collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: George Gavin and Tom Ross And Villa v Port Vale  (Read 4054 times)

Offline Rudy65

Re: George Gavin and Tom Ross And Villa v Port Vale
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2014, 01:38:16 PM »
I've had a few serious drenchings over the years but, the greatest soaking I ever got was at a match we played in Coventry.  I can't remember when it was or the score but, I was soaked through to my skivvies despite having appropriate clothing.  Late 70's early 80's?

Jan 1981. I was there as well. We won 2-1 and it was a very nervous last 20 mins as Cov battered us

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2014, 01:41:28 PM »
Thanks Rudy, that's the one.  I used to like going there, we rarely lost and was back home early.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2014, 03:38:31 PM »
I was on The Holte and probably had at least some cover. I certainly don't remember it being as wet as Huddersfield in 1987.

If you were stood next to me, which you were in all probability, you got soaked. It was when the roof only went half way.

I had a coat with a hood which stood up to the saoking manfully until midway through the second half when the water table in it collapsed and I got as wet as everyone else.

I definitely remember getting on the coach after the Huddersfield game and taking a bite of the burger I had just bought that was more water than burger by that point then getting my programme out of my pocket to read only to find it was just a lump of paper mache and totally unreadable. I also distinctively recall my travelling companion finding all of this very amusing.

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2014, 12:18:43 AM »
With the possible exception of Chris Nicholl goals in cup finals I don't think anything gets exaggerated over the years as much as rain during the match. I swear some of these torrential downpours were actually dry.

Do you really think Nicholl's goal at Old Trafford was exaggerated Dave? I was side on at Old Trafford and I swear he was fully forty yards out with no pedigree of being able to shoot like that from distance. An incredible strike.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2014, 12:29:11 AM »
With the possible exception of Chris Nicholl goals in cup finals I don't think anything gets exaggerated over the years as much as rain during the match. I swear some of these torrential downpours were actually dry.

Do you really think Nicholl's goal at Old Trafford was exaggerated Dave? I was side on at Old Trafford and I swear he was fully forty yards out with no pedigree of being able to shoot like that from distance. An incredible strike.

There are those who will wear he was in Stockport.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal