collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jordan Amavi - gone again  (Read 208770 times)

Offline Villafirst

Re: Jordan Amavi
« Reply #915 on: October 24, 2016, 07:45:44 PM »
His attitude is fine and he now appears to be working a bit harder.  However, for the life of me I do not see an £11 million player in him. Last season before his injury he performed fairly well up till the 75th minute mark after that it was like he'd been switched off. That might appear a bit harsh but I can only go by what I see. We need him to be very good and really prove his worth.  He should be the best full back in this league.

I think you'll find it was more like £8-9m. You simply can't fully judge the player yet after such a bad injury. He's got a lot of ability, it takes time to get up to full match fitness. Don't forget he's also got to get used to a virtual different set of players bar a few.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #916 on: October 24, 2016, 07:50:28 PM »
It must be close to a record, he's only started a dozen league games for us but has done so under 4 different managers.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #917 on: November 28, 2016, 12:54:42 PM »
Based on Saturday's evidence he seems to be getting back to the sort of form he showed before his injury last season.  I wish he'd get forward a bit more but I suspect that's more down to Bruce's instructions - it looks like he wants full backs to be defenders rather than the recent preference for them to be auxilliary wingers.

I do wish he'd stop spraying passes across our back four to whoever's playing right back though - you just know that sooner or later that's going to end in tears (and a goal conceded).
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 07:34:17 PM by Ad@m »

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #918 on: November 28, 2016, 02:12:03 PM »
All I ask for is that he defends better.
That's all I want from a defender - to defend

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #919 on: November 28, 2016, 02:14:24 PM »
Based on Saturday's evidence he seems to be getting back to the sort of form he showed before his injury last season.  I wish he'd get forward a bit more but I suspect that's more down to Bruce's instructions - it looks like he wants full backs to be defenders rather than the recent preference for them to be auxilliary wingers.

I do wish he'd stop spraying passes across our back four to whoever's playing right back - you just know that sooner or later that's going to end in tears (and a goal conceded).

He certainly got forward for the second goal though. Great work.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #920 on: November 28, 2016, 02:22:52 PM »
If Liverpool come calling in January he'll be out of B6 in the next Ferrari

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #921 on: November 28, 2016, 02:29:49 PM »
Depends on whether we keep the form up. If we look like good bets for promotion in January Amavi might stay until the end of the season. Then, provided we do go up, Dr X can impress Amavi with his awesome future plans.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #922 on: November 28, 2016, 02:40:44 PM »
If Liverpool come calling in January he'll be out of B6 in the next Ferrari

Yes obviously Bruce and Dr T would just roll over without a thought of how it might impact on us.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #923 on: November 28, 2016, 04:17:34 PM »
Lets be honest what would it take for us to sell a player who's just coming into form and cost what Amavi did, in the January window and when we're on full charge for promotion?  I reckon the answer is a much higher fee than anyone would be willing to offer so I'd be surprised if he goes anywhere.  I'd acutally be surprised if he even pushes for it, he's only just getting back to proper fitness and confidence after a very long injury, if he's got any thoughts of the long term I suspect he'll want to stay until at least the summer to see the recovery completed.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #924 on: November 28, 2016, 04:36:11 PM »
Quoted today as saying he's very happy and doesn't want to leave, so I'll take him at his word.  He's only gong to get better and better, but isn't yet at the level where a manager like Klopp is going to think he's what their title challenge requires.  I honestly think he'll be with us for ages, the spirit at B6 seems excellent now.

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #925 on: November 28, 2016, 04:38:46 PM »
Quoted today as saying he's very happy and doesn't want to leave, so I'll take him at his word.  He's only gong to get better and better, but isn't yet at the level where a manager like Klopp is going to think he's what their title challenge requires.  I honestly think he'll be with us for ages, the spirit at B6 seems excellent now.
Nice to hear him CHIME in, he's BANG in form.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #926 on: November 28, 2016, 04:52:35 PM »

I hadn't seen those specific quotes but that does line up with the stuff I read from him a couple of weeks ago which was all about making up for lost time and paying the club back for giving him a chance in the biggest league in the world and being so good with him when he got injured away with France.  He's always come across as a really good, down to earth lad that's why I just can't see him agitating for a move.  If we don't go up then maybe in the summer but not before.

Offline Old Kodjia

« Reply #927 on: November 28, 2016, 05:09:53 PM »
I think quotes of him joining Liverpool are a tad optimistic at this moment in time.

Only a few posts back, "in exile" stated that he wants him to defend better.  If he's not defending as well as we'd hope in this division, he won't get anywhere near the starting 11 of a side that is second in the Prem.

For me, he is beginning to put in some great performances, which is really encouraging, given his horrific injury and early season form.  I was not convinced with his defending last season but I appreciate that it was early days when the injury robbed him of the remainder of the season.  His ability to get forward is unquestionable.  I'm beginning to see a determination and resolution to his defending.  I'm really pleased for both him and for us as a club, as we are reaping the benefits.

When reading his comments, he seems very happy and content here.  if someone like Liverpool came in for him, it would be hard to begrudge him the opportunity.  personally, I still think he has a bit to do to reach that level and this definitely works in our favour.

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #928 on: November 28, 2016, 06:24:42 PM »
We don't have to sell nowadays.  He won't be going anywhere.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #929 on: November 28, 2016, 08:15:57 PM »
He's doing better every game

He's still a way off being good enough to go into the Liverpool team though

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal