collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by OCD
[Today at 10:45:12 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by OCD
[Today at 10:40:29 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Risso
[Today at 10:40:09 AM]

Re: GUESS THE CROWD R27; Europa Conf🏆SF VILLA v Olympiacos, Thurs 2nd May!🥧 by Rotterdam
[Today at 10:35:10 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PaulWinch again
[Today at 10:31:59 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Dave
[Today at 10:27:30 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by paul_e
[Today at 10:25:46 AM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 10:24:40 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Blackpool Post-Match Thread  (Read 37855 times)

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Blackpool Post-Match Thread
« Reply #255 on: January 05, 2015, 10:34:36 PM »
And Lambert has always, consistently, said that the team need to give the fans something to shout about.

The fans' response has been slow in coming but is exactly in line with his own beliefs.
Apparently.

Offline peter w

« Reply #256 on: January 06, 2015, 12:07:55 AM »
Thing is we know that Lerner doesn't want to get rid of Lambert. So, the only way we can at least show that this really isn't all right is to boo. I'm not a booer but I'm happy to hear it if it forces Lerner's hand. I don't like booing the team but how else do we get across our dissatisfaction?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #257 on: January 06, 2015, 07:27:00 AM »
As has been pointed out the booing is a means to an end. It gets picked up by the media and gets across the Atlantic to the owner, the single person who can take sufficiently radical action to halt our slide. The last two weeks has seen a massive change in attitude by the media towards Lambert albeit fifteen months overdue. Lambert has been Lerner's human shield kept in place to distance the owner from the consequences of his own mistakes.
As for Paulie's observations about contrasting fan behaviour patterns the Holte is where I started and it is where I shall finish, shouting and bouncing up and down and shouting myself hoarse and growing old as disgracefully as possible. Never seen the point of behaving any differently.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #258 on: January 06, 2015, 08:08:54 AM »
As for Paulie's observations about contrasting fan behaviour patterns the Holte is where I started and it is where I shall finish, shouting and bouncing up and down and shouting myself hoarse and growing old as disgracefully as possible. Never seen the point of behaving any differently.

I have always been a Holte Ender even if I have occasional forays into what is the human jungle of the Upper Trinity - I go to sing and shout and act like a kid - I go in K3 or K4 s that is where people tend to act in the same way - standing during the match is sometimes a problem as my 55 year old spine often complains but I still prefer it.

At no point have I ever gone with the intention of booing the Villa - if people think doing this during the match makes them play worse then they haven't been watching very closely for most of Lambert's tenure as they play the same whatever we do.

Vivre la Revolution!

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #259 on: January 06, 2015, 09:15:48 AM »
And Lambert has always, consistently, said that the team need to give the fans something to shout about.

The fans' response has been slow in coming but is exactly in line with his own beliefs.
Apparently.

It would be nice to see the press start to hold him against the inconsistencies with this sort of statement and the "statistics don't matter" statements against what he's now coming out with.

As he's not Moanrinho or Ferguson they might just do it instead of blowing smoke up his ass.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal