collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carles Gil - loaned out again  (Read 192096 times)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Re: Carles Gil
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2015, 07:57:01 PM »
This worries me a little.

David Cartlidge
‏@davidjaca
Further details on Carles Gil deal. Valencia retains an option to buyback of around €12m, as well as 10% of any future sale.

If true, and it ever gets to that point he'll have done really well with us. Hopefully by that stage we'll have identified the next Gil.

The only way it is a worry is if he is the next Messi. Otherwise i'm not going to worry that a club can buy him back for 3x what we paid as TV says, he will have had to have played very well for us.

Next Messi?

Not really. We're talking about someone having an option at £9m or so, when we're paying £3-4m for him in the first place. It strikes me as a bit shortsighted.

As long as they get the right players, I'll forgive them erring a little on any deal. Besides, the but back clause may have what has persuaded them to do the deal right now, and by God our needs are pressing.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2015, 07:57:14 PM »
Arsenal had one on Fabregas, loads of Spanish clubs like Barcelona and Madrid do it for their young players.

The problem here is patience and time is needed for him and we haven't got it.

Think to Sanchez's performances in September compared to December, you need a good few months to pick up the pace here properly so that will be an issue.

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2015, 07:57:38 PM »
We could sign Pele and we'd still be dross whilst that clueless fool is still manager.

The only thing that will excite me this transfer window is when he gets the sack.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2015, 07:57:44 PM »

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2015, 07:57:57 PM »
I want to be enthusiastic about it, I really do...but I can't for a couple of reasons:

1 - why has he joined us? If he was any good, would somebody else not have signed him?
2 - Lambert doesn't really have a good record when signing players

However, hopefully I'm talking complete shit and being the complete pessimist. Here's to the next Messi joining Villa!

You could apply 1 to Okore, Beneteke, Sanchez and Vlaar. If they were any good how come it was us that signed them?

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2015, 08:00:54 PM »
And how does it show Lambert having a bad record at signing players?

Offline Summers

« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2015, 08:01:05 PM »
Very happy with this, he's easily better than any other attacking/wide option we have.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2015, 08:01:46 PM »
We could sign Pele and we'd still be dross whilst that clueless fool is still manager.

The only thing that will excite me this transfer window is when he gets the sack.

I fear Pele's best years are probably behind him.

Offline Can Gana Be Bettered!?!?

« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2015, 08:02:09 PM »
I want to be enthusiastic about it, I really do...but I can't for a couple of reasons:

1 - why has he joined us? If he was any good, would somebody else not have signed him?

However, hopefully I'm talking complete shit and being the complete pessimist. Here's to the next Messi joining Villa!

You could apply 1 to Okore, Beneteke, Sanchez and Vlaar. If they were any good how come it was us that signed them?

Okore and Sanchez can't claim to have achieved genius yet. Even Luna looked good for a while.

As for Benteke and Vlaar, Benteke came as it's a step up from Belgium and Vlaar came to sign for an English top 4 club, hopefully using us a stepping stone to get there.

Offline eric woolban woolban

« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2015, 08:02:57 PM »

I fear Pele's best years are probably behind him.
But he'd still become our leading goalscorer.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2015, 08:04:57 PM »
You didn't mention genius, just if they were any good. All 4 are pretty good. And signed for us. Or don't you think Okore (who turned down Chelsea to join us) and Sanchez are any good?

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2015, 08:07:57 PM »

Okore and Sanchez can't claim to have achieved genius yet. Even Luna looked good for a while.

As for Benteke and Vlaar, Benteke came as it's a step up from Belgium and Vlaar came to sign for an English top 4 club, hopefully using us a stepping stone to get there.

So your reasoning is, any player who signs for us can't be any good?

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2015, 08:11:11 PM »
#PrayForGoals

#theresnoneedtousehashtagsonhere

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2015, 08:12:47 PM »
I'm glad another player is coming in and he does look quite handy, but we don't play anywhere near the kind of football that those video's showed.

I've long thought that a 'number 10' type player who can find space in the final third might just be the player who could change things for us.  The likes of Westwood and Sanchez have the ability to make those passes, it's just that there is normally noone there. 

Offline old man villa fan

« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2015, 08:13:29 PM »
I'm glad another player is coming in and he does look quite handy, but we don't play anywhere near the kind of football that those video's showed.

Quite right.  We have just changed our style to a very slow possession game with very little movement.  What I saw in the YouTube clip was a fast paced game with plenty of space and players running off the ball.  I wonder what he will be like with PL defenders tight on him by the time the ball gets to him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal