collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alan McInally  (Read 9695 times)

Offline Damo70

Re: Alan McInally
« Reply #60 on: April 25, 2015, 11:19:09 AM »
I don't agree that he only did well for 4 months as he was an important part of the 2nd division team that went up after his arrival. Was Shrewsbury away his debut? Or when the My old man song started? Anyway, he scored then and didn't he score a few around that time? Yeah, I recall him having a good spell in Div 2 and then was on fire at the start of the season in Div 1. Fizzled out, as did the whole side, after Christmas though.

He scored 4 in 26 in Division 2. His debut was a month before the Shrewsbury game and he didn't score.

Thought he scored in front of the away fans. I've no idea which game I'm thinking about then.

His first goal was away at Oldham in the November. I remembered that as I was there. I couldn't remember when his delayed debut was. I was guessing around November but I looked it up and it was at home to Blackburn at the end of September. He scored on his ninth appearance and got four goals in 26 games the season we went up. I was surprised as I thought he had scored more than that.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal