collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[Today at 11:28:45 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 460320 times)

Offline rob_bridge

Re: Micah Richards - Released
« Reply #2325 on: July 26, 2019, 09:10:43 PM »
So who is worse? A player who struggled with injury who with hindsight we shouldn’t have signed or his former teammate who struggled with Twitter and treated the club with contempt?

I am not on twitter and there are several others who treated the club with contempt.

See Lescott, J

Lescott behaviour didn't cost as much is the only saving grace. A few others to add to the list Steven Fucking Ireland, Gabby post 2014/15.... and all the dullards who paid these wasters 40-60k per week often over several years.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2326 on: July 26, 2019, 10:41:58 PM »
What would most people do in his position?
Return the wages?
Of course they wouldn’t.

The club will, I assume, have made a number of offers to pay him off and bearing in mind he was already very wealthy he could have moved on rather than take every penny.

You could assume that, but you'd be wrong.
We could not afford to take the contract hit so it was necessary to run down his contract.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #2327 on: July 26, 2019, 10:55:26 PM »
Reading the last few pages of this thread has changed my thinking a bit. He’s admitted he was injured in his last year or so at City. Fine, take a gamble on him coming good, but surely only a one year deal, two maximum. The club were bonkers to do that deal. Ah well, he’s gone now, to spread the message of his beloved Arsenal, erm I mean City. Jesus.

Offline ColinMac

• GM : 12.05.2021
« Reply #2328 on: July 26, 2019, 11:49:19 PM »
Remember watching him and Ishmael Miller playing for Man City reserve against Villa at Bescot , both of them were head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch, Richards looked a world beater at 18, was excited when he signed as thought he could still be a decent player for us, injuries caught up with him,I wish him well with his post football career.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #2329 on: July 27, 2019, 12:19:56 AM »
He knew he was way past his best when he signed. He knew he was still feeling the effects of injury and knew all this as he laughed his head off in disbelief doing his secret Santa. The only positive thing I could say about him is that he was marginally more effective for us than Ivo Stass. I wish him nothing with the rest of his career which is as much as he’s given us.

Offline ColinMac

• GM : 12.05.2021
« Reply #2330 on: July 27, 2019, 12:22:31 AM »
Was he supposed to sit around and be a miserable fucker?
He tried he couldn’t do it, he wanted to do it and couldn’t, Villa could have paid him off any time in the last 3 years and didn’t which suggest some pretty major fuck ups in our due diligence when we signed him.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #2331 on: July 27, 2019, 01:54:36 AM »
Massive fucking prick. He can do one. Don't give a fuck about the injury, contract, sob stories. He was useless.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #2332 on: July 27, 2019, 05:56:17 AM »
Massive fucking prick. He can do one. Don't give a fuck about the injury, contract, sob stories. He was useless.

I completely agree.

Online KRS

« Reply #2333 on: July 27, 2019, 07:14:33 AM »
It’s the clubs fault for signing him in full knowledge of his injury record, but this pretty much sums up Micah fuckin Richards:

parasite
/ˈparəsʌɪt/
noun: parasite; plural noun: parasites

an organism that lives in or on an organism of another species (its host) and benefits by deriving nutrients at the other's expense.
"the parasite attaches itself to the mouths of fishes"

DEROGATORY
a person who habitually relies on or exploits others and gives nothing in return.
"the capitalist is really a parasite on the workers"

disapproving
a person who is lazy and lives by other people working, giving them money, etc.:
“Financial speculators are parasites on the national economy.”

Wanker. Fuck right off.

Offline mr underhill

« Reply #2334 on: July 27, 2019, 07:19:16 AM »
Kelly and crew were talking about this last night on Talkshite. Needless to say they were talking shite.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #2335 on: July 27, 2019, 09:02:36 AM »
Was he supposed to sit around and be a miserable fucker?
He tried he couldn’t do it, he wanted to do it and couldn’t, Villa could have paid him off any time in the last 3 years and didn’t which suggest some pretty major fuck ups in our due diligence when we signed him.

Can't disagree about the mistakes we made when we signed him.  As we saw how close we were to the financial cliff-edge, we couldn't afford to take the single financial hit and had to defer the contractual payments as long as possible.

I don't think any of us know how hard he actually tried to get fit. He seemed to be carrying a lot of weight when he was playing for us compared with when he left Man City. Attitude plays a big part and, again, I do not know how he reacted to medical advice/fitness regime.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2336 on: July 27, 2019, 01:31:45 PM »
Micah on TS apologizing for his time at the club

https://twitter.com/talksport/status/1155090059097456640?s=12

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #2337 on: July 27, 2019, 07:22:08 PM »
The people that offered him that contract have gone, Richards has gone, close that negative chapter and lets focus on the positivity of moving forwards with the current squad and owners. I don't think those sort of mistakes will be repeated.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2338 on: July 28, 2019, 08:20:42 AM »
The people that offered him that contract have gone, Richards has gone, close that negative chapter and lets focus on the positivity of moving forwards with the current squad and owners. I don't think those sort of mistakes will be repeated.
Well said. Onwards and upwards for AVFC.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #2339 on: July 28, 2019, 08:34:08 AM »
Well said. Onwards and upwards for AVFC.

Couldn't agree more.  You win some and you lose some and looking at the positive side, for every Richards, there's a SJM.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal