Amavi would have said piss off. Who wants to play in China?

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1227 on: April 15, 2017, 09:03:46 PM »
I think that has to be his last game at Villa Park today. He may play v Fulham if Taylor isn't fit. I really thought at one point we had a player who could become something special. It isn't going to happen for us unfortunately or for anyone in truth.

I was in the Holte unusually early today and early enough to watch the squad take shots at the keeper in those portable goals. The last time I seen this I was the recipient of a wayward Kodja shot which hit me with some force on the thigh while my back was turned. It shuck me up. Taking into account I'm further up than half of the lower Holte it would to have to have been a shot delivered with some velocity to do that. No harm was done and actually it caused much amusement to Kodja and those around me.  Today was different. Amavi was the deliverer of the wayward shot with greater velocity which landed full in the face of a bloke in his eighties. Glasses, hearing aids went all over the place. The poor bloke was stunned, everyone around very concerned. Amavi looked very concerned as he'd seen it too. Thankfully the bloke despite a steward and those nearest him wanting him to get medical assistance brushed it off and didn't want any fuss.

Maybe this incident had an affect on Amavi maybe it didn't. I can't think what else though could explain his utterly shocking performance. So bad that it was glaringly obvious that Reading sussed he was the weakness in the defence and at fault for their first two goals.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #1228 on: April 15, 2017, 09:18:24 PM »
I liked Amavi and really wanted to see him succeed with us however I have accepted that he is a one man incendiary device and needs to be isolated and transported to a safe place away from our club.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1229 on: April 15, 2017, 11:14:06 PM »
I liked Amavi and really wanted to see him succeed with us however I have accepted that he is a one man incendiary device and needs to be isolated and transported to a safe place away from our club.

Bomb disposal is a much better policy than bomb squad.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal