collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by MalcolmP
[Today at 11:29:40 PM]

Villa Dreams and Superstitions by Deano's Mullet
[Today at 11:18:42 PM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:09:02 PM]

NSWE Investment by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:57:51 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by Dogtanian
[Today at 10:55:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Bad English
[Today at 10:33:57 PM]

Claret membership by Bad English
[Today at 10:33:08 PM]

Fan Voted Player of the Year by trinityoap
[Today at 10:32:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Collymore says....  (Read 14049 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Collymore says....
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2015, 12:05:26 AM »
Double checked and it was 95/96. Him and Fowler scored in a 2-0 win for them.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2015, 08:51:30 AM »

I remember that goal. Bloke next to me said. 'Piss off Collymore. You won't beat Bozzie from there.'

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2015, 06:42:07 PM »
We should pay no interest to what this total idiot has to say ......... he was the biggest waster our club has possibly ever seen - he is just publicity mad but when people take issue with him he plays the racist card - basically not a nice guy

Offline somec

• GM : 01.08.2020
« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2015, 08:03:57 PM »

I remember going to that game, twice!

It was originally scheduled for boxing day but was called off very close to kick off.

Was then played on a Wednesday night a few weeks later.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 08:05:40 PM by somec »

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2015, 09:55:40 PM »

It was originally scheduled for boxing day but was called off very close to kick off.

Was that the Boxing Day game called off due to bad weather, which with the exception of B6, most of Birmingham wasn't affected by? Or am I imagining things? Just got it in my head that a game was called off for safety reasons that also coincided with some Ellis out protests. Could be age playing tricks on my memory.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2015, 09:57:57 PM »

Was that the Boxing Day game called off due to bad weather, which with the exception of B6, most of Birmingham wasn't affected by? Or am I imagining things? Just got it in my head that a game was called off for safety reasons that also coincided with some Ellis out protests. Could be age playing tricks on my memory.

It was Boxing Day but it was off because of a frozen pitch. The match that was off conveniently when protests were due was at Christmas 2000, when it snowed a couple of days before we were due to play Leicester and it was postponed between the second and third flakes falling, two days before if I remember. 

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2015, 09:58:55 PM »
Which year was it when the game was called off just as the Liverpool coaches started to arrive?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2015, 10:00:29 PM »
Which year was it when the game was called off just as the Liverpool coaches started to arrive?

1995-96.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2015, 12:37:26 PM »

1995-96.

I remember being in the car with my dad, and driving through Kingsbury when I heard the game had been called off.  Stanley did score two lovely goals for us in Gregory's first game against Liverpool.  He went nuts in the celebrations.  Might also been the game when he accused Steve Harkness of racial abuse.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2015, 01:31:54 PM »

1995-96.

I remember being in the car with my dad, and driving through Kingsbury when I heard the game had been called off.  Stanley did score two lovely goals for us in Gregory's first game against Liverpool.  He went nuts in the celebrations.  Might also been the game when he accused Steve Harkness of racial abuse.

Yes it was. One of the 5 or so good ones he had for us.

Waste of space in a Villa shirt - never ever got the fans' love in for him

Offline SO Villa

« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2015, 04:12:38 PM »
I find Collymore's new-found 'love' for the club very hard to stomach given his pathetic performances in a Villa shirt.

Offline Diablo

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2015, 08:43:02 AM »
I find Collymore's new-found 'love' for the club very hard to stomach given his pathetic performances in a Villa shirt.

I can see why you feel like that but to be fair to Collymore I don't think his is a new-found love. Collymore is an intelligent man who wasn't well when he played for us. I'm pretty sure he wishes things had been different during that time. He's made plenty of mistakes (which I'm not about to defend) but in my opinion he's also done some really brave and commendable things like speaking about depression and highlighting and confronting racism. He's definitely a complex character and I can understand how he divides and provokes opinion. Now David Cameron on the other hand... I would say has an imaginary new-found love... (cue a 12 page thread) ;-)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2015, 09:54:29 AM »
We should pay no interest to what this total idiot has to say ......... he was the biggest waster our club has possibly ever seen - he is just publicity mad but when people take issue with him he plays the racist card - basically not a nice guy

Any examples of him 'playing the racist card' before someone played it on him? Only I know someone who was called 'n***** bitch' by a neighbour and when she reported it was accused of 'playing the race card'.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2015, 01:17:30 PM »
I like Stan but in his newspaper column a few weeks back he said he'd scored for Liverpool infront of the Holte End (did he?) and he scored for Villa infront of the Kop (did he balls) so he does like to bend the truth on occasions to get a bit more publicity.

He scored at the Holte End for them and fucking loved it. Anyone who remembers his goal celebration against Albion in front of their fans in the North Stand, that's what the cockwomble did to us on The Holte.

Which season was that?

95/96 I think.

Midweek game, 2-0 them.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2015, 02:22:05 PM »

Any examples of him 'playing the racist card' before someone played it on him? Only I know someone who was called 'n***** bitch' by a neighbour and when she reported it was accused of 'playing the race card'.

Good question. SVC has done some reprehensible things which have been well documented but he has never "played the race card" as far I can see.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal