collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Philippe Senderos  (Read 142732 times)

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Philippe Senderos
« Reply #975 on: November 07, 2015, 09:54:32 AM »
the footballing and herpetological minutiae of this forum never ceases to amaze me! And here am I thinking Fab was just a cnut.

Lacking vertebrae, I'm sure he could curl himself up into the right sort of shape, if that's what floats your boat.
Lacking vertebrae, he probably blows himself off each night*.

*Wasn't it Marilyn Manson who had a vertebra removed so that he could fellate himself?

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #976 on: November 07, 2015, 10:53:33 AM »
the footballing and herpetological minutiae of this forum never ceases to amaze me! And here am I thinking Fab was just a cnut.

Lacking vertebrae, I'm sure he could curl himself up into the right sort of shape, if that's what floats your boat.
Lacking vertebrae, he probably blows himself off each night*.

*Wasn't it Marilyn Manson who had a vertebra removed so that he could fellate himself?

* I thought it was Prince

Offline joe_c

• Location: My secret hayloft, shot with shafts of afternoon sunlight
  • GM : 31.03.2020
« Reply #977 on: January 27, 2016, 11:38:05 PM »
Not seen this posted elsewhere but it seems we have conducted some business this window.

Quote from: Aston Villa Official Site
Philippe Senderos departs Villa
Defender leaves B6. 27th Jan 2016

Aston Villa and Philippe Senderos have mutually agreed to terminate the defender's contract.

Senderos arrived in June 2014 and made nine appearances in claret and blue.

The club wishes Philippe all the best in his future career.

Offline supertom

« Reply #978 on: January 27, 2016, 11:46:32 PM »
Philippe despite his reputation played well for us in his 9 games. But the problem with Philippe, and a reason why we shouldn't have signed him, is that he's always injured. It was inevitable. We had Blancmange Ron here taking up the treatment table so what did we do? We signed his Swiss cousin.
Good luck to him. I think perhaps moving to a less physically demanding league, he might be able to extend his playing career a bit longer. For someone we all expected to be an utter disaster he never really let us down on the pitch. The trouble is, as expected, he just didn't get on the pitch.

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #979 on: January 28, 2016, 12:18:42 AM »
That's a relief. I was expecting to read that we'd extended his contract and given him a pay rise.

Offline Witton Warrior

• GM : Feb, 2014
« Reply #980 on: January 28, 2016, 08:04:59 AM »
Philippe despite his reputation played well for us in his 9 games. But the problem with Philippe, and a reason why we shouldn't have signed him, is that he's always injured. It was inevitable. We had Blancmange Ron here taking up the treatment table so what did we do? We signed his Swiss cousin.
Good luck to him. I think perhaps moving to a less physically demanding league, he might be able to extend his playing career a bit longer. For someone we all expected to be an utter disaster he never really let us down on the pitch. The trouble is, as expected, he just didn't get on the pitch.

His performance when he bullied Ballotelli was a real highlight ;-)

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #981 on: January 28, 2016, 10:52:24 AM »
31 next month, right move. That's him and Cole shifted this window, Hope CNZ and GA follow before it closes.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #982 on: January 28, 2016, 11:21:57 AM »
I can't understand why we never played him again.  I don't accept he has not been fit since that injury nor that he wouldn't have had anything to contribute to one of the worst defences I have seen in 30 years.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #983 on: January 28, 2016, 11:25:35 AM »
I can't understand why we never played him again.  I don't accept he has not been fit since that injury nor that he wouldn't have had anything to contribute to one of the worst defences I have seen in 30 years.

It seems bizarre because when he did play at the start of his Villa career he actually looked solid, then he vanished. I think he was just a latter day member of the Villa bomb squad who we just wanted off the wage bill.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #984 on: January 28, 2016, 11:27:12 AM »

It seems bizarre because when he did play at the start of his Villa career he actually looked solid, then he vanished. I think he was just a latter day member of the Villa bomb squad who we just wanted off the wage bill.

Which is criminal really, as there have been loads of times we have been crying out for his experience.  In those fist 9 games he was very, very good.

Offline Duncan Shaw

« Reply #985 on: January 28, 2016, 11:28:23 AM »
Sherwood didn;t put him in the 25 man squad, so we couldn't play him.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #986 on: January 28, 2016, 02:13:40 PM »
Played well in his 9 games, but far too injury prone. It looks like Garde is clearing the decks it'll be good to see the likes of Senderos, Cole, Richardson, Gabby and N'Zog gone.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #987 on: January 28, 2016, 02:34:41 PM »
4 of those 5 would/will be gone in the summer anyway. Still, it's nice that Garde knows who is shit/a drain on the club.

Offline eddiemunster

« Reply #988 on: January 28, 2016, 02:56:18 PM »
4 of those 5 would/will be gone in the summer anyway. Still, it's nice that Garde knows who is shit/a drain on the club.

Gabby contracted till 2018.
19 under 21 players out of contract at end of season (including Donacien & Robinson who are both on loan).
Crespo,Steer,Baker,Bennett and Gardner out on loan till the end of the season.
How many of these will go cheaply as per the previous seasons loanees?
4 under 18 players out of contract at end of season.
How many of them (the 19 + 4) will be offered new contracts?
If Hollis' previous comments are anything to go by, probably none if them.

Offline supertom

« Reply #989 on: January 28, 2016, 04:13:41 PM »

His performance when he bullied Ballotelli was a real highlight ;-)
Loved that. I'll always remember him for that game.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal