collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Micah Richards - Released  (Read 458599 times)

Offline villan from luton

Re: Micah Richards signed
« Reply #465 on: July 18, 2015, 08:58:46 PM »
Delph made his own decision, yes he will have spoken to people, but it is his decision. Cannot understand the stick Richards is getting, as he said last week he had no influence on any decision and I am sure it is still the same.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #466 on: July 18, 2015, 09:04:12 PM »
I don't really care what Richards says to Delph about Man City. That's the sort of conversation that goes on between footballers all the time, it is no big deal.

What I am a bit bothered about is Richards and Delph talking about it to the press. Particularly Richards.
That is my main beef.
Does the club not have a policy about this? Is the manager ok with this ? Etc
I can't imagine a club like Chelsea or Yanited would ever let this shit happen

Many things happen at many clubs all the time that we reckon only happen at Villa.

That Roy Keane interview on MUTV being a particular example of an excellent PR fuck up, much worse that the current Richards faux pas.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #467 on: July 18, 2015, 09:05:00 PM »
I've probably mentioned too many times that I work in HR, to the extent that if someone else was saying it, it would get on my nerves. Reality is though, I hear conspiracy theories on an almost daily basis. My best work related experience of jumping to conclusions - an appeal hearing was postponed. One of the participants was convinced there were all sorts of Machiavellian reasons. The boring reality was one of the panel members had had a family bereavement.

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #468 on: July 18, 2015, 09:06:03 PM »
Isn't part of the deal with Sky etc to provide manager and players for interviews.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #469 on: July 18, 2015, 09:12:31 PM »
I don't really care what Richards says to Delph about Man City. That's the sort of conversation that goes on between footballers all the time, it is no big deal.

What I am a bit bothered about is Richards and Delph talking about it to the press. Particularly Richards.
That is my main beef.

Just say Sir Alex was our manager. Not so young Mr Richards would still be shaking in his boots after a few quiet well chosen words in his ear.

Yes the same Sir Alex who gave Rooney a shiny new contract despite being a monstrous twat.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #470 on: July 18, 2015, 09:16:11 PM »
I've probably mentioned too many times that I work in HR, to the extent that if someone else was saying it, it would get on my nerves. Reality is though, I hear conspiracy theories on an almost daily basis. My best work related experience of jumping to conclusions - an appeal hearing was postponed. One of the participants was convinced there were all sorts of Machiavellian reasons. The boring reality was one of the panel members had had a family bereavement.

Lizz, my partner works in HR and I don't equate what she's like and you are (judging by what I know of you from here) with the monsters people seem to deal with at their work places! I hear daily stories of what she has to deal with and I don't know how she stats so calm and understanding, especially having to live with me!

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #471 on: July 18, 2015, 09:16:33 PM »
Delph made his own decision, yes he will have spoken to people, but it is his decision. Cannot understand the stick Richards is getting, as he said last week he had no influence on any decision and I am sure it is still the same.

Of course it is his decision. But if you take a look at the comments, it isn't just a case of people being annoyed at Richards for talking to Delph about it.

It is Richards revealing it to the press.

They're two distinct arguments.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #472 on: July 18, 2015, 09:22:10 PM »

Of course it is his decision. But if you take a look at the comments, it isn't just a case of people being annoyed at Richards for talking to Delph about it.

As far as I know, the only quotes Richards has given about anything to anybody since he signed was at his club-organised press conference.

Delph saying to the press "Micah said this" has nothing to do with what Richards said ten days ago.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #473 on: July 18, 2015, 10:15:48 PM »
My take on this is that there was one interview where a he said something like:

"Yeah we spoke about Man City, I told him it's a great club and I loved it there but also that my place went away quite quickly because at a club like that if you're injured or out of form there's every possibility that you won't get another chance so if he's been assured he'll play and he believes it then it's a good move but if not it could cost him his England place.  Either way I'm not going to offer him any advice because if I tell him to go and he doesn't play he'll be on the phone having a go."

You can pick bits out of that which suggest he convinced him to stay and you can pick out bits that say the opposite but simply put it's a none answer that says Delph is a big boy and can make his own decisions.  That Delph and the press are shit stirring it to look different shouldn't mean we all start slagging Richards off, it's just a deflection and one we could really do without.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #474 on: July 18, 2015, 10:21:01 PM »

That is my main beef.

Just say Sir Alex was our manager. Not so young Mr Richards would still be shaking in his boots after a few quiet well chosen words in his ear.

Yes the same Sir Alex who gave Rooney a shiny new contract despite being a monstrous twat.
All relative . They retained their best player rather than be undermined ,  embarrassed and plundered. I hate Yanited as much as the next man but they are a well run club who don't take shite.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #475 on: July 18, 2015, 10:25:30 PM »

That is my main beef.

All relative . They retained their best player rather than be undermined ,  embarrassed and plundered. I hate Yanited as much as the next man but they are a well run club who don't take shite.

Being one of the biggest clubs in the world helps.

Online Dave

« Reply #476 on: July 18, 2015, 10:25:45 PM »
"Yeah we spoke about Man City, I told him it's a great club and I loved it there but also that my place went away quite quickly because at a club like that if you're injured or out of form there's every possibility that you won't get another chance so if he's been assured he'll play and he believes it then it's a good move but if not it could cost him his England place.  Either way I'm not going to offer him any advice because if I tell him to go and he doesn't play he'll be on the phone having a go."

You can pick bits out of that which suggest he convinced him to stay and you can pick out bits that say the opposite but simply put it's a none answer that says Delph is a big boy and can make his own decisions.
Obviously you're paraphrasing (I think you've got the gist right though), but to me his quote read as though he thought of a sensible, managed opinion that was respectful to them, us and Delph and that he knew it was going to probably be repeated and requoted and didn't want it to be a rod for his back.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #477 on: July 18, 2015, 10:27:31 PM »

You can pick bits out of that which suggest he convinced him to stay and you can pick out bits that say the opposite but simply put it's a none answer that says Delph is a big boy and can make his own decisions.
Obviously you're paraphrasing (I think you've got the gist right though), but to me his quote read as though he thought of a sensible, managed opinion that was respectful to them, us and Delph and that he knew it was going to probably be repeated and requoted and didn't want it to be a rod for his back.

Of course, I was just being lazy and didn't want to have to hunt down all the quoted snippets.  His twitter claims that it was nothing to do with him back this up as well.

Offline villan from luton

« Reply #478 on: July 18, 2015, 10:27:44 PM »

From what I have seen, Richards has not said anything to the press saying Delph should go. He said what a good club they are, but lets be honest, he knows more than most that not all excellent players will get a regular game.

Online Dave

« Reply #479 on: July 18, 2015, 10:35:56 PM »
Of course, I was just being lazy and didn't want to have to hunt down all the quoted snippets
I wouldn't worry, I think the actual quotes were very much in line with your summation.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal