collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Final - Travel & Parking  (Read 13268 times)

Offline JJ-AV

• GM : 26.07.2022
Re: The Final - Travel & Parking
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2015, 11:54:11 AM »
Harrow on the Hill. £1.50 for 24 hours parking for the semi (although that was a Sunday), £3.80 w/ Oyster card on the tube to Wembley, 2 stops, 10 minutes.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2015, 02:47:57 PM »
I've contested my £130 fine with Brent Council after the semi for entering a chequered box. I believe the box is illegal as the lines don't go right up to the kerb (legally they have to). Let's see if these wankers have the stomach for a fight.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2015, 02:50:45 PM »
I've contested my £130 fine with Brent Council after the semi for entering a chequered box. I believe the box is illegal as the lines don't go right up to the kerb (legally they have to). Let's see if these wankers have the stomach for a fight.

Why are they wankers when you broke the law and a box junction is so clearly marked?

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2015, 04:52:53 PM »

Why are they wankers when you broke the law and a box junction is so clearly marked?
Because it's an illegal box junction. Plus there were mitigating factors involving the vehicle in front of me.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2015, 05:14:09 PM »

Because it's an illegal box junction. Plus there were mitigating factors involving the vehicle in front of me.

Which I'm sure you will explain to them but that doesn't alter the fact that nobody with any sense goes into a box junction in London if the exit isn't clear.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2015, 05:25:34 PM »
Point is the exit was clear and I didn't actually stop, I was manoeuvring albeit slowly throughout the process.
It's all gone into a very long winded appeal.

Offline conman

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2015, 05:58:30 PM »
Point is the exit was clear and I didn't actually stop, I was manoeuvring albeit slowly throughout the process.
It's all gone into a very long winded appeal.
good
i wouldnt pay it if i was you

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2015, 07:57:08 PM »

Which I'm sure you will explain to them but that doesn't alter the fact that nobody with any sense goes into a box junction in London if the exit isn't clear.
Factor on top, we've just beaten liverpool in a SF at Wembley, adrenalin is gone through the roof, the car is bouncing with villa fans and I think you are one heartless b*****d to side with the thieving Robdogs of Brent council  ;)

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2015, 07:58:43 PM »

Factor on top, we've just beaten liverpool in a SF at Wembley, adrenalin is gone through the roof, the car is bouncing with villa fans and I think you are one heartless b*****d to side with the thieving Robdogs of Brent council  ;)

I'm not siding with them, just wondering why you'd do something so bloody daft. Driving in London is full of money traps like that.

Offline silhillvilla

« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2015, 08:01:39 PM »
Well it certainly wasn't intentional.

Anyway, fair warning to anyone else driving on 30th , beware the cameras etc.

Offline carl9368

« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 11:35:58 AM »
If your wheels were stationary at any time they got you

if you never stopped whether it be 1mph you will win

thats from personal experience anyway

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2015, 11:38:54 AM »
I was caught with a tiny bit of the back of my car overhanging a box junction in Putney a few years ago. No obstruction to any traffic coming the other way but still had to pay up. Fucking fuming still

Offline in exile

• GM : 22.07.2022
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2015, 04:30:42 PM »
Official parking website has us in Red car park and them in green .
Oh great...we are in Green Car Park (Blue Badge Parking)

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2015, 06:13:02 PM »
So now the tickets have been sorted time to organise getting there.
For the semi final we got a Virgin train from new street. That's looking like £60 return this time, then a taxi back to Tamworth. Don't fancy driving so any other recommendations? I know the official coaches are £30 return but I assume you can't have a beer on there?
All  help greatfully received.

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2015, 06:16:24 PM »
Just booked premier inn at Edgware.  (for the Saturday). Plan on painting London Claret & Blue sunday with my boys, should we lose then at least they will have their first visit to the Smoke as a softener!
Boy this is turning into one expensive weekend!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal