collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The January 2015 Transfer Rumour Thread  (Read 384356 times)

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
Re: The January 2015 Transfer Rumour Thread
« Reply #1785 on: January 31, 2015, 12:40:51 PM »
I'm going for Shola Ameobi.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #1786 on: January 31, 2015, 12:41:46 PM »
But I already told you, I don't know of names. What I do know though is that you get what you pay for in life. I've said that many many times. The bargain basement shit is what has got us into this mess in the first place. We need to spend money, not scraping the bottom of the barrel with loans.

These days £5m for a striker is bargain basement though i'd have thought? I'd love another striker coming in but it will take some doing to find a decent one for that money is the point i'm trying to make.

I'd love us to spend £8m or so on Ba but Lerner just ain't gonna part with that kind of cash anymore.
I know it's early days but Gil looks decent and we spent a few million on him. What I'm saying is that you can pick up a good player for 5 or so million so by not give it a go?

We have.

It isn't enough.

Well we haven't got the money to do it more than we'd like unfortunately, so it's something you're just going to have to get used to.

That's a very defeatist attitude. Randy's worked his magic on you that's for sure.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1787 on: January 31, 2015, 12:42:32 PM »
But I already told you, I don't know of names. What I do know though is that you get what you pay for in life. I've said that many many times. The bargain basement shit is what has got us into this mess in the first place. We need to spend money, not scraping the bottom of the barrel with loans.

These days £5m for a striker is bargain basement though i'd have thought? I'd love another striker coming in but it will take some doing to find a decent one for that money is the point i'm trying to make.

I'd love us to spend £8m or so on Ba but Lerner just ain't gonna part with that kind of cash anymore.
I know it's early days but Gil looks decent and we spent a few million on him. What I'm saying is that you can pick up a good player for 5 or so million so by not give it a go?

We have.

It isn't enough.

Well we haven't got the money to do it more than we'd like unfortunately, so it's something you're just going to have to get used to.

That's a very defeatist attitude. Randy's worked his magic on you that's for sure.

A realistic attitude, not a defeatist one.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #1788 on: January 31, 2015, 12:43:03 PM »
We still haven't named the mystery five million pound miracle man.

As I've said before I'm not a Villa scout. It'd be nice to think we have one or two though!

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #1789 on: January 31, 2015, 12:43:54 PM »

We have.

It isn't enough.

Since when were football fans pragmatic?
Jeez!

Online Clampy

« Reply #1790 on: January 31, 2015, 12:45:14 PM »

As I've said before I'm not a Villa scout. It'd be nice to think we have one or two though!

Well considering Gil, Okore, Sanchez and Kozak are among our last few foreign imports, it would suggest we do.

Online Clampy

« Reply #1791 on: January 31, 2015, 12:46:13 PM »

We have.

It isn't enough.

Jeez!

You seem to have trouble with people not wanting to think that Lerner is a bad nasty man. Jeez.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #1792 on: January 31, 2015, 12:47:01 PM »

Well considering Gil, Okore, Sanchez and Kozak are among our last few foreign imports, it would suggest we do.

Well exactly! Perhaps they could come up with a decent striker for approx £5m?
Or shall we look to cheap loan market instead?

Online Clampy

« Reply #1793 on: January 31, 2015, 12:48:08 PM »

Yeah, why not. We've saved a fortune on Cleverley not buying him.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #1794 on: January 31, 2015, 12:48:33 PM »

We have.

It isn't enough.

Jeez!

You seem to have trouble with people not wanting to think that Lerner is a bad nasty man. Jeez.

And you have a problem with people who criticise him. I'm sure he's absolutely delighted he has you to fight his corner while his penny pinching turns us into perennial relegation strugglers!

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #1795 on: January 31, 2015, 12:50:01 PM »

Saving money seems to be the only important thing at the Villa under Lerner.

Online Clampy

« Reply #1796 on: January 31, 2015, 12:50:59 PM »

We have.

It isn't enough.

Jeez!

And you have a problem with people who criticise him. I'm sure he's absolutely delighted he has you to fight his corner while his penny pinching turns us into perennial relegation strugglers!

No I don't, you're entitled to your opinion. I just disagree with you, that is allowed.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1797 on: January 31, 2015, 12:51:45 PM »
Every time there's a quotathon a kitten dies :(

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #1798 on: January 31, 2015, 12:52:17 PM »
And vice verse.

Online Clampy

« Reply #1799 on: January 31, 2015, 12:52:41 PM »

Saving money seems to be the only important thing at the Villa under Lerner.

Talking about saving money,  you may need to invest in some 'L E R N E R'  letters for your keyboard, they must be wearing out by now.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal