collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:45:09 PM]

FFP by Goldenballs
[Today at 03:44:29 PM]

Champions League Contention by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 03:44:01 PM]

Robin Olsen by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:41:03 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:34:52 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Drummond
[Today at 03:31:50 PM]

VAR by astonvilla82
[Today at 03:15:23 PM]

Official Website by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 02:50:07 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Hookeysmith
[Today at 03:45:09 PM]

Re: FFP by Goldenballs
[Today at 03:44:29 PM]

Re: FFP by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:44:21 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 03:44:01 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:41:03 PM]

Re: FFP by Ads
[Today at 03:35:39 PM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by ExclDawg
[Today at 03:34:52 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeS
[Today at 03:32:49 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Pubs For Wembley  (Read 15312 times)

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
Re: Pubs For Wembley
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2015, 03:24:20 PM »
The Volunteer was where the aforementioned Chelsea knobs had the temerity to try to wind up Damon. He utterly wiped the floor with them along the lines "listen, I remember when Bumstead was your best player" and proceeded to list the whole Chelsea team in which Bumstead played. Cop that, cockerney wankers.

And presumably they were stood there nonplussed as until John Lampard and Frank Terry signed for them they did not know Chelsea existed. When my Chelsea supporting mate starts giving it large Dave Mitchell is my favourite former Chelsea player to bring into the conversation.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:34:02 PM by Richard E »

Offline conman

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2015, 05:19:15 PM »
Any news on what we have been given.Or any suggestions for boozas on the outskirts of wembley.

i would suggest 8 cans of white lightening or frosty jack 7.5% volume
 chilled ones out the fridge in the shop
there are loads of small shops selling them by wembley stadium station or where the greyhound used to be
you know it makes sense
whats the point in waiting up the bar 6 deep with people pushing in and dopey barstaff
i know there is suposed to be a drinking ban on the street
but about 40 thousand people will be doing it
and i hope to find a good chip shop
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 05:28:22 PM by conman »

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2015, 05:22:27 PM »
Everyone will be drinking in the car parks with shop-bought booze.  Isn't it always the case? 

Offline class-of-82

• GM : 05.04.2015
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2015, 06:09:52 PM »
For pRking folks you ever considered Westfield Shepherd's Bush £8 all day central line to bond St then jubilee line up to Wembley when you get back to the car you go under the North circular and straight up to the m40

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2015, 06:11:06 PM »
If you mean.....

THIS

You should be able to get down the path when you arrive but check the signs. I've seen that shortcut blocked off close to game time and after matches

That's the one - will be on the 12:30 train hopefully
Not too bothered about being "ambushed" having survived Stanley Park in '77 ;-)

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2015, 06:19:08 PM »
I considered it but decided to stay over and get ratted after we win.

Offline silhillvilla

• GM : Dec, 2014
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2015, 07:44:13 PM »
Never tried the yellow car park. Is it really that user friendly ?

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2015, 11:45:49 PM »
For pRking folks you ever considered Westfield Shepherd's Bush £8 all day central line to bond St then jubilee line up to Wembley when you get back to the car you go under the North circular and straight up to the m40

Central line closed this weekend from Queensway to white city or similar. Better bet would be to park for free on a side st near Loftus Rd ( free on Sunday) and get Hammersmith and City line from Shepherds Bush Market to Baker St.

After the game drive north from Loftus rd 400m and you are directly on the A40/M40 home.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2015, 11:37:43 AM »

Central line closed this weekend from Queensway to white city or similar. Better bet would be to park for free on a side st near Loftus Rd ( free on Sunday) and get Hammersmith and City line from Shepherds Bush Market to Baker St.

After the game drive north from Loftus rd 400m and you are directly on the A40/M40 home.

I did consider Westfield (I have 'Express Parking' there, I'll have you know :) ). I parked there last Friday, stayed at the Dorsett and used the Tube to get to Spurs.

However, as stated above, the Central Line is closed around that area this weekend**. Hence I'm driving.

(** TFL - CENTRAL LINE: Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 April, no service between North Acton and Queensway. This is to allow for track and drainage replacement work at White City. )

Also, if you did park in the Shepherd's Bush area and then head out on the A40. That'll land you straight back into the Wembley traffic around Hanger Lane.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 11:40:58 AM by UK Redsox »

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2015, 11:39:58 AM »
Never tried the yellow car park. Is it really that user friendly ?

Yes.

However, after all the praise I've been giving it, its bound to snarl up on Sunday.

Just remember after the game not to head towards the North Circular or the A40 close to Hanger Lane.

I go in/out through Sudbury/Harrow, leaving/rejoining the A40 at Greenford.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 11:41:31 AM by UK Redsox »

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2015, 11:46:22 AM »
How difficult would it be to use the travel thread for travel queries and keep this one for pubs?

Online rob_bridge

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2015, 12:07:19 PM »
The Volunteer was where the aforementioned Chelsea knobs had the temerity to try to wind up Damon. He utterly wiped the floor with them along the lines "listen, I remember when Bumstead was your best player" and proceeded to list the whole Chelsea team in which Bumstead played. Cop that, cockerney wankers.

And presumably they were stood there nonplussed as until John Lampard and Frank Terry signed for them they did not know Chelsea existed. When my Chelsea supporting mate starts giving it large Dave Mitchell is my favourite former Chelsea player to bring into the conversation.

I have a Southend supporting mate who like any fine minded football fan utterly despises Chelsea. He had a new work colleague start around about the time we played them in Cup Final.

He said to this guy 'John - do you remember when Stamford Bridge was a right shit hole. I mean it even had a car park inside the ground?'

This John chap said 'No. That wasn't what Stamford Bridge is like or was ever like.' He then admitted his first game was about 5 years previously but continued to deny the cars parked by the side of the pitch.

My mate carried on ribbing him continuously about it and Chelsea John, a pejorative nickname I have for him which has since subsequently stuck, said after a few weeks
'Steve - you've never been to Stamford Bridge so how would you know what it looked like 10 years ago?'
My mate responded ' John, I've never been to Sydney but I know what the Opera House looks like.'

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2015, 12:27:14 PM »
How difficult would it be to use the travel thread for travel queries and keep this one for pubs?

We're just getting excited ;-)

Offline andyaston

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2015, 04:16:40 PM »
Well, I was considering Harrow as I'm staying overnight in Uxbridge and getting the tube down on the day and Harrow is on the way but, I've not received any feedback so I might just have a few in Uxbridge and go from there. As good an idea it is, drinking from an off license and hanging about a car park is not what I want to do especially as suggested buying 8 Frosty Jacks, blimey i'll not remember my name after that!!

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2015, 04:52:05 PM »

Green Man for me every time. Great atmosphere.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal