collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Leyton Orient Match Thread  (Read 22880 times)

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
Re: Aston Villa v Leyton Orient Match Thread
« Reply #240 on: August 27, 2014, 10:01:34 PM »
No real investment in this window...this is the result of Lerner's policy of trying to do it on the cheap! Just £15-20M on the right signings would sort this....

Shouldn't need another 15-20m to have beaten Leyton Orient.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #241 on: August 27, 2014, 10:02:06 PM »
Fuck it, id rather Keane be in charge until were sold than put up with this clown for the next 5-9 months

Offline Yossarian

• GM : June, 2013
« Reply #242 on: August 27, 2014, 10:02:08 PM »
And yet Lambert still has his supporters. I just can't work out why for the life of me. He's brought nothing but embarrassment to this club.

Can't even laugh at Man Utd's result now  >:(

I think even on here they had all but disappeared by the end of last season. It was a long long time coming though and there is bound to be someone who still wants to give him to Christmas

I read in another thread just a couple of days ago that someone was glad he was still here. was still clinging to the notion that he would turn things around. It was the same in a match thread on the Guardian.

Not sure what it is about Lambert that means he's given more chances than pretty much any other boss we've had but it just boggles my mind.

Because getting rid of Lambert would mean that Lerner would give the job to Lee Clark or someone of that ilk.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2014, 10:02:21 PM »
Our manager is useless and we can't get rid until the owner, who has completely lost interest and wants out, sells the club. And he can't sell the club. It's not looking good is it?

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #244 on: August 27, 2014, 10:02:25 PM »
Sunday looks well set to have one goal in it. I was hopeful. Now I'm not. I can see Dawson blocking out any minor threat we have and then nicking one

And then a godawful run of games

To be fair it did sound like we created quite a lot of chances. I hope at least this game will stop people calling for Darren bent to start. Or joe cole.

Offline enigma

« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2014, 10:03:17 PM »
Looking on the bright side, going out of the cups early would mean being able to concentrate on survival which is imperative if we want to get rid of Lerner quickly. If we get relegated we'll probably be stuck with Lerner for even longer and trying to then get promoted on the cheap.

I realise I'm clutching at straws in order to take a positive out of this but there you go...

Online curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #246 on: August 27, 2014, 10:04:14 PM »
He's such a damp squib of a manager. There's no planning, no reacting to events, no aggression against very obvious weaknesses. Lambert puts a team on the pitch, and then they just play however they like. I must have said this before, but what the hell does he do?

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #247 on: August 27, 2014, 10:12:38 PM »
There is absolutely no bright side to going out of the cup early or in losing to a lesser side. FFS!!! Nothing positive from tonight.

Offline steamer

« Reply #248 on: August 27, 2014, 10:19:48 PM »
kippaxvilla2
coach

« Reply #236 on: Today at 09:00:13 PM »QuoteIt doesn't need investment for a so called team if professions premier league footballers to beat a team from league one who have never beaten a team in the cup from this league before.

It takes a fcukin manager who has got the first clue tactically of how to set a team out to go after its opposition and grind them into the dirt.  Especially one from league bastard one.

Spot on, if you can not send out a team to win at home against a lower league team then you do not deserve the job.

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2014, 12:05:02 AM »
Is there anybody out there that doesn't believe Lambert (nice chap that he may be) is tactically inept?

Offline Villatillidie1982

« Reply #250 on: August 28, 2014, 12:44:26 AM »
No problem that Benteke or Kozak (or both) can't solve. It looked okay until the penalty area and then clueless. We paid £25 million for Bent? Apart from the failure in the opposition penalty area this season is so much better than last. Remember Sheffield United (and Bradford the season before that).
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 12:46:04 AM by Villatillidie1982 »

Offline DangerousBri

« Reply #251 on: August 28, 2014, 07:09:19 AM »
I was at the game and we struggled to break them down as per usual. The tactics from Lambert are nothing short of a disgrace, side to side and back. And now add Leyton Orient to the list of lower league clubs we've been knocked out of cup comps now under that useless manager. Sheff Utd, Milwall, Bradford and now last night i really don't know what he has to do to be given the sack. This is totally unacceplable. Granted we are not going to push for many league honurs so the cups are our only chance of any success and every fan loves a cup run but we just keep getting knocked out by teams 1/2 divisions below us.

Bacuna was dreadful playing down the right, right in front of Lambert but he refused to take him off, Cole was knackered after 10 mins, Westwood is to lightweight and Nathan Baker is well how he became a pro footballer i'll never know 4 great headers all over and wide.

Only positives from the game was Grealish always looking for the ball and was'nt scared to try things but is clearly not ready yet to be thrown in on premier league games maybe the odd 20 mins but will have a bright future, Also Sanchez played well put a foot in where Westwood would bottle the tackles and can move the ball around well i was hoping Delph would have came on to play along side him...

Overall its a total disgrace and this can not keep going on... Us fans deserve much more.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2014, 09:26:27 AM »
Maybe they've just decided fuck the cups this season, it's all about the league. Sad but feasible.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2014, 10:36:17 PM »
That's same as last season then.
Lambert said no one has a divine right to win a cup game  funny that he has handed us divine right to lose any cup game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal