collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Press-ing forward  (Read 3086 times)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: Press-ing forward
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2014, 07:00:55 PM »
If we look more organised that's a big step forward because we were all over the place last season.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2014, 07:03:49 PM »
Agree with most of the article, but we have to get over this thing about fluke wins last season.  Even if they were fluke wins you still shouldn't be grumbling especially when they came against much better teams than us.   In the case of the City game it seems like we showed some good fighting spirit.

When I said fluke I didn't mean undeserved, because they were very much deserved. What I meant was that to win those three big games last season we had to catch the opposition on an off-day because they're so much better than us. I thought we beat Stoke because we're better than them.

Offline Gregorys Boy

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2014, 08:20:46 PM »
Agree with most of the article, but we have to get over this thing about fluke wins last season.  Even if they were fluke wins you still shouldn't be grumbling especially when they came against much better teams than us.   In the case of the City game it seems like we showed some good fighting spirit.

When I said fluke I didn't mean undeserved, because they were very much deserved. What I meant was that to win those three big games last season we had to catch the opposition on an off-day because they're so much better than us. I thought we beat Stoke because we're better than them.

That is fair enough, but I was also responding to a general comment which has been by many on this site.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2014, 10:40:36 PM »
Spot on Dave thanks, a very good read.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal