collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:44 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:44 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:23:42 AM]

Re: FFP by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:10:34 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:38:48 AM]

Re: International Rugby by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:12:03 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by DeKuip
[Today at 12:01:20 AM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by Pat McMahon
[March 18, 2024, 11:47:36 PM]

Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match by olaftab
[March 18, 2024, 11:36:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 454543 times)

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
Re: Micah Richards - Released
« Reply #2685 on: February 24, 2021, 04:21:16 PM »
Just check which Villa players flew from Newcastle to the players' Christmas party and which ones came back to Villa Park on the team coach.  Not exactly Hercule Poirot levels of deduction.

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #2686 on: February 24, 2021, 06:33:57 PM »
I have no idea, and I’m not Poirot, so do tell.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2687 on: February 24, 2021, 08:24:57 PM »
And what part did Remi Garde play in the "No Frogs" players Christmas party organized by Richards, Agbonlahor, Guzan and the other francophobes after the Newcastle away game? 

Sorry just spotted this, I hope you don't think I was implying that in any way, I was just pointing out the comments from Gabby and Richards in the last year or so basically saying Sherwood was great and sacking him to bring in Garde is why we went down rather than any fault on the part of the senior players who all pretty much downed tools and refused to try to play how Garde wanted.

Garde did poorly for us but I feel sorry for him more than anything, we made a mess of the summer before we arrived, he was screwed over in the January window and his 'leaders' in the dressing room didn't give a fuck that we were going down.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #2688 on: February 24, 2021, 08:40:06 PM »
I still don't understand why the club let gormless Gabby in to VP last season to shoot a video about how much he disliked Garde.

Any manager that wasn't prepared to indulge him and give him a free ride was on his shit list, it seems.

Fair enough.

But the club allowing that sort of thing with VP as a backdrop suggests they endorse or give credence to his complaints in some way.

Whatever shortcomings Garde may have had, as a professional Gabby bears some responsibility for his own fitness. His condition was disgraceful that year, at least a stone or two overweight.  And that was pre Garde.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #2689 on: February 24, 2021, 09:55:50 PM »
A lot of them felt as they didn’t like their boss they thought they would stop working.  I don’t think I could do that in my job.  Treacherous behaviour from Gabby and Co.  still at least he was getting a good seeing to on the day we got relegated.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2690 on: February 24, 2021, 10:18:14 PM »
Micah Richards was a shambles of a footballer but I won't shed any tears over Remi Garde - with the exception of one French cup with Lyon he's been pretty disastrous throughout his managerial career.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #2691 on: February 24, 2021, 10:37:49 PM »
You think keeping Lyon in the top four of Ligue Un is disastrous?  Villa's treatment of Remi Garde was shameful.  No amount of rewriting his brief period of managing the club at a time of financial melt down and a dressing room full of shits will ever wipe the record clean.   I have very rarely been ashamed of the Villa but the way we treated Garde is on a par with only a couple of other shameful episodes in my years supporting the club.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #2692 on: February 24, 2021, 11:06:38 PM »
Imo Garde was set up to fail, thanks to the sh-ts in the dressing room and the sh-ts in charge of the club at the time. The lack of support he had as a manager was epitomised by the January transfer window. He may have turned out to be a good or bad manager, who knows, but he was badly let down by the decision makers and so-called pro footballers who disgraced AVFC.

Offline Allan C

« Reply #2693 on: February 25, 2021, 12:22:06 AM »
You think keeping Lyon in the top four of Ligue Un is disastrous?  Villa's treatment of Remi Garde was shameful.  No amount of rewriting his brief period of managing the club at a time of financial melt down and a dressing room full of shits will ever wipe the record clean.   I have very rarely been ashamed of the Villa but the way we treated Garde is on a par with only a couple of other shameful episodes in my years supporting the club.
Bang on Brian. Garde didn’t stand a chance

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2694 on: February 25, 2021, 09:37:33 AM »
completely agree, the word shameful is right.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2695 on: February 25, 2021, 10:11:51 AM »

I agree too. Well, 'shameful' is perhaps a bit strong but I thought we treated him pretty shabbily.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2696 on: February 25, 2021, 10:16:59 AM »
What wasn't shabby about the club at the time?

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #2697 on: February 25, 2021, 10:32:14 AM »
Spot on. A bad time for the club but it seems we tried to find someone to blame for it all and Mr Garde fell for it.
He was tricked by AVFC and for that I feel a bit grubby.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2698 on: February 25, 2021, 10:32:16 AM »
It does sound like he tried to change things too quickly instead of evaluating what he had here. The problem he had was he couldn’t really adapt to our squad and them to him and both were stuck with each other. He wasn’t then allowed to help himself in the transfer market either when it opened so he was pretty screwed really.

I’m pretty sure there was a massive amount of disrespect from the squad towards him, probably not to dissimilar to what Houllier had to put up with from Dunne, Collins and Warnock, however he had the funds to purchase Bent in January.

Offline BC Villain

« Reply #2699 on: February 25, 2021, 06:41:38 PM »
Imo Garde was set up to fail, thanks to the sh-ts in the dressing room and the sh-ts in charge of the club at the time. The lack of support he had as a manager was epitomised by the January transfer window. He may have turned out to be a good or bad manager, who knows, but he was badly let down by the decision makers and so-called pro footballers who disgraced AVFC.

Totally agree.  I honestly think if he'd have walked at the end of January then more would have sympathised with him.

He was lied to from the moment he walked through the door

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal