collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pubs For Wembley  (Read 15300 times)

Online shirley_villan

Re: Pubs For Wembley
« Reply #90 on: April 18, 2015, 01:00:17 AM »
****BREAKING NEWS - THERE ARE OTHER PUBS WITHIN TRAVELLING DISTANCE OF WEMBLEY****

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #91 on: April 18, 2015, 01:09:11 AM »
£16 for a 4pack of Carling. Mental.
£30 to park
£53 for a kids ticket

See the theme

Kids really shouldn't be drinking and driving

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2015, 01:20:21 AM »
I'm probably very boring, but pubs rammed to the seams with football fans aren't for me, I like to sit down, have a decent pint and a chat.  Which makes me sound old, I know, but there you are.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2015, 01:28:37 AM »
I'm probably very boring, but pubs rammed to the seams with football fans aren't for me, I like to sit down, have a decent pint and a chat.  Which makes me sound old, I know, but there you are.

Boring old fart!

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2015, 06:48:19 AM »
The only thing the Green man will have is atmosphere but so will 100's of other pubs.

You won't get near the bar unless you're the first one there, after that you'll be reduced to buying a crate of Warm Carling for anything between £60-£90 because the outside tents are so packed then standing around it while pissed up 15 years olds come up to you begging to buy them off you.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2015, 08:21:22 AM »
£4 a carling is most certainly a total rip off, but so is £3.70 a pint in The Holte End. I know a can is not a pint, but it is London, on a Wembley semi final day.

People want different things out of the day, people want different things out of pubs. For me, I won't enjoy a drink in a nice pub whilst my stomach is churning wondering how smoothly the tube journey will go, or exactly how far away we really are.

I want to know that I am there, within walking distance, in good time for kick off.

Last time we were there, we did get a couple of pints at the bar, then picked up a few cans in the car park, enjoyed meeting other Villa fans, and then headed down the hill well before any idiocy kicked off, and we had a great time. It'll be the same for many others, whilst remaining other people's idea of hell. It is what it is.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2015, 09:06:16 AM »
Any decent pubs in Ruislip?

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2015, 09:19:50 AM »
I agree with amfy, everyone to there own, I can do either rammed or quiet I might be a devil and mix it up a bit tomorrow

as for the cost, Wembley is a one off, and should be treated as such,
 before you go you know your gona get ripped off, lets face it we don't get there too often so if the price is an extra quid or so on a pint then so be it
I went to the 02 to see the great Barbara Streisand and payed £25 for a programme, why ? because it was a one off it wasn't going to happen again, its the price you have to pay

if your a bit worried about money just get yourselves on to Wonga/quickquid and borrow a bit go down have a ball,when you get back you will probably have about 10 years to pay it off before our next trip to Wembley, sorted

(this financial advice has been bought to you free of charge by john e associates)

Offline luke95

« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2015, 09:58:33 AM »
I agree with amfy, everyone to there own, I can do either rammed or quiet I might be a devil and mix it up a bit tomorrow

as for the cost, Wembley is a one off, and should be treated as such,
 before you go you know your gona get ripped off, lets face it we don't get there too often so if the price is an extra quid or so on a pint then so be it
I went to the 02 to see the great Barbara Streisand and payed £25 for a programme, why ? because it was a one off it wasn't going to happen again, its the price you have to pay

if your a bit worried about money just get yourselves on to Wonga/quickquid and borrow a bit go down have a ball,when you get back you will probably have about 10 years to pay it off before our next trip to Wembley, sorted

(this financial advice has been bought to you free of charge by john e associates)

Tomorrows is a one off ???
May as well just hand it to the scousers then .

Offline nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2015, 10:04:15 AM »

There was something on here or H and V fb page about a social club that was opening with free parking if you use their facilities and decent beer at about £3.30 a pint. Also doing food.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #100 on: April 18, 2015, 10:05:05 AM »
The only thing the Green man will have is atmosphere but so will 100's of other pubs.

You won't get near the bar unless you're the first one there, after that you'll be reduced to buying a crate of Warm Carling for anything between £60-£90 because the outside tents are so packed then standing around it while pissed up 15 years olds come up to you begging to buy them off you.
Sounds like a normal Sunday in the park then

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #101 on: April 18, 2015, 10:05:37 AM »
I will check it out, as I plan to get the tube in from there.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #102 on: April 18, 2015, 10:22:07 AM »
Do people generally do the US Super Bowl thing in the official car parks ?

Offline Kingthing

« Reply #103 on: April 18, 2015, 10:23:43 AM »

The tube is less than a 5 minute walk away from the Social club, there are 3 or 4 lions clubs heading there.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #104 on: April 18, 2015, 11:48:57 AM »
Do people generally do the US Super Bowl thing in the official car parks ?

Do you mean.....

"Will people be tailgating in the official car parks at Wembley?"

or

"Do people attending the Superbowl park in official car parks ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal