collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Robin Olsen by VillaTim
[Today at 06:06:28 PM]

Re: Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:03:09 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:02:31 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hookeysmith
[Today at 06:02:17 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by David_Nab
[Today at 06:01:38 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 05:57:58 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:55:21 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Skerra
[Today at 05:54:21 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Please email Tom Fox if you feel the current situation is unacceptable  (Read 43648 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Please email Tom Fox if you feel the current situation is unacceptable
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2015, 05:15:29 PM »
I have no idea if it's true but a bloke who's mates with my colleague's witch-doctor just told me Lerner is a member of a Satanic cult and intends to turn Villa Park into a Beelzebub Theme Park.

Offline dalians umbrella

« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2015, 05:25:00 PM »
I have no idea if it's true but a bloke who's mates with my colleague's witch-doctor just told me Lerner is a member of a Satanic cult and intends to turn Villa Park into a Beelzebub Theme Park.

with links to the Belfry.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2015, 05:41:56 PM »
I can confirm he has no links to the Tuttle Foundation.

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2015, 05:44:02 PM »

Birmingham has the third highest number of Satanists in the country according to the most recent census figures.

Linky

"Obviously I couldn't make it to the match today, Tom, as I was sacrificing a virgin to the Dark Lord."

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2015, 06:27:36 PM »
I emailed Tom Fox recently:
Hi Tom,
Do you want to be remembered as the guy who oversaw Villa’s first relegation in 27 years? I hope not, and loyal supporters do not want to see it either. I have witnessed 3 relegations in my time as a fan (as well as experiencing the winning all of the major club trophies bar one) and – whereas previously the gap between the tiers was relatively slight – the drop now would be disastrous (not least for the Chairman, whose investment would look even less attractive to would-be buyers than it currently does).
Given that it is unlikely that you would sack Mr Lambert at this time (despite his appalling and worsening record), the solution appears to me to be the rapid acquisition of some decent coaches. It is obvious that whilst Mr Lambert does have some valuable qualities (scouting and selecting new recruits for example) the real need now is for better coaching and tactics; something which our current manager has regularly demonstrated he is deficient in. The team needs to be ‘re-chipped’ – and fast! – in all aspects of the game. What is being done to achieve this?

We need to act now: 11 goals in 23 Premiership games is unacceptable (unbelievable) and does not suggest any escape from relegation. Doing the same as we have been doing to date will lead to disaster.

I don't expect an answer but we have tovoice our opinion at every juncture.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2015, 06:28:43 PM »
I'd add that the AVST has its AGM on February 19th when Tom Fox will appear.
We should gather as many people as possible to be there to voice their concerns and challenge him for the solutions.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2015, 06:38:39 PM »
Sorry to piss on the bonfire lads, but does anyone think there's a chance he'll even see these emails? He'll have a PA deleting these faster than shit off a shovel.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2015, 06:40:16 PM »
Agreed. You need to be a paid up member first though. And whilst there is an opportunity to make Fox uncomfortable we can't have people screaming random obscenities at him either.

Pay your money, sign up, come along, see the cut of his gib. Just don't expect The Trust to cut all ties with the club in an anger fuelled arm wrestle. That isn't it's purpose.

It isn't there to be a patsy for the club either. Expect carefully crafted, difficult questions for Tom to start and we will see what happens after when he is sweating and it is opened to the floor...

As I am on my recruiting soapbox, it is Your Club and Your Voice!

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2015, 06:44:15 PM »
Sorry to piss on the bonfire lads, but does anyone think there's a chance he'll even see these emails? He'll have a PA deleting these faster than shit off a shovel.

its the dripping tap effect
a lot of things have happened in this world as people have stood by and said there's no point

Offline Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle

• GM : 06.07.2024
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2015, 06:49:14 PM »
I've just had this reply:

Hi music lover,
Soz dude, but due to the size of my following, I am unable to personally respond to your query.
But hey, that's show biz for ya!
Here's a signed pic,

Foxy x x x

Offline Ron Manager

• GM : 03.04.2016
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2015, 06:55:38 PM »
Hi Tom,
Do you want to be remembered as the guy who oversaw Villa’s first relegation in 27 years? I hope not, and loyal supporters do not want to see it either. I have witnessed 3 relegations in my time as a fan (as well as experiencing the winning all of the major club trophies bar one) and – whereas previously the gap between the tiers was relatively slight – the drop now would be disastrous (not least for the Chairman, whose investment would look even less attractive to would-be buyers than it currently does).
Given that it is unlikely that you would sack Mr Lambert at this time (despite his appalling and worsening record), the solution appears to me to be the rapid acquisition of some decent coaches. It is obvious that whilst Mr Lambert does have some valuable qualities (scouting and selecting new recruits for example) the real need now is for better coaching and tactics; something which our current manager has regularly demonstrated he is deficient in. The team needs to be ‘re-chipped’ – and fast! – in all aspects of the game. What is being done to achieve this?

We need to act now: 11 goals in 23 Premiership games is unacceptable (unbelievable) and does not suggest any escape from relegation. Doing the same as we have been doing to date will lead to disaster.

That is a most eloquent letter my friend. Well done.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2015, 07:02:15 PM »
Hi Tom,

That is a most eloquent letter my friend. Well done.

It is but the thought of coaches coming in to prop up the most inept manager in an effort to keep the status quo makes me feel sick.
It's beyond ridiculous that Lambert is still in a job. It's pathetic. There is no other football chairman/CEO in the country that would have allowed this situation to escalate to such a state, not even Carson Yeung and he's bloody locked up in a jail in China.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 07:06:18 PM by The Sound of Villadelphia »

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2015, 07:07:38 PM »
As if 11 goals in 23 games isn't bad enough, 12 points from the last 19 games is horrific - certain relegation form. Players seem confused and bereft of any confidence - they make so many bad passes in particular. The owner, CEO and Manager are in total denial of the situation. A disgrace!

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #58 on: February 03, 2015, 07:08:48 PM »
Email sent, very respectful. I ask him to galvanise the club, fans and probably the players by changing the manager. Send as many emails and hope for the best I guess.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #59 on: February 03, 2015, 07:26:13 PM »
The only guaranteed way for businesses to take notice of their customers is when their customers stop becoming customers. Villa are fairly confident that their customers will continue to turn up so they are not going to change anything.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal